So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

One final thing to add. I couldn't help but think, man Christopher Nolan really thinks he's the coolest MF'er on the planet. I had the same response when people tell me that Memento is their favorite movie.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

im highly intelligent ... you dont have to believe me but i am ... and i am with the kid everyone is grilling about this movie being VASTLY overrated and boring (but i venture to guess for different reasons) ... i almost fell asleep in the middle when they were convoluting the story with all these bogus rules and magic "fixes" to previous rules ...

what it comes down to is, this was as straight forward a plot as you can get ... i was thinking to myself how cool Nolan could end the movie, but in the end, he went with the form "keep the unintelligent movie goer in limbo" ... the ONLY thing that you cant understand in this movie is whether or not the end was a dream or reality and it is directly because of the top ... very simple and straightforward ... everything else is just as easily explained but can actually be proven to be true or false ...

i was extremely disappointed after the hype it was getting ... that being said, the cinematography was cool ...
So what the hell makes you different from anyone else that questions the ending...moron.
What I got was that he lived on in the real world which was on pause( to him in a sense) from the imagination of his wife and his failure with their relationship because she couldn't maintain her balance between material world, and the construct of the mind. I think the spinning top was his totem pole memory marker because it represented the birth (inception) of the idea that you can become trapped in the imagination and it was like a key out which was what he did while she fell victim to the thought he birthed in her. As the architect of thought the constant spinning was like a illusion to each dreamer that he could control or create the perception that each new dream world created was the real world and every other one was fake.  It was the choice between him allowing her to occupy that mental space and give that dream hope that it could continue like she believed, or him realizing it was leftover fragments in his mind from what they had occupied their minds with for time unimaginable with the whole time difference in the dream state.  

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

im highly intelligent ... you dont have to believe me but i am ... and i am with the kid everyone is grilling about this movie being VASTLY overrated and boring (but i venture to guess for different reasons) ... i almost fell asleep in the middle when they were convoluting the story with all these bogus rules and magic "fixes" to previous rules ...

what it comes down to is, this was as straight forward a plot as you can get ... i was thinking to myself how cool Nolan could end the movie, but in the end, he went with the form "keep the unintelligent movie goer in limbo" ... the ONLY thing that you cant understand in this movie is whether or not the end was a dream or reality and it is directly because of the top ... very simple and straightforward ... everything else is just as easily explained but can actually be proven to be true or false ...

i was extremely disappointed after the hype it was getting ... that being said, the cinematography was cool ...
So what the hell makes you different from anyone else that questions the ending...moron.
What I got was that he lived on in the real world which was on pause( to him in a sense) from the imagination of his wife and his failure with their relationship because she couldn't maintain her balance between material world, and the construct of the mind. I think the spinning top was his totem pole memory marker because it represented the birth (inception) of the idea that you can become trapped in the imagination and it was like a key out which was what he did while she fell victim to the thought he birthed in her. As the architect of thought the constant spinning was like a illusion to each dreamer that he could control or create the perception that each new dream world created was the real world and every other one was fake.  It was the choice between him allowing her to occupy that mental space and give that dream hope that it could continue like she believed, or him realizing it was leftover fragments in his mind from what they had occupied their minds with for time unimaginable with the whole time difference in the dream state.  

GREAT movie... I was into it from start to finish.

2nd movie in a row with Leo in it that left everyone hanging
laugh.gif

mad.gif

GREAT movie... I was into it from start to finish.

2nd movie in a row with Leo in it that left everyone hanging
laugh.gif

mad.gif

As legendary of an actor Dicaprio is, I'm really starting to get sick of him...

I will agree with the previous posters commenting on this movie's ability to leave me distracted around every corner.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that there are some people out there that truly understood everything about this movie and can enjoy it's full offering, however I strongly believe most people will enjoy the movie because of either two reasons...

1) it deeply explores the imaginative side of a very mysterious aspect of every persons life

2) the cutting-edge special effects

As legendary of an actor Dicaprio is, I'm really starting to get sick of him...

I will agree with the previous posters commenting on this movie's ability to leave me distracted around every corner.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that there are some people out there that truly understood everything about this movie and can enjoy it's full offering, however I strongly believe most people will enjoy the movie because of either two reasons...

1) it deeply explores the imaginative side of a very mysterious aspect of every persons life

2) the cutting-edge special effects

Who ever didn't like this movie is being a typical nter just trying to get kicks out of stirring up an argument shut up.. It was a great movie .. And no I'm not an average movie goer.. And I am convinced that Leo Dicarprio should get an award for being able to pick the best scripts EVER...

Who ever didn't like this movie is being a typical nter just trying to get kicks out of stirring up an argument shut up.. It was a great movie .. And no I'm not an average movie goer.. And I am convinced that Leo Dicarprio should get an award for being able to pick the best scripts EVER...

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Saw it last night and was more frustrated than anything. Saw it again tonight and it just seemed forced. I kept waiting for it to become this incredibly enlightening film, and it just wasn't that. As one reviewer said, it buckled under the weight of its own complexity. 
I also consider myself an intelligent person, and I agree with whoever called the movie pretentious. It LOOKED like an incredibly entertaining and profound movie, but in the end it was only pretending to be that. I could see how people would love it, with the levels and all, but I don't think all of its complexity amounted to much in the end. It was as if the movie was complex for the sake of complexity, and not for the sake of enlightenment. 

And I have no interest in stirring the pot, I haven't even read the previous pages of this post to know what people are saying. 

But I agree with this: 

CONFUSION IS NOT ENLIGHTENMENT!

Saw it last night and was more frustrated than anything. Saw it again tonight and it just seemed forced. I kept waiting for it to become this incredibly enlightening film, and it just wasn't that. As one reviewer said, it buckled under the weight of its own complexity. 
I also consider myself an intelligent person, and I agree with whoever called the movie pretentious. It LOOKED like an incredibly entertaining and profound movie, but in the end it was only pretending to be that. I could see how people would love it, with the levels and all, but I don't think all of its complexity amounted to much in the end. It was as if the movie was complex for the sake of complexity, and not for the sake of enlightenment. 

And I have no interest in stirring the pot, I haven't even read the previous pages of this post to know what people are saying. 

But I agree with this: 

CONFUSION IS NOT ENLIGHTENMENT!

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Saw it last night and was more frustrated than anything. Saw it again tonight and it just seemed pointless. The last hour or so was just stupid, to be frank.
I also consider myself an intelligent person, and I agree with whoever called the movie pretentious. It LOOKED like an incredibly entertaining and profound movie, but in the end it was only pretending to be that.

THIS!

Only way this is comparable to the Matrix is in the action sequences and effects. I think the Matrix had a deeper plot than Inception, but I still liked Inception. The entire cast did an above average job  with their respective roles (could barely understand Saito tho) and the effects were top notch. But to my surprise, I didn't feel "caught up" in the movie. I can usually fall into a movie's plot quite easily but this one I felt was a bit more shallow than the previews let on. It's a good movie, but it's just not as deep as I thought they could have made it.

8/10

Saw it last night and was more frustrated than anything. Saw it again tonight and it just seemed pointless. The last hour or so was just stupid, to be frank.
I also consider myself an intelligent person, and I agree with whoever called the movie pretentious. It LOOKED like an incredibly entertaining and profound movie, but in the end it was only pretending to be that.

THIS!

Only way this is comparable to the Matrix is in the action sequences and effects. I think the Matrix had a deeper plot than Inception, but I still liked Inception. The entire cast did an above average job  with their respective roles (could barely understand Saito tho) and the effects were top notch. But to my surprise, I didn't feel "caught up" in the movie. I can usually fall into a movie's plot quite easily but this one I felt was a bit more shallow than the previews let on. It's a good movie, but it's just not as deep as I thought they could have made it.

8/10

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

THIS!

8/10
So the whole travelling into others view of consciousness, and architects designing a matrix ( mind thought constructs) and people choosing the fantasy over reality went over your head? It's almost a spin off of the Matrix in my opinion. The effects/action  and all are like the least most important aspect of these kinds of films.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

THIS!

8/10
So the whole travelling into others view of consciousness, and architects designing a matrix ( mind thought constructs) and people choosing the fantasy over reality went over your head? It's almost a spin off of the Matrix in my opinion. The effects/action  and all are like the least most important aspect of these kinds of films.

I'm not going to lie, I almost fell asleep at the beginning. It's definitely a slow start but by the end of the movie, I loved it!

I'm not going to lie, I almost fell asleep at the beginning. It's definitely a slow start but by the end of the movie, I loved it!

Why does Nolan think it's cool to throw in B-list actors into 200million budget films sometimes.  When I saw Tom Berenger on the screen I literally lol'd.  Same thing as when I watched Dark Knight and Eric Roberts' face popped on the screen.  Seriously?? His next movie, Paulie Shore will have a lead role lol
roll.gif

Why does Nolan think it's cool to throw in B-list actors into 200million budget films sometimes.  When I saw Tom Berenger on the screen I literally lol'd.  Same thing as when I watched Dark Knight and Eric Roberts' face popped on the screen.  Seriously?? His next movie, Paulie Shore will have a lead role lol
roll.gif

Cause he's already throwing out millions to Leo. Add in that most of the B-listers in this movie people have seen in other movies, and you can save a bunch of money, instead of throwing out dozens of millions to just a few A listers and not have any money for anyone else but no-names. And it's not like Berenger had a big part anyways, he was in the movie for what.. a total of 15 minutes?

I'll gladly take a movie with Leo, a handful of proven B-list stars (some of which will draw people to the movie if Leo doesnt), and a few no names to fill in the smaller roles, than having Leo, Tom Cruise, Denzel and then a bunch of no names playing fairly significant roles.

Cause he's already throwing out millions to Leo. Add in that most of the B-listers in this movie people have seen in other movies, and you can save a bunch of money, instead of throwing out dozens of millions to just a few A listers and not have any money for anyone else but no-names. And it's not like Berenger had a big part anyways, he was in the movie for what.. a total of 15 minutes?

I'll gladly take a movie with Leo, a handful of proven B-list stars (some of which will draw people to the movie if Leo doesnt), and a few no names to fill in the smaller roles, than having Leo, Tom Cruise, Denzel and then a bunch of no names playing fairly significant roles.

Back
Top Bottom