So, I'll be in NYC by myself Friday night..

Long story short, I'm flying into NYC (LGA) Friday afternoon around 7pm. Gonna be spending Labor Day weekend with some cousins from Jersey who are coming out.. but unfortunately one of them can't get off work Friday night so I'll be in the city by myself Friday night until they arrive the following morning. I refuse to just sit in my hotel room Friday night watching TV in such a great place.

Anyways, since there is a lot of NTers from NYC on this board (understatement of the year), I thought I'd see what's good in the city on a Friday night. What sort of things would you guys recommend doing? I'm staying in Midtown Manhattan. I looked into going to the Yankees game but by the time I check into my hotel and get up to the Bronx the game will be in like the 5th inning. I'll be at the US Open the following Saturday and Electric Zoo Sunday. Sight seeing isn't really my thing, I'll do that in like 15 years when I have kids or something. I'm more into having great experiences then I am into looking at buildings and stuff.

Last time I was out here during Labor Day weekend my cousins made us hit up Pacha which was straight but I can only do that if I'm at a table, can't be up in the club getting on yambs not given dambs solo (although some NTers have the fortitude for that). Any recommendations? Shows, Museums, Chill Bars, I'm open to most suggestions.. Sure, I can go google some crap to do. But that's not real. It's stuff recommended to do by some weirdos and pansies. I wanna know what NTer's are doing in the city. So I'm gonna use NT as the great resource that it is :smokin

Have a strange feeling this thead is gonna get hi-jacked within 5 replies but it's worth a shot :nthat:

Take the 7 train to Queens Friday night and scalp a US Open tennis ticket. Dipset back into Manhattan after and get white boy wasted.. be focused on making a story outta your night, so you'll put some effort into going hammm

I'm going to the U.S. Open Saturday at 11 a.m. so I'm gonna hold off on going Friday night. I definitely want to make a story out of this night though that's why I'm asking for NT's help. I will provide pics no matter what happens (good or bad).

We don't care about your flicks, off top. -- so don't even waste your time. Just get a pint of liq or a 6 pack of brews on way from airport to hotel. Crush that while showering. Head to good restaurant for dinner around 10 or whatever, sit at the bar and have some drinks. Head to like Murray Hill nabe for bars after dinner. Should be like midnight by then. Be a man and pull some *****. It's not that serious bro.

Look noob, you are clearly missing the point here. You're telling me something I could do in any city that's worth a damn in this entire country. I'm in NYC once a year and want to do something different, hence me asking people that have been in the city their whole lives and know some things unique to the city, on what to do. Take a step back now and come back when you have something to contribute :smh:

go to a bar and pick up a lady of the night for a half hour

or go to chinatown and get something to eat and walk back to your hotel

Last edited:
Damn, he called OP a nerd. He has a point though. By the time you're already settled in, there's not much you can do as the stores are closed and things you want to see like the museums are closed too. Not much to do that late except enjoy the nightlife, catch an off/Broadway show or eat at a good restaurant (if you don't mind going solo).

53rd and 6th is overrated. Never ate from a cart, never will.

What's with these new members coming out with guns blazing and serious vendettas? :lol: These must be troll accounts from regulars bored at work.

But anyways, if your in a new city solo.....just be out. Put yourself out there in social settings with interest you like and you might meet some cool *** people to kick it with and get some cool experiences out of it.

You fly in at 7 p.m. Check in at hotel at prob like 9 p.m. What do you expect to accomplish between 9 and 3 a.m. outside of getting wrecked at a bar and maybe pulling a piece? You gonna save some babies in 6 hours, take a class on foreign policy at Columbia? You sound like a nerd and I doubt you could even pull a random broad anyways peace
had  a much better gif but i got huddled and it didnt upload :frown:

Look NOOB, you are clearly missing the point here. You're telling me something I could do in any city that's worth a damn in this entire country. I'm in NYC once a year and want to do something different, hence me asking people that have been in the city their whole lives and know some things unique to the city, on what to do. Take a step back now and come back when you have something to contribute :smh:

*looks at join date*
*exits thread*
*looks at my own join date*
*re-enters thread*

Advice: join the famous Harlem Shake contest

You fly in at 7 p.m. Check in at hotel at prob like 9 p.m. What do you expect to accomplish between 9 and 3 a.m. outside of getting wrecked at a bar and maybe pulling a piece? You gonna save some babies in 6 hours, take a class on foreign policy at Columbia? You sound like a nerd and I doubt you could even pull a random broad anyways peace

You're either an idiot or a troll. That simple.

*looks at join date*
*exits thread*
*looks at my own join date*
*re-enters thread*
Advice: join the famous Harlem Shake contest

I was around during the Harlem Shake contest thread, it was legendary. Still devastated to this day that the OP came out and said it was false. Don't let me join date fool you, I've been around since 03.

noobs callin noobs noobs?

is this real life?

If I had one night in nyc....hmmm.....I'd def go cop some honey red tea in flushing at share tea to start my night.....something about that drink makes me relaxed....then i'd go a block down and get a couple skewers of chicken yakitori from those disgusting street vendors out there....make it spicy.

i'd look at some asian ******* for a while while out there then i'd take the 7 to 42nd street and walk to time square....to gain some perspective.....then i'd go to a respectable bar and grab a pint of guiness while lamenting over my life for a bit....maybe see a group of girls and give the eye to one and maybe that would turn out good.....actually if I was hungry I would hit up pho 32 in flushing before I dipped out. then i'd go back to my damn room and watch some discovery channel or comedy central....w/ or w/o someone.

What room?
^^^ 

srs???
roll.gif

dude is gonna strait send you a companion for the night! lol

thats what NT is all bout right? watchin eachothers back! 

gonna be in town a week from today..

finna catch my Cowboys smash on them lame Giants...

takin notes of stuff too do! good looks!

You're staying near Grand Central. You can shop on 5th Ave, go to Central Park, hit up 53rd & 6th later on. Depending on what time and the weather (I think it's supposed to be nice through the weekend), check out the Highline & the Frying Pan. Lots of good restaurants and bars in the West Village, it depends on what you're into and how white you are.

I'd meet up with you but I don't want to.

I was taking a piss in a grimey rest room in Penn Station at 4 am before heading back to Jersey. I walk into the bathroom and there is no one in sight. I line up at a urinal and a strange man/creature comes out of one of the stalls and stands right next to me. He looks all the way over into my urinal and says "I'll pay you $5 if you let me give you a blowjob." I looked like Usain Bolt sprinting out of there and was one of the few times I didn't even wash my hands.

None of my friends who were waiting for the train believed me.

Be easy.....NYC is always a good time, just not at 4 am in a Penn Station restroom.

Back
Top Bottom