So had Five Guys Burgers and Fries for the First Time Vol. California Native

Haven't had In n out in years but it was fire. Five Guys is pretty good but we don't got much else in florida. I went to the shake shack on south beach once over the summer and it was way better than 5 guys imo, I need to try a shake tho

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Did you go to the one in Northridge? It's RIGHT across the street from In N Out, found it hilarious.

Since when? I live in Northridge and I don't even know about this
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

This thread comes up annually.
The thing about it though is California is home of the burger, and Californians are not down with Five Guys. It's just slop.

In-N-Out is king around here as far as burger chains go and Five Guys is proving to be nothing more than a pebble at the throne.

On a related note, has anyone tired the Counter?  There's a couple of them over here in the West L.A. area and one that I know of in the South Bay.  I hear good things. 

Yeah, I've been there and it's expensive as hell. You can order a burger from their menu at a fixed price but I'd rather create my own using their checklist form. Only problem is it all adds up and I ended up paying almost $20 for a burger and fries. It was good but... $20?

5 guys = clean style burger
in n out = greasy
original tommy's = messy

they all have their differences but they're all good.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Did you go to the one in Northridge? It's RIGHT across the street from In N Out, found it hilarious.

Since when? I live in Northridge and I don't even know about this
30t6p3b.gif
It's near Tampa/Nordhoff near the Costco. Both burger places will be the first thing you see when you make left on that light.

Originally Posted by CodLiverOil

Smash burger > Five Guys

Is this place legit? There's one across my street. But never bothered to go, idk why but the logo throws me off! I always think it's like Game Stop or something.
laugh.gif

As far as Five Guys, there's one that just opened up in Las Vegas. And so far, everytime i've passed by it, it's PACKED! And there's definitely a lot of salty In-N-Out employees.
roll.gif

i had five guys but never had N out to whatever that place is called is it steak n shake or cook out?

In & Out > Five guys and its not even close

Freshness, consistency, taste and pricing at In & Out makes it the best burger chain

Got one here in Calgary finally...still waiting on In & Out. I doubt we'll ever get it, but it's soooo good. 

5 guys buns be falling apart and in n out buns are more firm and toasted real nice.... I LIKE firm toasted buns!!!!

let's not forget to discuss 5 guys' fries. 
sick.gif

them thangs go limp 10 seconds after they come out the fryer.

(although in n out's fries aren't the best either)

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by Based Mod

why would you want your burger medium rare though?
indifferent.gif

in n out >> five guys though

both in taste and price

More flavor which is why In-N-Out is usually medium-well whereas Five Guys burgers are well done.

pink ground beef = explosive diarrhea

in n out got that distinct flavor. five guys burgers are pretty forgettable. can't beat in n out prices too
pimp.gif

Had some today and I really do think it's overhyped, still
pimp.gif
And
indifferent.gif
@  IN'N'OUT for not going national or at least hitting a few big markets yet.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CodLiverOil

Smash burger > Five Guys
I've never tried Five Guys.

Hit up Smash Burger when I went to ASU a couple of weeks ago,
smokin.gif

Still In N Out> Smash Burger  (Fried Pickles
smokin.gif
)

Originally Posted by gentry187

Born & raised in Cali.

5guys > In n Out

Fries with A-1 sauce =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Must be from death valley or some hick city in cali to ever make that statement with a straight e-face.

Originally Posted by 951guero

laugh.gif
funny you say that because the one i went to in Mo Val is literally 2 minutes away from an In N Out here too

Mo Val = Moreno Valley?

dude, i had the greatest burger in this place called HOGGS. Burgers were huge, price wasn't bad and they were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom