SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I just wish they'd get rid of tipping altogether. The guest shouldn't be tasked with paying the worker.
When I pay with a card at a popular taco spot by me, the cashier always asks "would you like to leave a tip for the staff today", I hate that. So tacky and comes across as begging to me.
Just ordered online from this spot and they automatically have the 20% tip option selected. You have to move it to no tip. They trippin.

This isn’t about tips but you guys notice every store asks you to round up or donate money now?

I go to Costco and they ask me to donate to childrens hospital. Meanwhile that same hospital is constantly under construction just because they have money to burn.

That pisses me off when big corporations beg for money for other massive corporations. YOU donate your money. We’re busy spending it in your store so you can have record profits.

This isn’t about tips but you guys notice every store asks you to round up or donate money now?

I go to Costco and they ask me to donate to childrens hospital. Meanwhile that same hospital is constantly under construction just because they have money to burn.

That pisses me off when big corporations beg for money for other massive corporations. YOU donate your money. We’re busy spending it in your store so you can have record profits.
I’d rather the round up to donate to charity than people outside of stores hounding you down.. a lot of times I pay cash and the coin shortage is happening so mostly I say just round up and donate.

Especially at Panda Express. Their charity brings music to schools to I like that one.

I know its an old thread but you sir are absolute trash. You're setting a bad example for your kids as well. They're working a very hard job that's quite demanding and live solely on tips. Many of the restaurants in 2015 were paying their servers $2-$3 an hour and their main income is based on tips. The audacity for you to go into detail on a sneaker forum and expect people to side with you, shows your character. This isn't about race, it's about principle. You said she was average at best, but it wasn't bad, then tip accordingly. If you can't do that, then take your food to go and serve yourself.

You have $ to buy shoes, but you don't have $ to properly tip someone, who provided you a service.

I hope you've learned and changed your ways since 2015.

Last edited:
I know its an old thread but you sir are absolute trash. You're setting a bad example for your kids as well. They're working a very hard job that's quite demanding and live solely on tips. Many of the restaurants in 2015 were paying their servers $2-$3 an hour and their main income is based on tips. The audacity for you to go into detail on a sneaker forum and expect people to side with you, shows your character. This isn't about race, it's about principle. You said she was average at best, but it wasn't bad, then tip accordingly. If you can't do that, then take your food to go and serve yourself.

You have $ to buy shoes, but you don't have $ to properly tip someone, who provided you a service.

Who's burner.

pretty sure OP l got hit with the ban hammer. maybe someone can relay the message :nerd:

This Hawaiian BBQ I frequent just raised their prices again. I always get take out, but I’m done with tipping them.

Idk why I'm laughing so hard at this :rofl:

Op was banned over a year ago. Thank goodness.

I went to a nicer restaurant that raised their prices by 15 percent and said right on the menu that the staff gets healthcare... I wish all places did that. The staff gets taken care of and if you want to tip an extra couple percent.

Like, if a sandwich shop now charges 11.50 instead of 10, and some server can get healthcare, I would happily pay that extra money.

Op is in the upside-down NT

Project (20220601050420).png

First off, I always tip well. even when poor service is given I usually throw 10-15%

That being said there are various reasons why someone serves as opposed to other menial jobs. Chipotle, Amazon and numerous others all offer healthcare if they are looking for that. I shouldn't have to pay higher prices to subsidize that, that should be the owners problem.

Back
Top Bottom