So I'm getting sued for $65k

Long story short got in a car wreck two years ago. Wife lied said she paid car ins and did not. So today I get a phone call from the person I hit insurance company and they are taking me to court for $65k. 
I have two kids and my wife who is mentally ill does not work and I'm only making $10hr and working 30 hours a week. What to do now? I already stay in the hood in a 2 bedroom with four people and live off food stamps and have nothing. What can they do to me?

Long story short got in a car wreck two years ago. Wife lied said she paid car ins and did not. So today I get a phone call from the person I hit insurance company and they are taking me to court for $65k. 
I have two kids and my wife who is mentally ill does not work and I'm only making $10hr and working 30 hours a week. What to do now? I already stay in the hood in a 2 bedroom with four people and live off food stamps and have nothing. What can they do to me?

why are you believing your wife regarding bills if she's mentally ill?

Take what little bit you do have. Why did your wife lie though and what did she spend the insurance money on?

Take what little bit you do have. Why did your wife lie though and what did she spend the insurance money on?

If you're wife is mentally I'll maybe you can get a judge to pronounce her insane and therefore not resonsible for her actions, lying about insurance (it's a stretch) but seems like you're screwed. The insurance company has better lawyers than you could ever afford

If you're wife is mentally I'll maybe you can get a judge to pronounce her insane and therefore not resonsible for her actions, lying about insurance (it's a stretch) but seems like you're screwed. The insurance company has better lawyers than you could ever afford

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

roll.gif
..sorry just thought that was hilarious 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Sputnik

That's not how insanity works. 

That's not how insanity works. 

It was after all this happened when we found out about how sick my wife was. I have spent the past year dealing with her illness. When she had told me she paid the insurance I had no reason to not believe her.
No joke NT I feel like my life is over.

It was after all this happened when we found out about how sick my wife was. I have spent the past year dealing with her illness. When she had told me she paid the insurance I had no reason to not believe her.
No joke NT I feel like my life is over.

Dang my chick is crazy too but I think the courts won't recognize it....

but you about to get sonned during court

RIP

PIR

Dang my chick is crazy too but I think the courts won't recognize it....

but you about to get sonned during court

RIP

PIR

The insurance company has better lawyers than you could ever afford

That's not quite true. Big insurance companies will use local lawyers depending on the venue of the accident. You're overestimating their skill set.

Were you served with a Summons and Complaint detailing the particulars of the lawsuit? If not, they're calling you because they want to settle. This is a tactic. Unless you receive court papers in person, tacked to your door, or by certified mail, they're bluffing.

YOUR ONLY HOPE IS TO GET A LAWYER. This is not something you can handle on your own. And the worst thing to do would be ignoring it. If they find a judgment against you, a lien will be put on any property (if you own any). A judgment will be forwarded to the Marshalls office who'll seize your car. If they have any information on your finances, they'll send a court order to your bank telling them to freeze your account.

I can't stress this enough. GET A LAWYER. Even if it's a lawyer working out of the back of a bodega. It's better than nothing.

The insurance ship has set sail. Anybody talking about "Get the court to certify your wife's illness" are ridiculous. You think an insurance company is just going to come in and represent him?

The insurance company has better lawyers than you could ever afford

That's not quite true. Big insurance companies will use local lawyers depending on the venue of the accident. You're overestimating their skill set.

Were you served with a Summons and Complaint detailing the particulars of the lawsuit? If not, they're calling you because they want to settle. This is a tactic. Unless you receive court papers in person, tacked to your door, or by certified mail, they're bluffing.

YOUR ONLY HOPE IS TO GET A LAWYER. This is not something you can handle on your own. And the worst thing to do would be ignoring it. If they find a judgment against you, a lien will be put on any property (if you own any). A judgment will be forwarded to the Marshalls office who'll seize your car. If they have any information on your finances, they'll send a court order to your bank telling them to freeze your account.

I can't stress this enough. GET A LAWYER. Even if it's a lawyer working out of the back of a bodega. It's better than nothing.

The insurance ship has set sail. Anybody talking about "Get the court to certify your wife's illness" are ridiculous. You think an insurance company is just going to come in and represent him?

Damn OP........if youre not on depression meds youre a strong person.

Back
Top Bottom