SNOWBOARD SEASON 2009/2010

Originally Posted by armanzaballa

I went up to Squaw last Wednesday and Thursday. BEAUTIFUL weather. It was flawless.

I bet it was! I was right around the corner at Northstar
pimp.gif

I gotta squeeze in some more day trips before the mountains start melting
eek.gif
!!

More Snow!!! I'm heading up to North Shore for the weekend on Friday the 13th
nerd.gif

I'll be riding @ North Star on Saturday the 14th and maaaybe Sunday. Anyone else going to be there?

Going to Donner Ski Ranch on Sunday.. time to get that rehab.

Going to Northstar on 17th and 18th
pimp.gif

Hmm, looks like the snow isn't all that great right now, the temp is a lil high. I'm sure it will be worth a trip anyways!

im thinking about going, kind of reluctant cause of the price. next year im getting a season pass for sure

Went to Donner, sprained my knee in the first hour.
mad.gif
I got a ride down inthe toboggan.
tired.gif

Cant even go on my 2 day trip to Northstar.

Done for the season. *puts finger gun to head, squeeze*

On the positive side, the snow was straight powder in the backcountry.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

Went to Donner, sprained my knee in the first hour.
mad.gif
I got a ride down in the toboggan.
tired.gif

Cant even go on my 2 day trip to Northstar.

Done for the season. *puts finger gun to head, squeeze*

On the positive side, the snow was straight powder in the backcountry.
pimp.gif
I'm sorry to hear that my friend, but at least you ended this season with some nice back country powder!

I'm heading up on Friday night with a bunch of friends we're staying in Carnelian Bay and riding Northstar Saturday, and maybe some of the die hardswill ride off hang overs on Sunday too. Again, is anyone going to be at Northstar this weekend
nerd.gif
?

Originally Posted by kicksaholic86

Man I wish I was up in Norcal instead of LA for school. These Socal mountains are weak.
I've heard awesome things about Mammoth Mountain, I know it's not exactly close to LA, but it's easier to get to from the South. Haveyou been?

bump for the first rain/snow of the season

heres a pic of my 09 custom/07 missons with hail boots

anyone go to mammoth on friday?

It was free for the opening day.

Cheap lift tickets starting next month.

Skidazzle.com, warren miller tickets to heavenly ($15).

pimp.gif
Cant wait for the first day, i dont have an acl, so hopefully my bracewill hold up
ohwell.gif

how does the free lift tickets work for skidazzle? could i just buy hella entrance tickets and redeem a bunch of free tickets?

Kobe Fan, you're a soldier!
Ludex, they make you register it by name to redeem your ticket, but I bet if you're crafty you might finagle a couple extra.
I've been so juiced for this coming season, I can't wait to ride!
A bunch of friends are heading to Northstar for opening day on the 21st, I might join them but it might just be a low-coverage blow out
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ludex360

how does the free lift tickets work for skidazzle? could i just buy hella entrance tickets and redeem a bunch of free tickets?

You can only redeem the "Free" ($15) lift tix for specific dates. The back of the card they give you lists date ranges and the resorts you can usethem at. They do have blackout dates. Definitely a good deal if you are able to go during any of those dates.

$10 Sugar bowl tickets this saturday (October 24) at Sierra Snowboard in Sacramento.

Also first 50 people entering the store Sat/ Sun gets a free lift ticket.

Forum is premiering their movie for this season.

I would go but Machida /Shogun fight is this weekend, and got a birthday party to go to after
tired.gif

sup everyone. you guys hear any good news on the snow report for tahoe?

also, i got the free lift ticket from skidazzle and it seems to be different this year. i remember last year i brought the card to northstar and redeemed itfor a free lift ticket. this year it says "two-for-one" free lift ticket. i've been trying to find out from skidazzle if i have to buy a liftticket in order to get a free one. if anything i'll probably get a double-whammy pass if it's the latter.

I went night boarding @ Boreal yesterday, it was coo for $25, I had fun. Call me a snob, but since I'm used to Northstar, Boreal is kinda Ghetto
tongue.gif
I'mtrying to see about getting some lift tix for Northstar comped so I can ride tomorrow in spite of my pass being blacked out. The snow must have been greattoday, anyone up here?

I just got home from a 4ish day vacay in Tahoe. On Satruday, I went to Sierra to board, and it was very decent. A friend of mines went yesterday to Kirkwoodand said there was fresh powder--which i totally believe since it was snowing the past couple days out there.

not sure if anyone checks this thread still, but i'm trying to go snowboarding within the next few weeks and i'm not really sure what place i shouldgo to being that i'm a beginner, but i was thinking maybe sierra or somewhere close to tahoe because i live around sacramento. also, how much would it befor the lift ticket and to rent a board and boots? thanks...

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

not sure if anyone checks this thread still, but i'm trying to go snowboarding within the next few weeks and i'm not really sure what place i should go to being that i'm a beginner, but i was thinking maybe sierra or somewhere close to tahoe because i live around sacramento. also, how much would it be for the lift ticket and to rent a board and boots? thanks...

sugar bowl is supposedly the closest resort from the bay area. i liked it there a lot, but some of the beginner runs were hard to learn on because some of thetrails were too flat to gain any momentum. i went to sierra a few weeks ago and the beginner slopes are decent, but it was pretty crowded out there. in myexperience going to a tahoe resort on the weekend meant a lot of heads.

but, i went to dodge ridge out in pinecrest yesterday (some random place roughly 2.5 hrs away from tracy) and there weren't too many people. beginnertrails are pretty good out there, theyre all next to each other, and theres plenty of room to practice.

lift tickets can go from 49-59, but you can check snowbomb.com or your local lucky/safeway and see if they have any discount tickets. as far as rentals go atresorts, they can vary from 30-40 for the board/boots/bindings package, but i stopped at a nearby mom-and-pop rental shop about 10 minutes away from the resortand they saved about 10 bucks, so i suggest renting outside of the resort if you can.

Back
Top Bottom