So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

Ideas have never felt more interesting and put to good use than in this film. 
laugh.gif

that's a bold statement man
eyes.gif
*kanye shrug*

Anyone saying the movie is simple to understand hasn't taken the time to think about the various theories that all can work. The movie is left open ended so everyone can make their own interpretation, there is no right answer.

Anyone saying the movie is simple to understand hasn't taken the time to think about the various theories that all can work. The movie is left open ended so everyone can make their own interpretation, there is no right answer.

^the movie IS simple to follow AND understand...

your interpretations of the movie can be as complex as you want them to be....

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

People confuse themselves so easily with this movie. It's NOT hard AT ALLLLL.

People confuse themselves so easily with this movie. It's NOT hard AT ALLLLL.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by DJ236

-Eames level was also good, reminiscent of COD.

That's the first thing I thought of
laugh.gif
i turned to my dude and said what is this ... COD
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
i think everyone who plays COD thought that
this movie was great though. I definitely want to see it again. My mind was processign so much while watching this film, I was understanding so much, but at the same time had so many questions that still need to be answered.

this is definitely one of my favorite movies now. probably my #1 movie right now because its been consuming my mind since last night
smh.gif

laugh.gif

and yeah, the movie is really easy to follow, but at the same time you can derive theories from so many different parts of the movie. and i think thats what people are doing, making it more complex than the original plot is. 

its sort of just like in the movie when they talked about "planting ideas", this movie is planting ideas in everyones minds. making the theory of "true inspiration cannot be recreated" false, just like Leo said in the movie. 

theories, theories, theories... 

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by DJ236

-Eames level was also good, reminiscent of COD.

That's the first thing I thought of
laugh.gif
i turned to my dude and said what is this ... COD
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
i think everyone who plays COD thought that
this movie was great though. I definitely want to see it again. My mind was processign so much while watching this film, I was understanding so much, but at the same time had so many questions that still need to be answered.

this is definitely one of my favorite movies now. probably my #1 movie right now because its been consuming my mind since last night
smh.gif

laugh.gif

and yeah, the movie is really easy to follow, but at the same time you can derive theories from so many different parts of the movie. and i think thats what people are doing, making it more complex than the original plot is. 

its sort of just like in the movie when they talked about "planting ideas", this movie is planting ideas in everyones minds. making the theory of "true inspiration cannot be recreated" false, just like Leo said in the movie. 

theories, theories, theories... 

THE FINAL SCENE HAS TO BE A DREAM!

when cobb woke up from the underground sleeping area of the chemist, he looked at the drapes and you can see mal on the other side. very creepy scene, and some people might miss mal's shadow, but she's there.

THE FINAL SCENE HAS TO BE A DREAM!

when cobb woke up from the underground sleeping area of the chemist, he looked at the drapes and you can see mal on the other side. very creepy scene, and some people might miss mal's shadow, but she's there.

it was all a dream

remember when he was washing his face and spun the top it never stopped moving because he was interrupted by the dude

it was all a dream

remember when he was washing his face and spun the top it never stopped moving because he was interrupted by the dude

I agree, and not just because you're Dirty.

I agree, and not just because you're Dirty.

Yeah, the plot is simple and you can go with the straightforward explanation (everything works out as planned and he's reunited with his children), but the genius of the movie is that it's too straightforward and maybe there's more to it.

That's why the ending was not a gimmick but instead pretty smart. If the top would have fallen, we'd say without a doubt it wasn't a dream and everything follows the straightforward explanation. But instead the ending leaves everything open so no one can say for sure what happened.

Another note: the movie is ultimately about inception, not dreams. That's why it's titled "Inception" and why so many of the discussions in the movie were about ideas and not dreams. So the point wasn't about whether he was dreaming or not. The point was that now we are left to wonder about the nature of ideas and realities.

Yeah, the plot is simple and you can go with the straightforward explanation (everything works out as planned and he's reunited with his children), but the genius of the movie is that it's too straightforward and maybe there's more to it.

That's why the ending was not a gimmick but instead pretty smart. If the top would have fallen, we'd say without a doubt it wasn't a dream and everything follows the straightforward explanation. But instead the ending leaves everything open so no one can say for sure what happened.

Another note: the movie is ultimately about inception, not dreams. That's why it's titled "Inception" and why so many of the discussions in the movie were about ideas and not dreams. So the point wasn't about whether he was dreaming or not. The point was that now we are left to wonder about the nature of ideas and realities.

Originally Posted by Ramarqable

Every where i've read it seems like people totally missed the point about the movie... its not about whats real and whats a dream...

The movie was an Inception to the Viewer... i posted this on imdb. thoughts??

The whole damn movie is an inception, to me it doesn't matter that the ending didn't show if the world we were viewing was real or a dream... THAT WAS NEVER THE POINT OF THE ENDING!

The movie successfully implanted an idea (ugh... inception) in every viewers head. This idea being: "the viewer believes they must see what that totem does in order to know what is real or fake".

This parallels a constant theme of the film "We are all prisoners to our own beliefs"

The movie itself was fantastic... The whole time the characters are talking about creating an idea in another person's head and whether or not they'll accept it.

This comes to life at the end of the movie when the viewers are questioning the fact that they didn't see the totem fall so it has to be a dream.

"it didn't fall, its a dream"... no... its inception!

An idea the writer and director put in your head!

O_O whoa

Originally Posted by Ramarqable

Every where i've read it seems like people totally missed the point about the movie... its not about whats real and whats a dream...

The movie was an Inception to the Viewer... i posted this on imdb. thoughts??

The whole damn movie is an inception, to me it doesn't matter that the ending didn't show if the world we were viewing was real or a dream... THAT WAS NEVER THE POINT OF THE ENDING!

The movie successfully implanted an idea (ugh... inception) in every viewers head. This idea being: "the viewer believes they must see what that totem does in order to know what is real or fake".

This parallels a constant theme of the film "We are all prisoners to our own beliefs"

The movie itself was fantastic... The whole time the characters are talking about creating an idea in another person's head and whether or not they'll accept it.

This comes to life at the end of the movie when the viewers are questioning the fact that they didn't see the totem fall so it has to be a dream.

"it didn't fall, its a dream"... no... its inception!

An idea the writer and director put in your head!

O_O whoa

Question:

When Cobb confronted Fisher and and the woman at the bar, what did he initially say his profession was? I know he ended up saying security, but I could have sworn he said something else first. What was it?

Question:

When Cobb confronted Fisher and and the woman at the bar, what did he initially say his profession was? I know he ended up saying security, but I could have sworn he said something else first. What was it?

what was cobb last and final "drop" to get back to reality.
he was the only one that didn't drop and stayed behind. making it all a dream for him. he is the one that is in constant limbo.
we are just getting a glimpse of what he creates in limbo.
how does the dream machine make it into other peoples dream if they never had any pass knowledge of what it look like or what it is.
Its all a dream. I use to read word up magazine.

Back
Top Bottom