So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

saw it earlier today. it was surprisingly straight forward for being such a "complex" film. i really enjoyed it as well. and good looks to whoever posted that AMC 1$ deal.
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
loved the ending. it didn't answer anything, but it was still a satisfying ending. instead of giving us a definitive answer as to whether he was still in a dream/limbo or if that was real, he left it to the viewer to interpret. if he had put a definitive ending on it, we would just be sitting here wondering about what would happen if it had gone the other way, and that's it. the way nolan chose to end it made the post film conversation a good one.

Again, why was Saito so quick to make the call? 

Response in black below to avoid spoilers (don't know how to make the spoiler thingy) 

V
V
V

IMO it was in gratitude.  Think about it...Saito was in Limbo for years in "mind time" so long that he was an old man.  Dude searched for him, found him, and pulled him out of Limbo.  That alone, would be reason enough for Saito to make the call whether or not rich boy split the company. 

Response in black below to avoid spoilers (don't know how to make the spoiler thingy) 

V
V
V

IMO it was in gratitude.  Think about it...Saito was in Limbo for years in "mind time" so long that he was an old man.  Dude searched for him, found him, and pulled him out of Limbo.  That alone, would be reason enough for Saito to make the call whether or not rich boy split the company. 

Originally Posted by innovazn2

another cool theory about Cob's totem
sorry if repost
http://revolvingdoorproje...hat-happened-at-the-end/

that's pretty lame to be honest. especially because he did the exact same thing in memento with black and white/color (where he did a much better job dealing with the themes of perception and reality than inception)

way too cut and dry for a movie everyone is saying is so complex and deep

Originally Posted by innovazn2

another cool theory about Cob's totem
sorry if repost
http://revolvingdoorproje...hat-happened-at-the-end/

that's pretty lame to be honest. especially because he did the exact same thing in memento with black and white/color (where he did a much better job dealing with the themes of perception and reality than inception)

way too cut and dry for a movie everyone is saying is so complex and deep

Originally Posted by JinKazama

V
V
V

Remember, the deal was never to save his mind, nor was it reminding him of the arrangement that would initiate the call to free Cobb. The original deal was the success of the inception, and that Saito will promise to deliver.

Here are the issues:

1. Niether Cobb nor Saito witnessed the inception, nor were they told the inception occurred or even worked.
2. Last thing Cobb witnessed was that Fischer had waken in the 3rd dream/limbo. It does not tell him anything more than that he is alive which means there is a 50/50 chance the inception either did or didn’nt occurr, and if it did occurr whether it worked or not.
3. When Cobb found Saito, there is no implication that Cobb knew the Inception occurred/worked. Yet, his focus was not to discuss the inception but rather to $%$% of limbo

Whether he saved Saito and he wa grateful or not is irrelevent and should not even be considered to be the motiviating factor for the call. The motivation based on the plot and original deal was again, whether the inception worked or not. Both Cobb and Saito are oblivous when they wake in the airplane.

V
V
V

Remember, the deal was never to save his mind, nor was it reminding him of the arrangement that would initiate the call to free Cobb. The original deal was the success of the inception, and that Saito will promise to deliver.

Here are the issues:

1. Niether Cobb nor Saito witnessed the inception, nor were they told the inception occurred or even worked.
2. Last thing Cobb witnessed was that Fischer had waken in the 3rd dream/limbo. It does not tell him anything more than that he is alive which means there is a 50/50 chance the inception either did or didn’nt occurr, and if it did occurr whether it worked or not.
3. When Cobb found Saito, there is no implication that Cobb knew the Inception occurred/worked. Yet, his focus was not to discuss the inception but rather to $%$% of limbo

Whether he saved Saito and he wa grateful or not is irrelevent and should not even be considered to be the motiviating factor for the call. The motivation based on the plot and original deal was again, whether the inception worked or not. Both Cobb and Saito are oblivous when they wake in the airplane.

Here are the issues:

Whether he saved Saito and he wa grateful or not is irrelevent and should not

******************Spolier Warning***********************

yeah I realize that and I understand the arrangement, but Saito died in one of the lower levels of "dream land" so he was in limbo with no way to get out.  Cobb could've left him there.  Saito knows this.  So when Cobb makes the effort to find him and Saito has lived until he was an old man down there wouldn't you be extremely grateful to Cobb if he came and found you after 10, 20, or 30 years?  Inception or not, deal or no deal?  

If I had just spent a lifetime in limbo only to get a new lease on life after that long I could care less about whether I make a little more money.  Again, that's just my opinion and Nolan directed the movie to bring up just these kinds of questions.       e

Here are the issues:

yeah I realize that and I understand the arrangement, but Saito died in one of the lower levels of "dream land" so he was in limbo with no way to get out.  Cobb could've left him there.  Saito knows this.  So when Cobb makes the effort to find him and Saito has lived until he was an old man down there wouldn't you be extremely grateful to Cobb if he came and found you after 10, 20, or 30 years?  Inception or not, deal or no deal?  

If I had just spent a lifetime in limbo only to get a new lease on life after that long I could care less about whether I make a little more money.  Again, that's just my opinion and Nolan directed the movie to bring up just these kinds of questions.       e

Here are the issues:

If I had just spent a lifetime in limbo only to get a new lease on life after that long I could care less about whether I make a little more money.  Again, that's just my opinion and Nolan directed the movie to bring up just these kinds of questions.       even be considered
to be the motiviating factor for the call. The motivation based on the plot and original deal was again, whether the inception worked or not. Both Cobb and Saito are oblivous when they wake in the airplane.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree that I would be truly grateful.  However, I just remembered Cobb's body language when he looked at Saito after they had awakened.  He gave him a mean stare like "What are you waiting for?" then the scene cuts to Saito somewhat startled then acknowledging the gesture and making the call.  My interpretation of the gesture was hey I did my part of the deal, what about yours as if to remind him.  Thus, it it were truly out of gratitude and not obligation, why the gesture from Cobb and the startled acknowledgement from Saito?  If it were out of gratitude, I think the scene would have looked more like this.  Cobb looks at Saito for the first time after they wake, Saito is in the middle of dialing.  This would be more inline with your theory.

Here are the issues:

If I had just spent a lifetime in limbo only to get a new lease on life after that long I could care less about whether I make a little more money.  Again, that's just my opinion and Nolan directed the movie to bring up just these kinds of questions.       even be considered
to be the motiviating factor for the call. The motivation based on the plot and original deal was again, whether the inception worked or not. Both Cobb and Saito are oblivous when they wake in the airplane.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree that I would be truly grateful.  However, I just remembered Cobb's body language when he looked at Saito after they had awakened.  He gave him a mean stare like "What are you waiting for?" then the scene cuts to Saito somewhat startled then acknowledging the gesture and making the call.  My interpretation of the gesture was hey I did my part of the deal, what about yours as if to remind him.  Thus, it it were truly out of gratitude and not obligation, why the gesture from Cobb and the startled acknowledgement from Saito?  If it were out of gratitude, I think the scene would have looked more like this.  Cobb looks at Saito for the first time after they wake, Saito is in the middle of dialing.  This would be more inline with your theory.

Here are the issues:

i kind of agree with this. Saito seemed a little to excited to make the business deal after he woke up. didn't he just go through a catharsis by living out 50 years of life? they should have at least shown him reflecting or something.

he just hopped up real quick and started dialing away.

Here are the issues:

i kind of agree with this. Saito seemed a little to excited to make the business deal after he woke up. didn't he just go through a catharsis by living out 50 years of life? they should have at least shown him reflecting or something.

he just hopped up real quick and started dialing away.

I'm fully on board with the ring theory. He was wearing the ring in every dream sequence because in his dreams Mal was still alive and he is still very much married to her. In reality he doesn't wear the ring for obvious reasons.

I don't understand why people are even questioning Saito for coming through on his word prematurely. Saito initially seemed to be the villain but he probably has a good heart and values family. At that point, I don't even think it mattered if the inception was successful or not, he could have just been rewarding the effort. I think people are looking TOO deeply into things trying to find a flaw, but the more and more people bring them up the more this film/story proves to be damn near flawless.

^doesn't saito say at some point after he's shot, either way i'm making the call for you when we get out of here?

Back
Top Bottom