So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

what was cobb last and final "drop" to get back to reality.
he was the only one that didn't drop and stayed behind. making it all a dream for him. he is the one that is in constant limbo.
we are just getting a glimpse of what he creates in limbo.
how does the dream machine make it into other peoples dream if they never had any pass knowledge of what it look like or what it is.
Its all a dream. I use to read word up magazine.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^the movie IS simple to follow AND understand...

your interpretations of the movie can be as complex as you want them to be....
this. it was a great movie, but before i went to see it people overstated how"confusing" it was. i found it fairly straightforward... the beginning scene gave away that Saito was going to end up in limbo, once you saw him dying in the dream you could tell how it would play out.

i don't like how they completely didn't explain the machine/IV tubesthat allow people to enter each other's dreams.. everything else in thefilm could be considered plausible except for the random dream makermachine.

another thing that kind of "tainted" the film for me was the fact thattheir whole mission was basically to help some rich guy make a businessdeal. all their efforts and heroics seemed cheap because it was all just for money. they should have based the need for inceptionon a more noble cause, like maybe placing an idea in Kim Jong's mind todisarm NK or something.
laugh.gif

this. it was a great movie, but before i went to see it people overstated how"confusing" it was. i found it fairly straightforward... the beginning scene gave away that Saito was going to end up in limbo, once you saw him dying in the dream you could tell how it would play out.

i don't like how they completely didn't explain the machine/IV tubesthat allow people to enter each other's dreams.. everything else in thefilm could be considered plausible except for the random dream makermachine.

another thing that kind of "tainted" the film for me was the fact thattheir whole mission was basically to help some rich guy make a businessdeal. all their efforts and heroics seemed cheap because it was all just for money. they should have based the need for inceptionon a more noble cause, like maybe placing an idea in Kim Jong's mind todisarm NK or something.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif

well when i was watched it, i basically forgot about that aspect because the only reason cobb took the job was to get back to his family.

on the other hand, saito is happy af that 1) his brain isnt mush and 2) he's probably gonna make BANK without fischer in the way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif

well when i was watched it, i basically forgot about that aspect because the only reason cobb took the job was to get back to his family.

on the other hand, saito is happy af that 1) his brain isnt mush and 2) he's probably gonna make BANK without fischer in the way
laugh.gif

THANK YOU!
Movie was great and it will go down as one of the best movies to discuss, being that everyone can come up with a theory.....but in all reality the movie was pretty straight forward....the biggest mind**** ive watched till this day has got to be the matrix....i still dont fully understand it....
roll.gif

THANK YOU!
Movie was great and it will go down as one of the best movies to discuss, being that everyone can come up with a theory.....but in all reality the movie was pretty straight forward....the biggest mind**** ive watched till this day has got to be the matrix....i still dont fully understand it....
roll.gif

balloonoboy wrote:
Finally peeped it.

It wasn't mind-blowing or anything. Anyone who's taken a philosophy course has been more mind-+%+%$@ than this.

The great thing is that everyone hasn't explored the realms of deep thought and Nolan played on this perfectly. He skimped a lot of things but hid it neatly behind convolution. So when people say "it's the best movie I've ever seen", they are moreso referring to the story line which they don't quite understand, or that took their mind for such a loop, than the actual movie as a whole. The acting could have been better; some of the scenes more developed; the movie as a whole felt a bit rushed (especially from the second to third stages of the dream). It will definitely get people talking, but it shouldn't be praised in lieu of it's glaring faults.

I do still have a theory about the movie though.

I think Cobb's father tested out this whole notion of inception on Cobb to the point that his dreams became his reality. He created this whole world, based solely on this simple thought. It could even be said that everyone excluding Cobb is a projector of Cobb's subconscious mind, designed to knock him out of limbo. So while the story is based around planting the seed of doubt into the mind of Fischer, it's in fact designed to get Cobb back to a place in his dreams that he can actually function on, with his make believe children.
this is exactly how i feel. just a couple days ago, i watched this film on dreams/reality/etc.. it's called Waking Life:

i was actually slightly underwhelmed by the plot of Inception (the plot, NOT the visuals and effects) because i had already explored those concepts in Waking Life. i was hoping we'd find out that the end that his wife/children weren't even real and his whole world would get flipped upside down.. maybe that'll be for Inception 2.

balloonoboy wrote:
Finally peeped it.

It wasn't mind-blowing or anything. Anyone who's taken a philosophy course has been more mind-+%+%$@ than this.

The great thing is that everyone hasn't explored the realms of deep thought and Nolan played on this perfectly. He skimped a lot of things but hid it neatly behind convolution. So when people say "it's the best movie I've ever seen", they are moreso referring to the story line which they don't quite understand, or that took their mind for such a loop, than the actual movie as a whole. The acting could have been better; some of the scenes more developed; the movie as a whole felt a bit rushed (especially from the second to third stages of the dream). It will definitely get people talking, but it shouldn't be praised in lieu of it's glaring faults.

I do still have a theory about the movie though.

I think Cobb's father tested out this whole notion of inception on Cobb to the point that his dreams became his reality. He created this whole world, based solely on this simple thought. It could even be said that everyone excluding Cobb is a projector of Cobb's subconscious mind, designed to knock him out of limbo. So while the story is based around planting the seed of doubt into the mind of Fischer, it's in fact designed to get Cobb back to a place in his dreams that he can actually function on, with his make believe children.
this is exactly how i feel. just a couple days ago, i watched this film on dreams/reality/etc.. it's called Waking Life:

i was actually slightly underwhelmed by the plot of Inception (the plot, NOT the visuals and effects) because i had already explored those concepts in Waking Life. i was hoping we'd find out that the end that his wife/children weren't even real and his whole world would get flipped upside down.. maybe that'll be for Inception 2.

Movie was cool but can somebody explain what happened when the dude died and they brought him back to life near the end. (The son that was supposed to take over the business) The girl explained it so fast like "we bring him back to life, then we jump in the dream" or something. I don't even remember what she said.

Movie was cool but can somebody explain what happened when the dude died and they brought him back to life near the end. (The son that was supposed to take over the business) The girl explained it so fast like "we bring him back to life, then we jump in the dream" or something. I don't even remember what she said.

I went in high off that sour diesel and I still figured it all out...Nolan just leaves that last scene to make everyone question if it all happened I though it was gonna better....

I went in high off that sour diesel and I still figured it all out...Nolan just leaves that last scene to make everyone question if it all happened I though it was gonna better....

Originally Posted by ksteezy

THANK YOU!
roll.gif
I agree.  Thats the point in the movie is for the audience to take it further.  Nolan isn't as complex as you think he likes to finish what he does and allow the viewers to take it further.  Look at all his movies, he wants people to watch his films and say ok no sequel but yet with our imagination yes there can be one.

As for the Matrix, what do you not understand?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

THANK YOU!
roll.gif
I agree.  Thats the point in the movie is for the audience to take it further.  Nolan isn't as complex as you think he likes to finish what he does and allow the viewers to take it further.  Look at all his movies, he wants people to watch his films and say ok no sequel but yet with our imagination yes there can be one.

As for the Matrix, what do you not understand?

I'm pissed.
Soo mad..how dare Nolan do that? Just leave it like as a %##*+@% mystery.
ombg.
laugh.gif

it was a good movie though.

I'm pissed.
Soo mad..how dare Nolan do that? Just leave it like as a %##*+@% mystery.
ombg.
laugh.gif

it was a good movie though.

Haven't seen inception yet, hopefully am going real soon, and not to try to thread jack
but because I'm trying to watch some old Nolan films, I just finished watching Memento
and am just trying to feel what happened? I assume the ending is supposed to leave the
viewer as confused as Lenny himself was throughout the movie? If someone could pm
me with some info it would be much appreciated.

Haven't seen inception yet, hopefully am going real soon, and not to try to thread jack
but because I'm trying to watch some old Nolan films, I just finished watching Memento
and am just trying to feel what happened? I assume the ending is supposed to leave the
viewer as confused as Lenny himself was throughout the movie? If someone could pm
me with some info it would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom