SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Anyone ever accidentally left their card at a bar with an open tab?

Did this for the first time the other night and they added their own 20% tip

Never heard of this so I called the bar and asked why they didn't just charge for the drinks alone, and the girl on the phone said "well, you know, our bartenders do need to make a living wage for the service they're providing...."

I just left it alone since it wasn't worth my time to go back and forth, plus I had an upgraded card on the way in a couple days

It was just wine that took a minute for the bartender to grab

How much was the bill? 20% of what

Anyway I would leave a review on google for that place to warn others

Nah that’s not right and they know it too. That’s liable to getting fired if that’s my business

I don't tip my barber.
I go for a weekly cut and pay $35( on rare occasions 2x a week)
Been going to this man for 8 years straight. Since moving to this city.

That is tip enough.
Am I wrong for this?

Let me add.. he has called me Phillipe for 8 years, which is not my name by the way .. it's too far out for me to correct him.. :lol:

I don't tip my barber.

That is tip enough.
Am I wrong for this?

Let me add.. he has called me Phillipe for 8 years, which is not my name by the way .. it's too far out for me to correct him.. :lol:

i was gonna say you a lame for not tipping, until you said you pay $35 for a cut?! weekly?!

i think you getting finessed

i was gonna say you a lame for not tipping, until you said you pay $35 for a cut?! weekly?!

i think you getting finessed

Yeah I go weekly, $35 including beard trim and shape with a fade.

All places in my area charges $35-40 a fade.. no beard. **** is went crazy during COVID.

I miss those $10 haircut from friends and family...
And about 15 at the shop.

jeeeeesus thats insane. i started cutting my own hair a couple years ago, but dont think i ever paid more than 25 with tip prior to that

I don't tip my barber.

That is tip enough.
Am I wrong for this?

Nah I feel you. For some reason tipping the barber is the one time I don’t agree with it but still do it anyway :lol:
I pay 35 and tip either $5 or $10 depends what kinda cash I have. I go once a month

Never heard of this so I called the bar and asked why they didn't just charge for the drinks alone, and the girl on the phone said "well, you know, our bartenders do need to make a living wage for the service they're providing...."

I just left it alone since it wasn't worth my time to go back and forth, plus I had an upgraded card on the way in a couple days

Man don't let that foolishness slide.

Nah they're out of pocket.

They can pay the bartenders a livable wage.

I don't tip my barber.

That is tip enough.
Am I wrong for this?

if you like the way he cuts your hair tip that man. Finding another barber you have a good repertoire with and cuts your hair good can be a *****. I’ll gladly over tip a good barber over a waiter any day. I pay $100 every other Friday for a fade. Get shampoo and conditioner, razor and hot towel treatment maybe even a beer or drink if the shop is in that mood

jeeeeesus thats insane. i started cutting my own hair a couple years ago, but dont think i ever paid more than 25 with tip prior to that
Y’all better than me.

I was paying $10 for the longest. Never tipped. Then $12 or $13 which included my beard. I went away for college and homey in the dorms around there was charging $4 or food for a cut. I came back and cuts were now $15 and $20. I started to learn to cut my own hair from then on :lol:

Got tired of it and grew my hair out and got braids. When I need to I shape myself up.

if you like the way he cuts your hair tip that man. Finding another barber you have a good repertoire with and cuts your hair good can be a *****. I’ll gladly over tip a good barber over a waiter any day. I pay $100 every other Friday for a fade. Get shampoo and conditioner, razor and hot towel treatment maybe even a beer or drink if the shop is in that mood
$100 every other Friday

:sick:

I pay $150 every 2 months for a wash, retwist, style and taper.

I gave up going in between at this point. Next time in the barbershop will be right before Thanksgiving, then New Years.

$100 every other Friday

:sick:
Idc. I don’t even know how much a cut is at his shop anymore to be honest been getting a cut with him since we were in high school together 20 years ago. I’m probably grandfathered in at $15-20 but I don’t care that my manses an em. Even when he’s not at the shop he’ll tell me to pull up to his crib and cut me in his kitchen or backyard

one ever accidentally left their card at a bar with an open tab?

It all depends. Were you alone or with a group? And if you were, how many in your group? Some restaurants & bars have it noted on their menus that any group of x or more (usually 6) they automatically add 20%.

Now if you were solely by yourself, yeah, I would have had that charge disputed ASAP. Especially if you had given the bartender some cash for tip earlier.

I’m paying 38 for cut and beard. Dude only ring me up 25 somehow last week, maybe he feel bad like he should only charge 2/3s because that bald spot is like already taken care of

Ya if you find a barber that does a good job, tip them. So many trash barbers out here. Im shocked at how many cant even line a beard. I dont even ask for that anymore, i just do it myself. I get a cut and fade. Leave the beard alone.

$100 is wild tho lol

I would definitely pay like 80 for some salon/spa treatment on top of the cut, fade, and beard

Maybe once a year or for a special occasion but I don’t need that nonsense every other week.

Cut me up and send me on my way for a cool $35-$45 and I’m g

Back
Top Bottom