So I'm getting sued for $65k

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by All Ready

hopefully your job doesn't fire you over this

if you can prove your wifes condition they may be a little lenient on you

you're def losing the case tho, prolly not for 65k tho

That's not how civil law and specifically automobile accident litigation works. Who exactly do you mean when you say "they"? The plaintiff's attorney? The jury?

If he was facing criminal charges stemming from lack of insurance, that might be different.

Originally Posted by All Ready

hopefully your job doesn't fire you over this

you're def losing the case tho, prolly not for 65k tho

That's not how civil law and specifically automobile accident litigation works. Who exactly do you mean when you say "they"? The plaintiff's attorney? The jury?

If he was facing criminal charges stemming from lack of insurance, that might be different.

word...they probably wont hit you with the $65k but they may get a decent amount out of you. there are many lawyers that charge $0 unless you win your case, so try searching for those.

word...they probably wont hit you with the $65k but they may get a decent amount out of you. there are many lawyers that charge $0 unless you win your case, so try searching for those.

All Ready wrote:

During the past 14 months my wife has been put in the hospital involuntary and put on suicide watch more then once. She has tried taking her own life many times and even ran away from our family for three months and wound up in jail for two months. Trust when I say she has real mental issues. She has since got better but over the past three years she has been very sick.

All Ready wrote:

During the past 14 months my wife has been put in the hospital involuntary and put on suicide watch more then once. She has tried taking her own life many times and even ran away from our family for three months and wound up in jail for two months. Trust when I say she has real mental issues. She has since got better but over the past three years she has been very sick.

Are ppl not reading?? How the hell you expect him to afford a lawyer.....2 kids, in the hood , livin off food stamps, wife is sick/dont work he make 10 n hr 30 hrs a week. The hell is wrong with you dudes......OP i feel bad for you.

Why don't you file it under your policy now? There's no time frame on reporting an accident.  

Edit - I misread, I thought you said your wife lied about reporting it. Damn...sorry man.
tired.gif
 Best of luck.

Are ppl not reading?? How the hell you expect him to afford a lawyer.....2 kids, in the hood , livin off food stamps, wife is sick/dont work he make 10 n hr 30 hrs a week. The hell is wrong with you dudes......OP i feel bad for you.

Why don't you file it under your policy now? There's no time frame on reporting an accident.  

Edit - I misread, I thought you said your wife lied about reporting it. Damn...sorry man.
tired.gif
 Best of luck.

Originally Posted by kherrylobrien

there are many lawyers that charge $0 unless you win your case
 Those are plaintiffs attorneys. They make those claims because they'll see a windfall if they can win a plaintiff's verdict.

Originally Posted by kherrylobrien

there are many lawyers that charge $0 unless you win your case
 Those are plaintiffs attorneys. They make those claims because they'll see a windfall if they can win a plaintiff's verdict.

This case is black and white.... You were driving w/o insurance and racked up $65k worth of repair bills on the other partys vehicle... If $65k worth of repair work is documented on paper (which it probably is)...They're getting $65K, and nothing less...

Thats why I would NEVER ride with out insurance...if I ever needed too ......HIT AND RUN
laugh.gif

This case is black and white.... You were driving w/o insurance and racked up $65k worth of repair bills on the other partys vehicle... If $65k worth of repair work is documented on paper (which it probably is)...They're getting $65K, and nothing less...

Thats why I would NEVER ride with out insurance...if I ever needed too ......HIT AND RUN
laugh.gif

What exact illness does your wife have if you don't mind me asking?

And if you need to find a Lawyer fast,go on lawyers.com (yes that's the actual site) and type in where you live and it'll give you a list of Law firms near you. Most lawyers don't bill you until your case is over so I wouldn't really be too concerned about paying right away.

30t6p3b.gif
@ the people suing you if they know about your situation. 2 years later though?

What exact illness does your wife have if you don't mind me asking?

And if you need to find a Lawyer fast,go on lawyers.com (yes that's the actual site) and type in where you live and it'll give you a list of Law firms near you. Most lawyers don't bill you until your case is over so I wouldn't really be too concerned about paying right away.

30t6p3b.gif
@ the people suing you if they know about your situation. 2 years later though?

Back
Top Bottom