So I turned 21 today...

Originally Posted by Skip0011

cant you just go to the dmv and get a new license today?

alot of states, including mine, just take you picture there then send it in the mail like 4 days later.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

alot of states, including mine, just take you picture there then send it in the mail like 4 days later.
yup. Alot of states will take your pic, and give you a temporary paper ID that says you will be receiving in your new license in the mail.

BTW being 20 is worst
smh.gif

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I must be missing something...but you can't get a new license on the same day by going into the DMV?...
is that a Cali thing?
I was wonderin the same thing. Unless it's a Sunday, in PA u can go renew ur license anytime durin DMV business hours. U could even go to aAAA and renew for an increased price

cost cutting measure?
weird

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Skip0011 wrote:

cost cutting measure?
weird

not cost cutting, its been like that for 21 years (as my memory serves correct). we dont have paper licenses. they have to be mailed to you. youcan get the temp paper id for the time being, but thats no fun. no picture so you still got to carry a photo id with you to verify its you. son should haverenewed earlier, plus i think its cheaper if you renew early compared to last minute.

happy bday fam

Since when do you need a valid driver's license to drink? Expired or not, it still proves your age. Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

Originally Posted by DesertDunk 34

man in AZ my license does not expire till 2052 FTW
i can't tell if this is a joke or not...seriously?
he's serious. other states have OD expiration dates. out in cali they expire every 5 years.

Since when do you need a valid driver's license to drink? Expired or not, it still proves your age. Am I missing something?
i think the part that its invalid/expired. ive checked id at a bar for like 2-3 months, and ive never seen an invalid/expired lilcense of someonetrying to get it in. its probably a liability to the establishment if they let somebody with an expired license drink. i guess its up to the establishment

Originally Posted by doosta45

i think the part that its invalid/expired. ive checked id at a bar for like 2-3 months, and ive never seen an invalid/expired lilcense of someone trying to get it in. its probably a liability to the establishment if they let somebody with an expired license drink. i guess its up to the establishment
I guess. Doesn't really make any sense though, its not a license to drink, its a license to drive. If its expired, all that means is youcan't drive with it. It still has your picture, name, and your date of birth on it.

In Michigan you take your old L's in and they staple a paper to your expired L's so it is good until you recieve the new one in the mail.

Originally Posted by J Burner

i think the part that its invalid/expired. ive checked id at a bar for like 2-3 months, and ive never seen an invalid/expired lilcense of someone trying to get it in. its probably a liability to the establishment if they let somebody with an expired license drink. i guess its up to the establishment
I guess. Doesn't really make any sense though, its not a license to drink, its a license to drive. If its expired, all that means is you can't drive with it. It still has your picture, name, and your date of birth on it.
b/c bars usually don't accept expired DL's as proof of age.

I turned 21 back in April. My license wuz VALID. But it was a vertical license to signify that I was under the age of 21 at the time of issuance. So I went tothe liq on my bday thinkin I wuz bout to buy myself a drink. Dude said they wont accept my license cuz it was vertical evn tho I was legally of age.
indifferent.gif
Luckily my sister wuz wit me so she juss bought it and my licenseexpired in like a month anyway. So I went and got that joint renewed the following week. From there on I wuz gud.

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

Originally Posted by DesertDunk 34

man in AZ my license does not expire till 2052 FTW
i can't tell if this is a joke or not...seriously?
he's serious. other states have OD expiration dates. out in cali they expire every 5 years.
Yeah I was in CA for my bday and the cashier at the store was thinking my ID was fake, called over the manager and all
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom