So I Went to See 'Good Hair' Last Night

First off, let me say that Chris Rock is a comedic genius. The entire tone of the documentary, while light hearted in nature, was actually quite serious.I'd recommend it to anyone. I was not familiar with female hair, as all of the girls I've ever been or owe to always had their own hair
laugh.gif
. Startingtoday, I should be able to spot a weave from a mile away.

The funniest part of the night came not from the movie, but from my friend's boyfriend. My date and I were already seated in the theater, and so had ourseats saved for my friend and her boyfriend (who is Hispanic). He came in the theater and sat down, but I guess he didn't see us because he was sitting onerow ahead of him. My date kicked his chair to get his attention and he turned around and said out loud "oh my bad...I didn't see you. All you guyslook the same anyway." the faces on the people in the five rows ahead of us were priceless.
roll.gif

i aint seen it, but i heard of the movie... he was talkin about it on a radio station...

i never seen any ads for it on tv though.... this might be one of those movies that grows as people inform others about it...

I dont think the white, asian, or any race that is known for having naturally long hair people on NT can relate to this movie since i dont really think theyknow about weave like that,

no offense to anyone who might be offended im just sayin

I read the article in GQ and it seems like a really good movie. def gonna have to check this out with some people rocking that Hawaiian silky.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

i'm getting tired of movies like this

word to tyler perry

Go watch one of the trailers. It doesn't have that shuckin and jivin that Tyler Perry's corny A stuff has.

Convince yall women to go natural man.

I can't see how black women torture themselves like that..........

Some say they pay thousands on weaves. Lay-a-way types.

Saw it last weekend
pimp.gif

Its more of a documentary than a movie

Spoiler [+]
Bronner Bros. hair show was crazy

eek.gif
@ how the people in India were being used by their religion

DCAllAmerican wrote:
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Convince yall women to go natural man.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I can't see how black women torture themselves like that..........[/color]

Seriously man, sitting in a chair with acid burning at your scalp just so it can be comparable to Euro standards. Cut it out ladies.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Seriously man, sitting in a chair with acid burning at your scalp just so it can be comparable to Euro standards. Cut it out ladies.
Wifey is probably gonna make me watch this tonight...

BTW, aren't the women doing this for the acceptance of black men. I know for almost a fact that most brothers prefer the Euro over the natural (just scansome of theses threads).
So, maybe we should look in the mirror as well, just saying...

^ I can understand where you are coming from. More men are accepting/prefer natural hair these days though. So for them to say, "I do it for men" isbull especially when those will be the same ones that won't even let that SAME MAN touch her hair lOL

^ I feel you on that point, I just let them do them *Seinfield hands off gif*. I've seen "cosmetology school graduates" with blue, red, and greenhair. So at this point what women do to their hair is far beyond me.
smh.gif

Well what any women that I deal with on THAT level isn't beyond me. Don't want my woman bald by the age of 50

Sad thing is fam around my way they start mad early.
Its almost a ritual to get a perm...like some type of entry into womanhood...
5 year old girls walking around with they roots looking stuck
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

You would be amazed at the amount of lye and dye women put into their hair today.
Whatever happened to the hot comb?? And its no longer just the women either, wave/curl kits
got dudes going crazy.

I guess something positive actually can be taken from the dread phenomenon.

Back
Top Bottom