So the cops pulled me over.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I got pulled over tonight. Field sobriety test and I even volunteered the breathalyzer. I passed both with flying colors. Then I ran a red left turn arrow two minutes later in celebration.
[Chappelle as Rick James]It's a celebration!!![/Chappelle as Rick James]

Originally Posted by TW3EK

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

piece of @@$% officer. he had no right to search the car...but when you said "yes, search my car" they can do whatever they please.
if you would have said no, they wouldn't have searched, and they wouldn't have found anything.
Man those boys will laugh in your face and search your %@@% anyway.. His lights being "off" is probable cause... I don't know where you're located but where I'm at they do what the *%!@ they want..
roll.gif

When they ask to search I say "go ahead" with no hesitation.. I have nothing to hide.. actually at times I do but its stashed nicely..
pimp.gif
%%$! that. if a cop is gonna search my car and break the law and cross the line of my rights, i'm gonna make it as difficult on him aspossible.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

my friend told me if a cop asks to pop the trunk, i heard you dont have to, its your right or something, does that go the same for a cop searching your car?
Dude, listen to Jay-Z's 99 Problems and it really tells you all you need to know but people seem to just ignore the whole "When thecanine comes.."

If they dont have a warrant and your car is locked then no, they can't conduct a LEGAL search. However that does not for a second mean that they wontsearch you, find something, trick you into saying something that you shouldn't and mess you all up.

Now if all your stuff is locked and they have no warrant and you dont consent to a search, they can LEGALLY hold you there until they bring a canine unit tosniff you out, obtain a warrant, do a legal search and just screw you over.

My advice:
If you have nothing to hide then let them search you. Warrant or no warrant. Dont give yourself the headache for the sake of appearing like some hip,cop-hatin hardass. When they dont find anything, they might give you a BS ticket or give you their apologies and send you on your way.

If you have something like in the case of the OP, prepare for a long hard court battle. Dont consent to the search, if they still search with no warrant, theevidence cant be considered in court. But there are so many legal loopholes and all that.. Basically, prepare for a headache. If you get arrested, exerciseyour right to remain silent, get a lawyer and hope for the best.

If his only cause for pulling you over was that you turned your lights off, and you know for a fact that you did not do that.....then file a cases against thecop...your boys tickets will get thrown out and you might get to "score one for the good guys" by putting an unlawful stop and search on this copsrecord...

go talk to a lawyer ASAP.....all cop cars have the in car camera, and they run constantly, if they cannot come up with the tape then you walk free and clear,if they have the tape and it shows you were not in the wrong, the 5-0 takes the hit on his record.....

your screwed they won its just that simple. I think we went through this a few weeks ago almost the same deal. WHY WHY WHY would you ride in a car with agrinder and a bong? I'm pro weed in every way but the sterio types people have about pot smokers seems to come true over and over.Get high at home leaveyour stash there and all your fun smoking devices. Once the weed was found you were screwed. without the weed involved this could have been an entirly diffstory. Yes I know they was trippin over the gun but since there wsnt one the weed gave em everything they needed to do whatever they wanted to you. Learn yourrights as well, should have never said a word when he started askin questions unrelated to the traffic stop.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

your screwed they won its just that simple. I think we went through this a few weeks ago almost the same deal. WHY WHY WHY would you ride in a car with a grinder and a bong? I'm pro weed in every way but the sterio types people have about pot smokers seems to come true over and over.Get high at home leave your stash there and all your fun smoking devices. Once the weed was found you were screwed. without the weed involved this could have been an entirly diff story. Yes I know they was trippin over the gun but since there wsnt one the weed gave em everything they needed to do whatever they wanted to you. Learn your rights as well, should have never said a word when he started askin questions unrelated to the traffic stop.
I also agree with the $%+$ statement.....you dont have to answer many questions with more than a yes sir, no sir.........but the initial act ofpulling them over was questionable.....

i got pulled over last night
first time
must say, he was a generous cop.
though i think he followed us from the club.
it was only a matter of time, i always speed on that road.
but he let me go with a "slow down"
im sure they were looking for drunk drivers though.

"yes sir, no sir" FTW

This story is
laugh.gif
but i feel bad for you, buddie
Like in Pineapple Express "!$#@ the police!!" < Saul SLiver (aka James Franco)
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom