sneakers at grammys???

i was on the phone wit the homie bun b for like 45 min...talkin about clothes and music and BS....and the conversation lead to the grammys .....and what we waswearing.....when i told him what i "was" gonna wear...he was like ...naaaaaaaaa...lol....your gonna end up on somebodys blog ...but i told him that iwould feel so very pretenious to dress up too much...im just goin to support my friends raheem and mark...im just a spectator...so i picked out a couple fitsfor the grammys ..my question is ...do yall think its tacky to wear sneakers to the grammys.....on one hand its super prestigious and blah blah blah...onanother .its just another industry event right??? but its not like its the BETS where bammas was smokin weed in the venue...kind of a conundrum....so what yallthink

My opinion is to do you. If you aren't comfortable getting too dressed up, don't. You know for sure that you will not be the only guy there insneakers, but as long as you can pull it off you are fine. If you like to dress up on occasion this is a great opportunity to do it (obviously), but if not whymake yourself uncomfortable? I am a big believer of "Look good, feel good" and if you are confident in your look go for it.

Originality by conforming to the whole "non-conformist" type thing, very original i must say. If you want to look like an ignoramus go ahead and goin some multi-colored stuff with tight jeans and a hoody screaming "DMV!!" Yea man, you will be putting it down for the area.

But seriously, wear a suit with some sneakers if your going to go that route.

url

If your not dressed like this man, your fine.

Like dude said if you comfortable with it. Sneakers to such a formal event is a hit or miss. Maybe some all black sneakers would not look bad.

PURPLE AVENGERS! LOL...

rep DC to the fullest. give folks something to talk about...

its another industry event, but the stage goes well beyond the physical.

its free advertising and marketing....

take advantage. but still be classy wit it.

if it were me?

i'd rock left foot silver flightposite mj euro and the right foot silver foamposite with a custom tee by peekaso reflecting the city like no other..

rock them new fila pradas hurricane chris just dropped...those are fire...you cant go wrong with them....

naw im just playing....on the really i would wear sneakers...why conform to an overated event that hardly supportS hip hop...

word to ODB!

get dressed up and throw on some classic mikes and call it a day....nothing too jiggy but something that will turn a few heads.....some FRESH concords would ba bodacious choice....lol

Naw dude. Dress up. I aint sayin' wear a suit. But a nice shirt. jeans and some slick shoes. I wouldn't even wear sneakers at all.

I'd leave the sneakers to the youngins.

I'm clownin' you for holdin' a 45 minute conversation with another dude about what yall wearin'...lol. j/k.

That's like the night before the FIRST day of school.

Outfit all ironed and laid out across the bed,,,

[[Mike Epps]] I'ma kill'em wit this tomorrow!

Yea seriously, Bun B and fashion, those Bun B Pro-Keds were hot yung... Those cats dont dress up for a funeral for Pimp C, why would they dress up for theGrammys?

Just my Thoughts.. BUT

Everyone has the Chance to Dress like their Culture for the VMA's and all the other Cult Award Shows.. However...The Grammays aren't just a chance tobe seen, but a chance to Network YOU as not only an Artist, BUT as a businessman.

With that said.. You can always wear something Clever...yet not something that says, I have to represent... Who knows what Industry people withIN Music.. OR inthe Entertainment Industry as well.

I've learned.. you walk the walk when its appropriate.

Do you ALWAYS want to be Wale the Artist.. or do you have an Alter Ego Wale the Business MAN.

Something to think about.

I wear Sweats, Jeans and everything else you can think of on the Nike Campus.. but tomorrow...

I will be a lil more cleaned up because of who I will be in front of.

No gassy foods for me tonite.. cause they may explode at the wrong time tomorrow... (Bubble Guts.. Mudd Butt)

Go the Russell Simmons route. You can still rock the sneakers with a nice suit, blazer, dress shirt, etc.

Dress it up. You wear sneakers everyday. Dress shoes would be more tastseful IMO ( which my opion could never be wrong). Have nike make you some Nike GoaGatorLoaffers.

Back
Top Bottom