So The Dark Knight Wasn't Nominated For Best Picture...............

Heath's nod is deserving....I feel Bale actually took a step down from the first Batman movie and his performance was average at best as Batman

The movie is was good, not good enough for a nomination or even close to winning it.

Also the genre in which the movie falls under plays a big part in whether you get picked for the Oscars

It's an absolute joke that Benjamin Button wasn't nominated.
Benjamin Button was a pretty good movie but I think the second half of the movie is what dragged it down...it started to become long winded andslow

Anyone know any other 4 star movies that didn't get nominated for Best Picture? I know TDK and Wall-e did it this year. I have no problem with TDK notgetting the nod, but I think Nolan should get a nomination for best director.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

batman wasnt a great movie, it was good, not great....

heaths performance was great..

i woulda been shocked if dark knight was nominated

Exactly....Christian Bale's Batman voice was horrible!It sounds like a cross between a grizzly bear and Clint Eastwood.

Also The Dark Knight was nothing new in that genre. The first Batman was just like it.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Oscars are an uptight bunch, they hate blockbusters
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Easily one of the best films in 2008
finally.. someone with some sense.. Dark Knight was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ps. i saw this movie 4 times in the first 2 days it was in theaters..
eek.gif

I'd give it to slumdog
For all those crying that Batman wasn't even nominated, I'm sorry yeah it was good, way enjoyable, BUT you have to look at the fact that its a BATMANmovie! Yes Ledgers performance was
pimp.gif
but really its a BATMAN movie guys....maybe action film of the year or best score or something... definitely not filmof the year (steps aside for flaming)

what makes people think The Dark Knight is going to redefine superhero movies? Iron Man impressed a looot of people and that came out before The Dark Knight.Plus, it's nothing new it was just hyped cause of Ledger's death.

People always say "AH it won't win just because its a super hero movie". Did it ever occur to you that the reason you thought it was so good isbecause it was a super hero movie?

Originally Posted by steven42lh

I am disappointed The Dark Knight could not get a nomination for Best Picture, simply because of what it has done as far as redefining an entire genre of movie (Superhero) and the overall quality and commercial success of it. Before Dark Knight, Superhero movies were given a pass for believability and quality of acting and script. Post Dark Knight, the same old Spiderman/Incredible Hulk crap WILL NOT be acceptable. The pressure is on now for studios to make not only good Superhero movies, but good movies, period.
This is just not true. The standard for superhero movies was already set over 20 years ago, not to mention that the genre is not a particularlyrespected one by the Academy to begin with.

The Dark Knight was a very entertaining movie but lacked many qualities that define most Best Picture nominees - directing, active, writing, etc. With theexception of Ledger - who was rightfully nominated for an award - the rest of the movie was above average but certainly not worthy of a Best Picture nod.

Eh..to me it wasn't even the best super hero movie of the year. That would go to Iron Man, IMO.

I couldn't understand how some people were going to see TDK 2-3 times in one week
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by steven42lh

I am disappointed The Dark Knight could not get a nomination for Best Picture, simply because of what it has done as far as redefining an entire genre of movie (Superhero) and the overall quality and commercial success of it. Before Dark Knight, Superhero movies were given a pass for believability and quality of acting and script. Post Dark Knight, the same old Spiderman/Incredible Hulk crap WILL NOT be acceptable. The pressure is on now for studios to make not only good Superhero movies, but good movies, period.
This is just not true. The standard for superhero movies was already set over 20 years ago, not to mention that the genre is not a particularly respected one by the Academy to begin with.

The Dark Knight was a very entertaining movie but lacked many qualities that define most Best Picture nominees - directing, active, writing, etc. With the exception of Ledger - who was rightfully nominated for an award - the rest of the movie was above average but certainly not worthy of a Best Picture nod.
Agreed, like after the 18 wheeler scene. The rest of the movie is just a drag to me. Tried to watch it a 2nd time and was bored. It's agood movie, but it's not Gladiator. A movie that I can watch twice a day and not be bored. That was a movie with high commercial appeal and it won anOscar for best movie. People have to fall back and analyze the movie more. It was a fun movie to watch, but it didn't redefine anything. Which a lot ofOscar movies do.

The Wrestler was also great Mickey Rourke should win best actor of the year Period COMEBACK KING!

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Eh..to me it wasn't even the best super hero movie of the year. That would go to Iron Man, IMO.

I couldn't understand how some people were going to see TDK 2-3 times in one week
laugh.gif

yup, and its coming out in Imax again tomorrow, guess who'll be there

ME

Originally Posted by mdresident

In scenes that Joker was not in, the movie was slow and boring. Movie has absolutely no replay value to me. I've seen twice and I don't think i would ever watch again.
No replay, huh? That's why you saw it twice? Anyway, you guys are wrong for thinking that Dark Knight was overrated. That def. was movie ofthe year. I don't see how NT can give credit to all the actors and think that does nothing to support a movie of the year nomination. Well, I hope"Slumdog Millionaire" wins then.

Uhh Benjamin Button is nominated for both Best Picture and Best Director. It leads all movies with 13 nominations. OP should change his post.

Back
Top Bottom