So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Question. When Adriande is in Cobbs dream for the very first time and she makes weird things happen to the world around her, why can't they do that in other people's dreams? Essentially she is manipulating the dreamers subconscious right? I thought that was not possible? Or were they in her dream? I can't remember.

^ They arent supposed to do that, to make sure the dreamer doesnt catch on and figure out they're dreaming. They need to make it as realistic as possible. There was a big speech about that while they were in Cobb's dream.

^ They arent supposed to do that, to make sure the dreamer doesnt catch on and figure out they're dreaming. They need to make it as realistic as possible. There was a big speech about that while they were in Cobb's dream.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Hmm, can someone explain to me how they planted the idea into Fisher's safe inside the Fortress so that when he confronted his dad, the dad would tell him what they wanted.

I need to watch it again.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Cobb explained that the architect has to makes the dream world ready for when the dreamer gets there and gets tricked into thinking it's real. If you build a safe in the dream world, naturally the dreamer will fill it with their secret. Fischer got convinced his father's secret was a second will, so he put it there subconsciously.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Hmm, can someone explain to me how they planted the idea into Fisher's safe inside the Fortress so that when he confronted his dad, the dad would tell him what they wanted.

I need to watch it again.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Cobb explained that the architect has to makes the dream world ready for when the dreamer gets there and gets tricked into thinking it's real. If you build a safe in the dream world, naturally the dreamer will fill it with their secret. Fischer got convinced his father's secret was a second will, so he put it there subconsciously.

Originally Posted by Noskey

I understand that and while I was typing up a response I answered my own question.  So nevermind lol

Originally Posted by Noskey

I understand that and while I was typing up a response I answered my own question.  So nevermind lol

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

they don't need to share fischer's dream.
it's Leo's world he created
I think Cobb and his wife were both architects. They went deep into a dream into a dream, etc. until they found a big enough one to build everything they did. And the architect imposes their ideas on everyone else in the dream, so Fischer fell into Leo's limbo.
But they had to plug into Fischer's dream to find where exactly he was, not lose their minds (like Saito did) and pull him back through at the same time he was getting shocked in the snow level.
but they didn't plug into Fischer (from what I remember).   Thing is... the world is both Cobb's and Mol's...but the the limbo is only the world as he remembers it.
If you recall...he had to negotiate with Mol in order to find Fischer...b/c she wouldn't let him go.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

they don't need to share fischer's dream.
it's Leo's world he created
I think Cobb and his wife were both architects. They went deep into a dream into a dream, etc. until they found a big enough one to build everything they did. And the architect imposes their ideas on everyone else in the dream, so Fischer fell into Leo's limbo.
But they had to plug into Fischer's dream to find where exactly he was, not lose their minds (like Saito did) and pull him back through at the same time he was getting shocked in the snow level.
but they didn't plug into Fischer (from what I remember).   Thing is... the world is both Cobb's and Mol's...but the the limbo is only the world as he remembers it.
If you recall...he had to negotiate with Mol in order to find Fischer...b/c she wouldn't let him go.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Here's a great article where Dileep Rao (plays Yusef) answers specific questions regarding the movie's plot *SPOILERS*

regarding going to limbo without dying: he says Cobb and Ellen Page just plug in and go even further into unconstructed dream space which is populated with the subconscious of only someone who's been there (Cobb). I think it's a plot-hole in the film if that's true, but since an actor in the movie is saying it i'll just accept it.
that's a great interview.
I too don't buy into the whole movie is a dream bit.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Here's a great article where Dileep Rao (plays Yusef) answers specific questions regarding the movie's plot *SPOILERS*

regarding going to limbo without dying: he says Cobb and Ellen Page just plug in and go even further into unconstructed dream space which is populated with the subconscious of only someone who's been there (Cobb). I think it's a plot-hole in the film if that's true, but since an actor in the movie is saying it i'll just accept it.
that's a great interview.

Dirty, there's enough evidence to prove that the movie was either a dream or reality.  I don't think the whole movie was a dream, but I do believe that the end of the movie is a dream. The scenes are the most evidence are a) The conversation and flashbacks between Cobb and Mal when Cobb and Page's character went to save Fischer, b) The scene before Cobb gets in the helicopter when he's in hotel room and he's talking to his kids who sounded much older than how they looked when Cobb sees them in the end of the movie. & c) the scene where they go in the basement or bunker where Yusuf has people sleeping under his medicine, during that scene, there's a few hints and clues that proves whether Cobb is dreaming or not in the end.

I prize myself as a man that knows film, and understands film better than the average, and even I left the theatre feeling like my mind imploded.  This is a film that needs to be seen twice to be fully digested.  With "Inception" C. Nolan is this generation's best film maker.

Dirty, there's enough evidence to prove that the movie was either a dream or reality.  I don't think the whole movie was a dream, but I do believe that the end of the movie is a dream. The scenes are the most evidence are a) The conversation and flashbacks between Cobb and Mal when Cobb and Page's character went to save Fischer, b) The scene before Cobb gets in the helicopter when he's in hotel room and he's talking to his kids who sounded much older than how they looked when Cobb sees them in the end of the movie. & c) the scene where they go in the basement or bunker where Yusuf has people sleeping under his medicine, during that scene, there's a few hints and clues that proves whether Cobb is dreaming or not in the end.

I prize myself as a man that knows film, and understands film better than the average, and even I left the theatre feeling like my mind imploded.  This is a film that needs to be seen twice to be fully digested.  With "Inception" C. Nolan is this generation's best film maker.

im i the only one that thinks their might be a sequl to this, where Ellen Page goes under to save Leo?....

im i the only one that thinks their might be a sequl to this, where Ellen Page goes under to save Leo?....

Back
Top Bottom