So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

i'm with the people who hoped it would be a little more profound. it seemed cluttered at points. Many action scenes were unnecessary.

i wish we learned more about the concept of extraction and I wanted much more character development. Is extraction a talent or skill that you are born with? is it something i can research and then learn how to get better at? I know nothing about juno's character besides the fact that she's good at building mazes. why was her totem a chess piece? How did she become so good at making mazes? I Know nothing about leo's partner or his father.

it's a very good movie but i think people need to calm down with the all time classic talk. it's on the same level as the matrix to me. I wish it was more like blade runner which was able to balance action and character development better.

it felt like the fifth element/the matrix/minority report but i was hoping for blade runner/2001/donnie darko level of "deepness". i guess i thought it would be much more surreal. more "trippy"

At the end of the day this was a very good summer blockbuster

Spectacular...best movie I've seen since TDK.

Definitely going again this time
smokin.gif
, hope I don't freak out
laugh.gif

Spectacular...best movie I've seen since TDK.

Definitely going again this time
smokin.gif
, hope I don't freak out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LifeisMoreThanKicks

Why would a rich powerful man like travel on a ten hour flight without even one bodyguard? Also not notice one of his major competitors sitting next to him?

*******************************************************SPOILER******************************************************

To respond to your spoiler, since they were so deep going in and out of dreams, the time in reality could've moved enough to where they didn't age. But the same clothes? Enh, I still have to think he was in a dream.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LifeisMoreThanKicks

Why would a rich powerful man like travel on a ten hour flight without even one bodyguard? Also not notice one of his major competitors sitting next to him?

*******************************************************SPOILER******************************************************

To respond to your spoiler, since they were so deep going in and out of dreams, the time in reality could've moved enough to where they didn't age. But the same clothes? Enh, I still have to think he was in a dream.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Okay the only question I have is that when he was on the phone at first with his kids. Wasn't there an older kid who said that "grandma says you're never coming home" Who was that?
##*.  i just thought about that and you're right.  who the hell was that?

Okay the only question I have is that when he was on the phone at first with his kids. Wasn't there an older kid who said that "grandma says you're never coming home" Who was that?

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm with the people who hoped it would be a little more profound. it seemed cluttered at points. Many action scenes were unnecessary.

i wish we learned more about the concept of extraction and I wanted much more character development. Is extraction a talent or skill that you are born with? is it something i can research and then learn how to get better at? I know nothing about juno's character besides the fact that she's good at building mazes. why was her totem a chess piece? How did she become so good at making mazes? I Know nothing about leo's partner or his father.

it's a very good movie but i think people need to calm down with the all time classic talk. it's on the same level as the matrix to me.
well let me give this a shot and you guys tell me what you think. Basically Ellen Page's character Ariadne was a student of Cobb's father. When Cobb asked his dad that he needed one of his students that is just as good as he (Cobb) is. His dad said he had one better.

Now I think the name Ariadne deals with Ariadne's thread named from greek mythology. "Ariadne's thread is the term used to describe the solving of a problem with multiple apparent means of proceeding - such as a physical maze, a logic puzzle, or an ethical dilemma" (looked it up on wikipedia just to be sure" So that's why she was so good at creating the worlds as elaborate mazes. My guess to the reason why she chose a chess piece is because chess in itself is like a puzzle

I would of really liked to know more about Arther, it seemed like he was somewhat of the leader in the beginning to me.

it's a very good movie but i think people need to calm down with the all time classic talk. it's on the same level as the matrix to me.
well let me give this a shot and you guys tell me what you think. Basically Ellen Page's character Ariadne was a student of Cobb's father. When Cobb asked his dad that he needed one of his students that is just as good as he (Cobb) is. His dad said he had one better.

Now I think the name Ariadne deals with Ariadne's thread named from greek mythology. "Ariadne's thread is the term used to describe the solving of a problem with multiple apparent means of proceeding - such as a physical maze, a logic puzzle, or an ethical dilemma" (looked it up on wikipedia just to be sure" So that's why she was so good at creating the worlds as elaborate mazes. My guess to the reason why she chose a chess piece is because chess in itself is like a puzzle

I would of really liked to know more about Arther, it seemed like he was somewhat of the leader in the beginning to me.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

SOUNDED LIKE THE SON TO ME

FIRST WAS HIS DAUGHTER ON THE LINE THEN HE LIL'BOY CAME TO THE LINE

HAD TO BE HIS SON ...DOESNT REALLY MATTER WHO HE IS THO ...DONT OVERTHINK  SIMPLE THINGS

HAD TO BE HIS SON ...DOESNT REALLY MATTER WHO HE IS THO ...DONT OVERTHINK  SIMPLE THINGS

It seems like everybody saying that this movie was mediocre or worse has some big misunderstandings about details, series of events, or the entire film.

It seems like everybody saying that this movie was mediocre or worse has some big misunderstandings about details, series of events, or the entire film.

yeah i remember them saying she was his student. But isn't extraction illegal? I'm almost positive that's what the asian business man says after catching leo and his partner in the beginning.

so i was confused on how his father would openly teach an illegal practice... then it thought maybe it's on some x-men style and only certain people have this specific talent and they must be taught  in secret?

yeah i remember them saying she was his student. But isn't extraction illegal? I'm almost positive that's what the asian business man says after catching leo and his partner in the beginning.

so i was confused on how his father would openly teach an illegal practice... then it thought maybe it's on some x-men style and only certain people have this specific talent and they must be taught  in secret?

Best movie I've seen this year. And no, it wasn't confusing at all. From a first viewing, it was all logically coherent.

Best movie I've seen this year. And no, it wasn't confusing at all. From a first viewing, it was all logically coherent.

great read. my friend and i were talking about the movie itself being an inception on the audience but we couldn't agree on exactly how. 

Wow I was thinking this also when they said you're waiting for a train I thought it was like they were saying the audience was waiting for something but I have to watch it again to be sure

great read. my friend and i were talking about the movie itself being an inception on the audience but we couldn't agree on exactly how. 

Wow I was thinking this also when they said you're waiting for a train I thought it was like they were saying the audience was waiting for something but I have to watch it again to be sure

it's a very good movie but i think people need to calm down with the all time classic talk........................... it's on the same level as the matrix to me.

ERROR 404... The Matrix IS an all-time classic though

it's a very good movie but i think people need to calm down with the all time classic talk........................... it's on the same level as the matrix to me.

yeah it's illegal, Cobb said to his dad that he doesn't make them do anything they decided for themselves. I think Cobb's dad showed him how to do it because he said that he wanted him to learn how to read people, not steal from them. Or something along those lines.

I don't really think only a select few can do it either, because they basically just picked someone great at a specific skill they needed like the chemist and Ariadne. Then just hooked them up to the machine and give them a dry run on how it all works.

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

naw man I think it was 3 kids. because his youngest son sounded a lot younger than the other boy who spoke.
If I remember correctly his youngest son asked is "Mom with you" then Cobb said that they had already talked about it and how she's gone. Then he asked when he will come back home, Cobb said soon then some other kid came on the line and said Grandma says you're never coming home

yeah it's illegal, Cobb said to his dad that he doesn't make them do anything they decided for themselves. I think Cobb's dad showed him how to do it because he said that he wanted him to learn how to read people, not steal from them. Or something along those lines.

I don't really think only a select few can do it either, because they basically just picked someone great at a specific skill they needed like the chemist and Ariadne. Then just hooked them up to the machine and give them a dry run on how it all works.

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

naw man I think it was 3 kids. because his youngest son sounded a lot younger than the other boy who spoke.
If I remember correctly his youngest son asked is "Mom with you" then Cobb said that they had already talked about it and how she's gone. Then he asked when he will come back home, Cobb said soon then some other kid came on the line and said Grandma says you're never coming home

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

It's revolutionary but i dunno... when i list the greatest movies of all time the matrix doesn't pop into my head. But i love the movie and can understand why ppl would call it a classic.

I'm not a fan of going into the theater and walking out like "that's a timeless, classic movie. one of the best ever made". i need time to let it sink in, rewatch it and go over certain scenes in depth, talk some theories over. i've flip flopped like 4 times on how good i think inception was and I JUST saw it. i don't like to throw the word classic around lightly.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

It's revolutionary but i dunno... when i list the greatest movies of all time the matrix doesn't pop into my head. But i love the movie and can understand why ppl would call it a classic.

I'm not a fan of going into the theater and walking out like "that's a timeless, classic movie. one of the best ever made". i need time to let it sink in, rewatch it and go over certain scenes in depth, talk some theories over. i've flip flopped like 4 times on how good i think inception was and I JUST saw it. i don't like to throw the word classic around lightly.

Back
Top Bottom