So my dog is getting put to sleep tomorrow...

if you were 12 writing this post i would feel sorry for you, but u damn near 20.. man up and get a new dog. or atleast a gf to occupy your time

my dog is getting a lil old and I know time is coming =[ R.I.P to yours tho.

Reminds me of how much I love that movie "My Dog Skip".

My heart goes out to the op and everyone else who can relate. Our pets are like family members and their loss is definitely felt.

R.I.P Mudge

Dayuum my dude...R.I.P..
tired.gif

R.I.P. to Mudge
tired.gif

I don't want to think about my dog dying but he's getting older as I'm off at college
frown.gif

This is exactly the reason why I absolutely refuse to have another dog. I have had 3 dogs total in my thirty-two years of existence and I have been in thissame exact situation twice. It just isnt' worth it for me to go through it again. The pain still pricks from time to time to this very day and it reallyhurts.

Plus I have kids now.

RIP. I know that feeling man. I had to put my pup to sleep on new years eve back in 03. I had that dog since before i was in kindergarten.

well i wrote this a couple of years ago.. i don't know if it helps you or what not but here i saved it on to my hard drive to read whenever I wanna thinkof my little homie..

Depending on how I feel after I write I this I'll decide to continue or not.

Today well actually yesterday at about 6 p.m my dog was put to sleep. Most of yall know him as the scary black dog named Rocky. To me he was my brother my bestfriend my homie my man my everything. This goes to everyone who has a dog, don't ever get caught in the situation where you have to let your dog suffer.Rocky didn't suffer and I'm glad now that he's resting. Cause I do know I'm going to see him again somewhere someday I hope.. I hope that allmy prayer my beliefs actually go to something because it would suck if it all went to nothing and that me & rocky could never be again.

It was rough having to hold him and spray anastic in his mouth myself.. It felt like I betrayed him and he didn't even want to go inside the vet because inhis heart he knew what was going down.. He looked at me, but it wasn't the same dog I loved and that loved me. It was a dog that was confused.. dazed..Dizzy and wondering why?? What did I do wrong ??

Then having to hold him while the doctor injected him with another tranquilizer was harder because he's such a big guy and to see him like that made mefeel like a +!!++. I never want to go through this pain again then as he was half awake half dazed they carted him to the back and now all I have left is hisbowls and his collar and leash. They asked me would I want to be in the room when it was done....my answer was simply a walk out the office and walked homecrying on flatbush. Wondering why?? Why is that the ones we love are the ones we take for granted and why is it that the ones we love die so quickly.. Idon't have an answer to it but I guess its because we only notice people that we love.

I had Rocky since my father died and I never really took time until today to look at him and tell him I love you and appreciate what he did for me.. Becuasewhat he did he did for free and without even talking.. He loved me.. And now its the little things ill miss like his smell.. Walking him.. Him annoying me..=)... him barking... him looking at my food even of he knows he's getting none..

I love you rocky.. You know what I'm going through .. I hope to see you again one day lil buddy.

Btw I wrote this for me.. I don't want nobody sympathy I aint type some $%$@#$$% just for cool points.. I'm still the same me same smile but heavierheart and more mature for all this.

I can't even imagine putting one of my four dogs down. I know one day the day will come. I will dread the day. I love my dogs way too much.

I wish you and your family the best. I know how easy it is to be attached to a dog. They truly are mans best friend. They are content just layin down with you.Very unselfish animals.

RIP.

I know how you feel bro. RIP. Just think he is chasing all the squirrels and birds worry free 100% up in Heaven.

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

well i wrote this a couple of years ago.. i don't know if it helps you or what not but here i saved it on to my hard drive to read whenever I wanna think of my little homie..

Depending on how I feel after I write I this I'll decide to continue or not.

Today well actually yesterday at about 6 p.m my dog was put to sleep. Most of yall know him as the scary black dog named Rocky. To me he was my brother my best friend my homie my man my everything. This goes to everyone who has a dog, don't ever get caught in the situation where you have to let your dog suffer. Rocky didn't suffer and I'm glad now that he's resting. Cause I do know I'm going to see him again somewhere someday I hope.. I hope that all my prayer my beliefs actually go to something because it would suck if it all went to nothing and that me & rocky could never be again.

It was rough having to hold him and spray anastic in his mouth myself.. It felt like I betrayed him and he didn't even want to go inside the vet because in his heart he knew what was going down.. He looked at me, but it wasn't the same dog I loved and that loved me. It was a dog that was confused.. dazed.. Dizzy and wondering why?? What did I do wrong ??

Then having to hold him while the doctor injected him with another tranquilizer was harder because he's such a big guy and to see him like that made me feel like a +!!++. I never want to go through this pain again then as he was half awake half dazed they carted him to the back and now all I have left is his bowls and his collar and leash. They asked me would I want to be in the room when it was done....my answer was simply a walk out the office and walked home crying on flatbush. Wondering why?? Why is that the ones we love are the ones we take for granted and why is it that the ones we love die so quickly.. I don't have an answer to it but I guess its because we only notice people that we love.

I had Rocky since my father died and I never really took time until today to look at him and tell him I love you and appreciate what he did for me.. Becuase what he did he did for free and without even talking.. He loved me.. And now its the little things ill miss like his smell.. Walking him.. Him annoying me.. =)... him barking... him looking at my food even of he knows he's getting none..

I love you rocky.. You know what I'm going through .. I hope to see you again one day lil buddy.

Btw I wrote this for me.. I don't want nobody sympathy I aint type some $%$@#$$% just for cool points.. I'm still the same me same smile but heavier heart and more mature for all this.

Thanks man. I really appreciated that. You never know what you have until your gone. Losing my Grandpa and my dog in the same year has been hard. And for thepeople who say quit whining, they have obviously never had a dog because they don't know the relationship one forms with it. It is probably the only livingthing whose love is constant. Seeing my dog come running to me each day when I get to my apartment lets me know I am appreciated and he will be missed.

I have no motivation to get aother dog because for me it would be like trying to replace a member of my family. I'm sure eventually when I'm out ofcollege I will get another one but right now there is no way I would want too. Nothing will fill his shoes for me.

Originally Posted by mike rocks nikes

quit wynin im 14 and my 9 week old pit just got parvo
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

yea big difference here buddy..op had his dog for years..let me repeat that years...key word years..you had your pup for what 9 weeks...I know its hard to losea dog but dont be a douche about it....

I'm so sorry. I know exactly how u feel. My dog just died 2 weeks ago unexpectedly. She was only 3yrs old. Two days prior (thursday), she went intosurgery to have a c-section because she was too small to have the puppy naturally. The next day (friday) I left for a christian retreat. The night after that(saturday) I got a call from my mom saying that she stopped breathing and they were rushing her to the emergency room. My friend had to take me there becausemy friends didn't want me driving cuz I was hella crying. My dad was able to revive her twice, but after the third time, she just gave up. By the time Igot there she was already gone. I still feel horrible. She was the most obedient pomeranian. Small dogs in general are hard to train. When I'd go get themail, she'd follow along right beside me. She knew sit, beg, paw... etc.. When I'd point to a spot, she'd go right to it. And if i moved myfinger 2 inches in another direction, she'd do it. She would know when I was sad and she'd come up and cuddle next to me. My mom never liked dogsuntil we got her.

It's bittersweet, because while we did lose a great dog, she left us with a puppy. =/

So I send my condolences to you.

Back
Top Bottom