SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Stopped going to the barber since I cut my **** down to a .5 anyways. Got a good set of clippers and now I do it myself. Gf cleans up the neckline.

Was going every week. 25 plus 10 for tip. Invested in a good set of clippers and havent looked back in almost a yr now!

Haircut increases just mean I get cuts less often. I've went from once a week, to once every other week, to once a month.

Pushing 5 weeks now, checked the app and my barber is booked up this Saturday too so it looks like I'm still waiting for a cut.

Besides once I loc'd my hair the need for cuts has dwindled quite a bit, gave myself a retwist for the first time this past weekend too.

Haircut increases just mean I get cuts less often. I've went from once a week, to once every other week, to once a month.

Pushing 5 weeks now, checked the app and my barber is booked up this Saturday too so it looks like I'm still waiting for a cut.

Besides once I loc'd my hair the need for cuts has dwindled quite a bit, gave myself a retwist for the first time this past weekend too.
Come on over to the dark side my guy, get a cut one a quarter. I came home last year and just shave it off every other day. Nothing like that smooth feeling when you done. However you in VA right, southern VA. This cold weather is biting hard when you don't have on a hat.

Lmao at southern VA and cold weather

We've gotten snow the past 3 weeks. I'm going through it. It has been extremely cold sir.

Come on over to the dark side my guy, get a cut one a quarter. I came home last year and just shave it off every other day. Nothing like that smooth feeling when you done. However you in VA right, southern VA. This cold weather is biting hard when you don't have on a hat.

I would but I don't think I could ever go back to no hair on my head at all.

Im never paying more than $25 with tip for a cut. My barber charges $18 a cut, usually give $25 and call it a day. People wylin with $50+ haircuts. Those cuts arent THAT much better. If you get a cut and beard work, idk that world but for a regular cut anything above $25-30 is downright criminal.

A haircut been about $15-20 since I was a kid from any black barber. We talking close to 20 years ago.

If price is truly that concerning, there's other options.

Nah it doesnt always. Theres a lot of overpriced stuff, haircuts are no different.

Been cutting my own hair since after college. Plus back then the guy in the dorms was only charging $4 to cut hair cuz he wasn't a pro.

Had to bail on barbershop after cuts started costing more than $13.

I'm lucky I can cut it myself and besides that I got a full head of hair. Currently sporting a mini for since I simply got tired of cutting my hair twice a month.

I don't know how some of y'all do it.

Man I got a fresh cut, he did a Southside fade (think Dallas or Houston dudes) and it looks fire but my forehead is like an 8head right now. I'm a just call it a day on the hair which is sad because minus the vertex trouble area my hair is so dark and thick like a lamb, waves up naturally and everything.

Last edited:
Been cutting my own hair since after college. Plus back then the guy in the dorms was only charging $4 to cut hair cuz he wasn't a pro.

Had to bail on barbershop after cuts started costing more than $13.

I'm lucky I can cut it myself and besides that I got a full head of hair. Currently sporting a mini for since I simply got tired of cutting my hair twice a month.

I don't know how some of y'all do it.
I know dudes that can’t go more than like 2 weeks without a cut.. their hair ain’t even bad they just really have to have the fresh cut look / feel constantly.. barbers too damn expensive for all that

Some guys can pull off the nappy/grungy look.

A fresh cut, 360 waves is really all a lot guys going for them. I totally understand getting a cut every week in that case.
Even the nappy look has to be groomed. The Frobe never turned into the Frobe-locs.

Donald Glover keeps his **** in check.

You know who didnt keep his grungy look in check? Jimmy Butler during the NBA bubble.

It stuck out to me cuz, as I've said previously, I dont consistently get my hair cut. Wife tells me all the damn time I look like a jail bird. I dont pay her no mind...she still in bed with me every night.

Then I saw Jimmy's mustache hair sitting inside his mouth and I was like holy ****, he looks like a jail bird...he looks like...me.
JimmyButler_NBABubble.jpg

Back
Top Bottom