So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i don't get how people let these type of dudes ride out when their walking out the store with 10 pairs (when that store normally has a 1 pair limit for everyone else)

a few times when resellers have done that and had the gall to flaunt it in everyone that played by the rules faces, i've told em straight up that i don't care what they do with the rest of their pairs but there selling me my size 11 for retail plus tax.  i've done this 3 different times and each time i got my pair from them for retail plus tax and they sold the rest of the pairs.  other people should do the same.   on that note if i was buying 10 pairs of a highly sought after shoe  i wouldn't be stupid enough to walk past all the people who got screwed because i have a connect they don't because i know it has the potential for problems breaking out.

_____, please.

Speak for yourself. You seem like the type that would get walked over and not do a damn thing. People like you make me sick.

i don't get how people let these type of dudes ride out when their walking out the store with 10 pairs (when that store normally has a 1 pair limit for everyone else)

a few times when resellers have done that and had the gall to flaunt it in everyone that played by the rules faces, i've told em straight up that i don't care what they do with the rest of their pairs but there selling me my size 11 for retail plus tax.  i've done this 3 different times and each time i got my pair from them for retail plus tax and they sold the rest of the pairs.  other people should do the same.   on that note if i was buying 10 pairs of a highly sought after shoe  i wouldn't be stupid enough to walk past all the people who got screwed because i have a connect they don't because i know it has the potential for problems breaking out.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i would LOVE to see this, in fact take someone with you to record this.

Want to stop Hypebeast, stop buy shoes over retail price. If you miss a shoe you just miss. Do you want it that bad....then you give them the power to sell their shoes over price. Help your self buy not buying over price shoes. Foams are $220...$234.50 shipped if you pay more than that, then hypebeast win.

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i would LOVE to see this, in fact take someone with you to record this.

if the situation presents itself again i'll happily do it.   i'm not one of those dudes who's going to get shafted only to come home and cry about it on niketalk.

now if i line up for a shoe release  it's a 1 pair limit and everyone plays by the rules,  i'm not going to be a sore loser, that's my fault for not lining up earlier.

however if the store has a 1 pair limit and  1 person ends up buying 5-6 pairs because he has a connect in the store or he paid the manager or whatever, im going to get my pair from him for retail and if he wants to play games  im going to let the whole line know that the store has a 1 pair limit and he's screwing everyone in that line over and when people realize 1 person isn't playing by the rules it becomes a moblike situation.  

i don't go to releases by myself, but if people want to think im like them and rather post on niketalk and complain rather then adress the situation myself feel free to do so, it's a free country.

with all that said, anyone walking out a store with 5-6 pairs walking past a line of people who are only allowed to purchase 1 pair isn't a smart idea in the first place.

In what world does your story make any kind of sense? You, the goober standing there empty handed demanding to be sold his pair of shoes at retail instead of taking that size 11 to the next highest bidder. Sure buddy, that's exactly how it happened.

In what world does your story make any kind of sense? You, the goober standing there empty handed demanding to be sold his pair of shoes at retail instead of taking that size 11 to the next highest bidder. Sure buddy, that's exactly how it happened.

serious question,  why would i lie on a sneaker messageboard about something pointless like this?

a store sells a high demand sneaker  1 pair per customer,    one person who knows the manager buys 6 pairs when everyone else is only allowed to get 1 pair and he has the nerve to walk past the line flaunting trying to sell the shoes for double the price.   maybe it's just me but im not letting that ride out and if im with a few people it's in his best interest to sell my pair to me for retail. 

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I don't like it, I dont like the fact that if I happen to like a shoe that comes with a huge hype and resell value I will have to pay 4x what the MSRP of it actually is...all because resellers are fighting each other off and doing guiness records type camp outs, I mean dudes at this point will camp out 3 weeks in advance and I wouldnt be surprise....now thats my personal opinion, because I'm on the other side of the peephole, I'm not a reseller, I'm not even a collector, I buy what I like with intent to wear.

With that said, I think resellers are complete pathetic %$%@%#!!, not all but those that want to profit 2000% on the purchase, those that go in and walk out with 10 pairs, but from a complete unbiased perspective you can't say they are wrong, they are doing it to make money, even though when you break down the math, they could make about the same working at Wendy's but in general they are no different than me hogging up 2-3 jobs when I can live perfectly fine with 1 (im trying to change that),making it harder for new grads to get position just because in at an advantage due to my connects...just seems extremely pathetic to see grown #** men and women stampede each other after sleeping on the streets for a ridiculous amount of days..but you are right, they taking care of their own, they make the sacrifice and the market is there so that is easy for them to flip, no matter how much it pisses us off.

fatboy.jpg

^

post a gif of rex throwing the headset after the steelers afc title game please.

_____, please.

word...if dude stepped to me witht that mess id knock him out in front of the whole line.
You aint built like that.

serious question,  why would i lie on a sneaker messageboard about something pointless like this?

a store sells a high demand sneaker  1 pair per customer,    one person who knows the manager buys 6 pairs when everyone else is only allowed to get 1 pair and he has the nerve to walk past the line flaunting trying to sell the shoes for double the price.   maybe it's just me but im not letting that ride out and if im with a few people it's in his best interest to sell my pair to me for retail. 

You willing to put your life and/or your friends lives at risk over this??...not worth it.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

_____, please.

word...if dude stepped to me witht that mess id knock him out in front of the whole line.

actually i doubt that.

again why would i lie about something so pointless,  if your one of the soft dudes who complains on a messageboard by all means keep doing what you do though

You willing to put your life and/or your friends lives at risk over this??...not worth it.

every time i did this  i had no problems.   one of the times i damn near started a riot because other people in line realized what was going on after i explained it to them.

and at the end of the day, the person who cops multiples from a store (when it's only a 1 pair limit) and tries to rub it in the lines face deserves whatever heat he gets.

i've had pairs held down of limited shoes before and to play it smart on my part and not to bring heat on the store i made sure to come pick my pairs up later in the middle of the day to make things work smooth for both me and my connects.

and at the end of the day, the person who cops multiples from a store (when it's only a 1 pair limit) and tries to rub it in the lines face deserves whatever heat he gets.

i've had pairs held down of limited shoes before and to play it smart on my part and not to bring heat on the store i made sure to come pick my pairs up later in the middle of the day to make things work smooth for both me and my connects.

so youve had limited shoes held before but still had to stand in line for shoes in which a reseller gladly sold you one of his shoes for retail?

interesting.

Originally Posted by MMG

so youve had limited shoes held before but still had to stand in line for shoes in which a reseller gladly sold you one of his shoes for retail?

interesting.

connects come and go my man.

not every footlocker/footaction manager works for the company their entire life and for former connects i've had that moved on to bigger and better things,  i appreciate them holding me down in the past and im glad they found something better work wise.

man........i don't get why people even bother lining up for shoes they're not going to get...

the cold truth of the matter is that if you don't have the money to buy the shoes at resale, you're not getting them. simple as that.

i dont understand Nike's logic behind hyping up a shoe and then making it into limited quantities....the brand self sells, it doesnt need any promotion, its +!%*!+ Nike!...furthermore, the sale numbers from these sneakers that cause so much havok is not making or breaking Nike, all is doing is feeding the cancer of the sneaker game, this ridiculous markup resell numbers, putting peoples lives at risk, you even have toddlers out there on line with their stupid parents....what is the point Nike??...the solution is very simple, when a hot shoe releases, just make it a general release at a premium price, **%% it, i rather pay Nike 400$ for a shoe i really like and want but that it would be easily accesible, those who really wnt the shoe, will drop the money, those that dont and just want to make the task of getting the shoe hell, just so that they can charge you 400$ or more will be %%++ out of luck and perhaps they'll attempt getting a real job.

just feels like Nike is just trolling the %%++ out of its young market...
but nike doesn't want to be super-accessible at all times. they want to maintain that air of exclusiveness. 
It works too, Nike is the single most iconic brand of clothing/footwear in the world. 

High-end designer companies wish they had Nike's clout. 
laugh.gif

I think I saw these on Desean Jackson's twitter today. I wanted to show him love a couple months ago but when I saw his name with fashion god I just felt like unfollowing him. I barely get on Twitter but I say keep it to find possible networking opportunities.

idk why everyone is on Rex's case. dude would most likely do something like that. I highly doubt hes trolling.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

_____, please.

laugh.gif
thats exactly what would happen.  This dude thinks hes gonna demand another man sell him shoes for retail just because he said so.

Originally Posted by KingOfSpades55

Want to stop Hypebeast, stop buy shoes over retail price. If you miss a shoe you just miss. Do you want it that bad....then you give them the power to sell their shoes over price. Help your self buy not buying over price shoes. Foams are $220...$234.50 shipped if you pay more than that, then hypebeast win.

6ep36t.gif

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

idk why everyone is on Rex's case. dude would most likely do something like that. I highly doubt hes trolling.

Because these dudes are soft. There the type to go on niketalk and cry about getting shafted while I do something about it

Back
Top Bottom