Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

A.) I would feel bad having Monta in our miserable Offense

B.) The Warriors aren't going to give him up.

Meanwhile, Devean George, whom the Mavs have placed a high priority on re-signing,(WHY?) is receiving considerable attention from about a half dozen teams.(WHY)

exactly
roll.gif

FROM HOOPSHYPE.COM:

Knicks president Donnie Walsh and Mullin are close, so Walsh won't act unless Mullin is ready to deal. The source said the potential of an Ellis-JamalCrawford backcourt "would be dynamic" in the Mike D'Antoni system. Both players averaged 20 points per game this past season. A person close toEllis said the lightning-quick guard "would be very interested in the Knicks" and especially playing for D'Antoni. Newsday

DO IT DONNIE!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As always, good stuff 'pac.

- Maggette would be a good fit in San Antonio OR Boston. Wow. This is what ska was talking about a few pages back with Brand. He's looking at the Diddysigning like "ok, that's nice. But what else can you do?". I don't blame Elton for thinking hard about the GS offer.

- I think if the Knicks buy out Steph, they'll come to regret it. Watch him sign with Boston (if they don't get another guard by then).

- I'd love to know what the hell the Rockets are doing. You can't tell me all they are looking to add is Brent Barry as the "final piece".
tired.gif
Looks like they are content to keep this team just the way it is andgo out in the first round again next year.

Despite starting his NBA career as a point guard, Dwyane Wade reiterated he has no desire to return to the position. "Do I want to set up the offense every time? No, I don't want to do that," he said, as his basketball camp wound down at Florida International University. "I would love to get somebody else in that can handle the ball, as well, at times, and make plays." South Florida Sun-Sentinel
You hear that Monta?

even though maggette would give a boost to the spurs in terms of athleticism and scoring, i don't think he fits.

his long range shooting isn't the most consistent aspect in his game.

but knowing the spurs' luck, he'll shoot a career high in 3s but career low in free throws
laugh.gif

Meanwhile, Devean George, whom the Mavs have placed a high priority on re-signing,(WHY?) is receiving considerable attention from about a half dozen teams.(WHY) A league source said keen interest from Phoenix, San Antonio, Minnesota, Cleveland and New Orleans is making George seriously contemplate his next move. Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Backup point guard Tyronn Lue is another player the Mavs would like to re-sign, but according to a report Wednesday, he is looking hard at Phoenix and Boston. Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Suns need to stay away from trash like Lue and George.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

FROM HOOPSHYPE.COM:

Knicks president Donnie Walsh and Mullin are close, so Walsh won't act unless Mullin is ready to deal. The source said the potential of an Ellis-Jamal Crawford backcourt "would be dynamic" in the Mike D'Antoni system. Both players averaged 20 points per game this past season. A person close to Ellis said the lightning-quick guard "would be very interested in the Knicks" and especially playing for D'Antoni. Newsday

DO IT DONNIE!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

crossed_fingers_0.thumbnail.jpg

Originally Posted by tupac003

While Denver rebuffed trade offers for forward Carmelo Anthony, it's no secret among league general managers that the Nuggets are all ears for any proposal involving Camby or guard Allen Iverson. After hitting the lottery with Derrick Rose in the draft, the Chicago Bulls still have a need for a center. They also have an extra point guard in 27-year-old Kirk Hinrich, whose solid-if-unspectacular style is appreciated by Nuggets brass. After weeks of stumbling in a search for a coach before finally getting Vinny Del Negro to say yes, it's expected the Bulls will not be in any hurry to sort through thoughts on trading Hinrich. Denver Post

image687085x.jpg

- I'd love to know what the hell the Rockets are doing. You can't tell me all they are looking to add is Brent Barry as the "final piece".
tired.gif
Looks like they are content to keep this team just the way it is and go out in the first round again next year.

The Rockets are targeting Brent Barry for the LLE. Brent gives the Rockets a guy who can play the 1 2 and a little 3. A career 41% 3PT shooter. They wantBarry, so they can replace Head, who's nothing more then a spot up 3 point shooter. I mean, Barry is pretty much that nowadays, but at least he can playsome point, as, Head is a terrible ball handler.

Besides that, the Rockets can't do much else. They have to wait to see how the whole Carl Landry situation plays out. He's a FA, and the Rockets havethe right to match any offer. As a result, the Rockets can't do much with their MLE, because half or all of it will go to Landry.

Rockets are looking for backup swingman, and Maurice Evans is on the Rockets radar, since he'll be cheap. The Rockets want a bigger backup 2/3.

Horry said if he isn't back with the Spurs, he's interestd in the Rockets.

All in all, don't expect much from the Rockets this offseason. The Rockets are content going into the season with their squad.

But, they will be active during the trade deadline though. Morey thinks that's when there are better deals then, and the Rockets will have BobbyJackson's expiring $6-7M contract, Francis's expiring contract, Luther Head, and Memphis's 2nd round pick they aquired through this year'sdraft, in addition to their own, to play with.

So who exactly do the Knicks have to trade that the Warriors would want? Or is the magical power of the NYK MLE a more attrsctive contract then 5years at 10milbase with a 10% increase per year. Are you gunna offer up Z-bo for Monta where Z-bo can run wild with Don Nelson? Warriors 08-09 squad including ridiculoustrades is Damon Jones/Wally/Jack/Zbo/Varejo
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by rcdp

So who exactly do the Knicks have to trade that the Warriors would want? Or is the magical power of the NYK MLE a more attrsctive contract then 5years at 10mil base with a 10% increase per year. Are you gunna offer up Z-bo for Monta where Z-bo can run wild with Don Nelson? Warriors 08-09 squad including ridiculous trades is Damon Jones/Wally/Jack/Zbo/Varejo
indifferent.gif

Lee & Marbury for starters.

Knick fans hype up Lee like he is a fricken allstar, i swear. Dude is all right but no way do you give up a player who is going to be thebuilding blocks for your franchise for a dude who hustles a lot and an expiring contract.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by rcdp

So who exactly do the Knicks have to trade that the Warriors would want? Or is the magical power of the NYK MLE a more attrsctive contract then 5years at 10mil base with a 10% increase per year. Are you gunna offer up Z-bo for Monta where Z-bo can run wild with Don Nelson? Warriors 08-09 squad including ridiculous trades is Damon Jones/Wally/Jack/Zbo/Varejo
indifferent.gif

Yay a expiring contract and Brian Cardinal without a jumper.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Knick fans hype up Lee like he is a fricken allstar, i swear. Dude is all right but no way do you give up a player who is going to be the building blocks for your franchise for a dude who hustles a lot and an expiring contract.

340x.jpg
DLee.jpg

Steph is still one of the most talented guards in the league...$21 mill is off of your cap at the end of the season and you can resign a talented desperateguard for cheap. If Monta is the future of your franchise......
tired.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Knick fans hype up Lee like he is a fricken allstar, i swear. Dude is all right but no way do you give up a player who is going to be the building blocks for your franchise for a dude who hustles a lot and an expiring contract.

Steph is still one of the most talented guards in the league...$21 mill is off of your cap at the end of the season and you can resign a talented desperate guard for cheap. If Monta is the future of your franchise......
tired.gif

Monta is more of a building block then David Lee and Marbury will ever be.

btw: If Danilo is the future of your franchise .....

Steph is still one of the most talented guards in the league...$21 mill is off of your cap at the end of the season and you can resign a talented desperate guard for cheap. If Monta is the future of your franchise......
doesnt change the fact that the dude is still a cancer. Im neither a fan of the Warriors or the Knicks, but im pretty sure id rather have abudding star in Monta than a pocketful of dreams that Lebron will come to NY in 10'. The Knick have got to be the worst franchise in all of sports. Allthat money and not even close to the playoffs. BTW, David Lee is more overhyped than Andrew Bynum....

I don't think he means Lee for Ellis straight up. The Knicks do have players some teams might want. I'd want Lee on my team.

I don't think he means Lee for Ellis straight up. The Knicks do have players some teams might want. I'd want Lee on my team.
yeah he was talking Lee and Marbury for Ellis. I agree that I wouldnt mind Lee on my team but I wouldnt give up someone who has a chance to be afuture allstar.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

The thing is I'm looking through the roster and can't find any suitable trade offers for Monta. The most plausible thing I see is Crawford + Lee +picks. But I think trading away Crawford would defeat the whole purpose in getting Monta to run alongside with him

Back
Top Bottom