SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

If a server is going to complain about the occasional bad tipper. They should also refuse tips when they got the full 20% when they didn’t provide their best service.

If a server is going to complain about the occasional bad tipper. They should also refuse tips when they got the full 20% when they didn’t provide their best service.
If their service was satisfactory enough to where the payer didn't have any qualms giving them that much, why should they?

"I'm sorry, sir...but you need to raise your standards giving me a tip like that. I suggest you be more high-maintenance/particular in future dealings."

**** outta here with that.

Whose brillant idea was it to pay servers less than minimum wage and suggest that customers pay tips?
Restaurant owners who understand how cutthroat/labile the industry is and decided they needed to cut costs wherever they can to keep doors open.

Something like 75% of restaurants fail within their first 2 years of business? I'm not saying it's right, but for them to adopt a "no tipping" policy would mean that everyone else around them would have to do the same without making their food seemingly overpriced.

Restaurant owners who understand how cutthroat/labile the industry is and decided they needed to cut costs wherever they can to keep doors open.

Something like 75% of restaurants fail within their first 2 years of business? I'm not saying it's right, but for them to adopt a "no tipping" policy would mean that everyone else around them would have to do the same without making their food seemingly overpriced.
How do fast food restaurants manage to pay minimum wage to their workers?

If you're a server you shouldn't judge someone by how they dress. I remember working a slow lunch once in NYC and this dude came into by himself. Dressed in some khaki shorts and a shirt that had holes in them with sandals and socks on. One of the servers me to take that "bum" for her cause he looked like he didn't tip. Treated him like a normal customer. At the end, dude pulls out an AMEX black card for his lunch which was around $12 and left me $20 in cash :lol: :pimp: A simple thank you and we did one of these
cookie.gif

If you're a server you shouldn't judge someone by how they dress. I remember working a slow lunch once in NYC and this dude came into by himself. Dressed in some khaki shorts and a shirt that had holes in them with sandals and socks on. One of the servers me to take that "bum" for her cause he looked like he didn't tip. Treated him like a normal customer. At the end, dude pulls out an AMEX black card for his lunch which was around $12 and left me $20 in cash :lol: :pimp: A simple thank you and we did one of these
cookie.gif

Remember hill country snl partites?

I accidentally grab this guy drink when i went to clean it up. He was said he was still drinking it, I hadn’t thorwn it away but gave it right back to him and he slide me $20.

He looked some famous rock star from my judgement.

How do fast food restaurants manage to pay minimum wage to their workers?
Low quality ingredients bought in mass quantities/wholesale due to contracts that facilitate such low prices, assembly-line production involving less cooking equipment, lower skillset employees (virtually no culinary education in the back of house and minimal customer service/attentiveness at the register and in the dining room), strong corporate backbone streamlining efficiency, etc.

If you don't understand the difference in operations between fast food establishments and small/independent restaurants there's really no point in me continuing this conversation.

Remember hill country snl partites?

I accidentally grab this guy drink when i went to clean it up. He was said he was still drinking it, I hadn’t thorwn it away but gave it right back to him and he slide me $20.

He looked some famous rock star from my judgement.
SNL parties were legit :pimp:
I remember a barback stole Diddy's sunglasses at the end of the night
All the girls were afraid of Ben Affleck >D
And **** Russell Brand for having me going around looking for Diet Dr.Pepper...Found him a 12 pack and he only drank 2. At least he was cool at the end lol

Low quality ingredients bought in mass quantities/wholesale due to contracts that facilitate such low prices, assembly-line production involving less cooking equipment, lower skillset employees (virtually no culinary education in the back of house and minimal customer service/attentiveness at the register and in the dining room), strong corporate backbone streamlining efficiency, etc.

If you don't understand the difference in operations between fast food establishments and small/independent restaurants there's really no point in me continuing this conversation.
Of course I know the difference. The point is everything should even out. Meals are more expensive so some of it should trickle down to the employees. I do not agree with how this system works but it is a social norm at this point.

SNL parties were legit :pimp:
I remember a barback stole Diddy's sunglasses at the end of the night
All the girls were afraid of Ben Affleck >D
And **** Russell Brand for having me going around looking for Diet Dr.Pepper...Found him a 12 pack and he only drank 2. At least he was cool at the end lol

I remember giving a stare down to adam samberg cuase he was a cornball and still is.

Kennan thompson is fake black, he didnt give the typical were the only black guys in the room head nod, and scurryed off.

The snl paries were always fun.

Good times, will never eat there though it sucks balls.

Of course I know the difference. The point is everything should even out. Meals are more expensive so some of it should trickle down to the employees. I do not agree with how this system works but it is a social norm at this point.
Everything doesn't even out, though. Fast food still generates higher profit margins because it has a greater support system than the independent business owner does. Should things even out? Of course, but that's not the world we live in.

Until then, support the restaurants you like and the staff members that treat you well.

cookie.gif
Sigh the mistake of judging someone how they look, the stories I hear and the stories I know are true are always hilarious. Short version good friend of mine worked at a Chevy dealership, white guy came in cut off jean shorts and T shirt. Nobody wanted to help him so he did, dude bought 4 trucks for his business. Friend had to help drive one of the trucks back.

You could tell H2HK took NT too seriously. Pretty sad how pathetic he was.

Cuz theyre racists that are fine with perpetuating racism.
Do you guys think that the roots of tipping actually matter to servers regardless of race these days?

At this point they're all involved in the same struggle which I spoke upon above.

Adding to this, the argument presented completely ignores how the restaurant/food industry has changed since the 19th century.

It's cool to know the past, but that needs to be measured by the current culture.

You might be trolling but this is a good angle.

So for you, "I tip because I feel bad for the poor workers" approach, how do you respond to this?

I dont tip janitors for cleaning up my ****, why the hell would I tip a barber?

You tip any of the following:

Plumbers
Electricians
Carpenters
Mechanics

Do you guys think that the roots of tipping actually matter to servers regardless of race these days?

At this point they're all involved in the same struggle which I spoke upon above.

Adding to this, the argument presented completely ignores how the restaurant/food industry has changed since the 19th century.

It's cool to know the past, but that needs to be measured by the current culture.
It hasnt changed much if the stance is about a struggle that is easily remedied and workers still choose to get paid a pittance.

It hasnt changed much if the stance is about a struggle that is easily remedied and workers still choose to get paid a pittance.
If your idea of an easy remedy is "change the culture of an entire industry," then you're optimist to a fault, and that's putting it lightly.

Adding to this, if you can't acknowledge the changes to the way food has been distributed/served since the 1800s then there's really no point in discussing this topic with someone like yourself.

Pick up a book, learn about industrialization, and come back when you're able to add some substance to the conversation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom