What I do with my own money
That I work for is my business
Ain’t nobody gonna guilt me into giving ****
These same folks talking bout tipping
Ain’t even giving their tithe’s at church
So get off y’all high horse
A501E04A-2C3F-4AB8-A227-A7E373E72BAD.gif

:lol:

But for real why do some restaurants and coffee shops have a tip jar by the cashier?

It's a psychology thing. They put them there so people will just leave the extra change if they pay with cash. If your order is $4.60 you'd be more inclined to just chuck in the change and not even think twice. It only works on certain people of course :lol:

But nah sooperhooper sooperhooper ima need you to visit a barbershop don’t disrespect your lineup by Masturbating a self haircut on your head just cause you wanna save a few dollars.

Not really, because it will no longer be percentage based. There's no reason I should be giving waitresses an extra $40 for bringing me a $180 bottle of wine or an expensive steak. That doesn't take any more time or work to bring to my table. If servers were paid hourly/or salary to perform the same duty I think it would benefit most people who tip now.
Yea I don’t tip off of percentages cuz that doesn’t always make sense...I go by how good the service was and how much I feel like giving

Imagine buying 2 expensive plates of food and having to tip a percentage when the server did the same type of work as ordering 2 IHOP omelets :lol: :smh:

It's a psychology thing. They put them there so people will just leave the extra change if they pay with cash. If your order is $4.60 you'd be more inclined to just chuck in the change and not even think twice. It only works on certain people of course :lol:
That reminds me. When I was in the 11th grade, my class went on a field trip to the museum. There was this can sitting there, I guess it was part of the exhibit but people threw change in it. I emptied that can. :lol:

But nah sooperhooper sooperhooper ima need you to visit a barbershop don’t disrespect your lineup by Masturbating a self haircut on your head just cause you wanna save a few dollars.
Family, I'm an artist and I'm nice with it. Get compliments on my cuts and everything. They might not be 100% comparable to a barber, but 93% is solid and I've saved thousands over the years.

Why should they get a tip for ringing me up.
If it's a restaurant and you're dinning in, then there is the person cooking and bringing the food to your table. Like I said since you order at the counter and not giving the sever the money, then it's the exact same thing as if you went to a regular restaurant and order at the table. Some people use cash so they can just put the tip in the jar instead of handing it over. Or they add the tip on the receipt if they use a card. If you get your food to go then there's still the cook (however some places don't split tips with cooks).
For coffee shops it's like cubanref cubanref said. People will usually just toss the loose change into the jar. In any case tipping has always been optional so why not have a tip jar.

Just factor the tip into the pricing and be done with it and give a bottom line price with whatever type of tip would be factored in.

I remember when I was buying new furniture for my place. I saw the price listed, but I knew tax and delivery costs would add on quite a bit to the price. I told the person helping me from the get go to give my bottom line price after tax, delivery, and the insurance coverage rather than pitch me on the displayed price only to add extra costs on when it was time to pay.

I’m just not a fan of hidden charges and fees, If a burger, fries and a drink is $15. I want to pay $15 and not feel like I’m getting hit with hidden fees which push that $15 to $20.

That’s what I do for my online ticket purchases. I have it set up to show the price with the fees included.

I hate seeing a price then when you go to check out you see all these hidden service fees they hit you with last minute.

I feel you but sometimes I'd rather the fee's be hidden. The fee to buy tickets online is criminal. If I buy tickets for $40 and see there was a $10+ service fee for nothing, it infuriates me. I'd rather it just say the tickets were 50.

Edit: I think I just restated what you said. :lol:
:smh: Too true
Processing fee
Handling fee
Convenience fee
Service fee
:smh:

For some reason i get the most entitled vibe from bartenders when it comes to expecting tips. Everyone else i just get a begger vibe, like panhandling or something.

I feel you but sometimes I'd rather the fee's be hidden. The fee to buy tickets online is criminal. If I buy tickets for $40 and see there was a $10+ service fee for nothing, it infuriates me. I'd rather it just say the tickets were 50.

Edit: I think I just restated what you said. :lol:
Booking Hotels online too ...room listed for $85 for the night, checkout is $146 :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom