So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

I don't like it, I dont like the fact that if I happen to like a shoe that comes with a huge hype and resell value I will have to pay 4x what the MSRP of it actually is...all because resellers are fighting each other off and doing guiness records type camp outs, I mean dudes at this point will camp out 3 weeks in advance and I wouldnt be surprise....now thats my personal opinion, because I'm on the other side of the peephole, I'm not a reseller, I'm not even a collector, I buy what I like with intent to wear.

With that said, I think resellers are complete pathetic %$%@%#!!, not all but those that want to profit 2000% on the purchase, those that go in and walk out with 10 pairs, but from a complete unbiased perspective you can't say they are wrong, they are doing it to make money, even though when you break down the math, they could make about the same working at Wendy's but in general they are no different than me hogging up 2-3 jobs when I can live perfectly fine with 1 (im trying to change that),making it harder for new grads to get position just because in at an advantage due to my connects...just seems extremely pathetic to see grown #** men and women stampede each other after sleeping on the streets for a ridiculous amount of days..but you are right, they taking care of their own, they make the sacrifice and the market is there so that is easy for them to flip, no matter how much it pisses us off.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

How would you feel if you're interested in some shoes that you actually wanna keep and you're #11 in line. Your store is getting 10 pairs. All 10 people in front of you are only interested in reselling and getting rid of them. That wouldn't piss you off?
I would be mad as hell (not the point of the discussion) but I wouldn't label those people as WRONG (the current discussion). I don't deserve those shoes any more than those people in front of me. <~ This is what you all aren't getting. I wouldn't tear down their moral code because they have different intentions than I have. I would be mad that I went shoe-less but they aren't wrong for buying them for reasons that differ from mine.

So you wouldn't be pissed that you went home shoeless because the people in front of you have no interest whatsoever in keeping the shoes but you do? If not, then I don't know what to tell you.
Yes I said I would be pissed off that their reason to buy isn't PERCEPTIBLY as important as my reason to buy but if I stepped back and looked at it from an unbiased POV, I would see that they aren't WRONG. I am mad because I don't have the shoe first and foremost. 
Again, you all are looking at it from a sneakerhead's POV. I am not a sneakerhead nor a buyer so I am not biased here.

Nobody is right.
Nobody is wrong.

You buy you buy. You don't deserve to own over anyone else just because you love shoes more than the next man.

I would be mad as hell (not the point of the discussion) but I wouldn't label those people as WRONG (the current discussion). I don't deserve those shoes any more than those people in front of me. <~ This is what you all aren't getting. I wouldn't tear down their moral code because they have different intentions than I have. I would be mad that I went shoe-less but they aren't wrong for buying them for reasons that differ from mine.

So you wouldn't be pissed that you went home shoeless because the people in front of you have no interest whatsoever in keeping the shoes but you do? If not, then I don't know what to tell you.
Yes I said I would be pissed off that their reason to buy isn't PERCEPTIBLY as important as my reason to buy but if I stepped back and looked at it from an unbiased POV, I would see that they aren't WRONG. I am mad because I don't have the shoe first and foremost. 
Again, you all are looking at it from a sneakerhead's POV. I am not a sneakerhead nor a buyer so I am not biased here.

Nobody is right.
Nobody is wrong.

You buy you buy. You don't deserve to own over anyone else just because you love shoes more than the next man.
pimp.gif

great to see common sense on this board.

Nobody is right.

Nobody is wrong.

Truth! Couldn't have said any simpler.
pimp.gif

If some of you hate the fact that you go empty handed at a shoe release. Simply quit the game. No one is forcing you to line up at those ridiculous lines. One of the reasons I don't care so much about shoes anymore. It's too crazy for me, therefor, I don't even bother with it. If I'm able to find the opportunity to get it, then, all good. If I miss out, it's nothing. I've learned to get over it. Some of these people who stay salty might as well do the same. At the end of the day, it's just shoes. Move on...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N...%++$&hash=item2ebbcb50cc

Sold For: US $900.00

One of the biggest, if not the biggest shoe release in 2012. The Nike Foamposite One Galaxy. These shoes sold out in minutes!! Please note, that you are not bidding on the actual shoes. You are bidding on the photo in this listing. Don't miss out on this offer! You won't find it anywhere else on the web! Once in a life tome chance. You will recieve these pics 10000 % authentic!

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
*Another piece of the same listing:If you bid on this item, you have read what I wrote above, and fully understand what you are bidding on.  The winning bidder is expected to pay immediately or will be given bad feedback and reported._____________________________________________________________________________IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED!!!!

DC makes perfect sense.

I do think Nike should realize the dangerous conditions they create and should fall back.  The hypebeast should know better but Nike does help drive the hype to a fever pitch.  They don't have to care but they should show some type of "giveadambness" about the safety of these consumers. Its like Black Friday all over again with these releases.

If you a grown man complaining about not getting a shoe then you not a grown man. period

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I don't like it, I dont like the fact that if I happen to like a shoe that comes with a huge hype and resell value I will have to pay 4x what the MSRP of it actually is...all because resellers are fighting each other off and doing guiness records type camp outs, I mean dudes at this point will camp out 3 weeks in advance and I wouldnt be surprise....now thats my personal opinion, because I'm on the other side of the peephole, I'm not a reseller, I'm not even a collector, I buy what I like with intent to wear.

With that said, I think resellers are complete pathetic %$%@%#!!, not all but those that want to profit 2000% on the purchase, those that go in and walk out with 10 pairs, but from a complete unbiased perspective you can't say they are wrong, they are doing it to make money, even though when you break down the math, they could make about the same working at Wendy's but in general they are no different than me hogging up 2-3 jobs when I can live perfectly fine with 1 (im trying to change that),making it harder for new grads to get position just because in at an advantage due to my connects...just seems extremely pathetic to see grown #** men and women stampede each other after sleeping on the streets for a ridiculous amount of days..but you are right, they taking care of their own, they make the sacrifice and the market is there so that is easy for them to flip, no matter how much it pisses us off.

i don't get how people let these type of dudes ride out when their walking out the store with 10 pairs (when that store normally has a 1 pair limit for everyone else)

a few times when resellers have done that and had the gall to flaunt it in everyone that played by the rules faces, i've told em straight up that i don't care what they do with the rest of their pairs but there selling me my size 11 for retail plus tax.  i've done this 3 different times and each time i got my pair from them for retail plus tax and they sold the rest of the pairs.  other people should do the same.   on that note if i was buying 10 pairs of a highly sought after shoe  i wouldn't be stupid enough to walk past all the people who got screwed because i have a connect they don't because i know it has the potential for problems breaking out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N...!$!#&hash=item2ebbcb50cc

One of the biggest, if not the biggest shoe release in 2012. The Nike Foamposite One Galaxy. These shoes sold out in minutes!! Please note, that you are not bidding on the actual shoes. You are bidding on the photo in this listing. Don't miss out on this offer! You won't find it anywhere else on the web! Once in a life tome chance. You will recieve these pics 10000 % authentic!

roll.gif

Ive done some griney %*@$ in my life..........but ive never dont anything like this.  WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats some dirty %*@$ right there
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i don't get how people let these type of dudes ride out when their walking out the store with 10 pairs (when that store normally has a 1 pair limit for everyone else)

a few times when resellers have done that and had the gall to flaunt it in everyone that played by the rules faces, i've told em straight up that i don't care what they do with the rest of their pairs but there selling me my size 11 for retail plus tax.  i've done this 3 different times and each time i got my pair from them for retail plus tax and they sold the rest of the pairs.  other people should do the same.   on that note if i was buying 10 pairs of a highly sought after shoe  i wouldn't be stupid enough to walk past all the people who got screwed because i have a connect they don't because i know it has the potential for problems breaking out.

Not all of us have polorico as back up.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

All nike has to do is produce more product at launch and restock more often its that simple
We've all suggested that at one point, yet I doubt Nike would ever listen to each and everyone of us. Regardless of how they handle production, people will still buy regardless. Reason why they don't care what we think. It's true, the more they produced, the more money they can make. They just like to stir the hype train up by creating these limited releases.

If these were available WIDESPREAD...............NOBODY and i mean NOBODY would buy them. Its the "exclusivity" of the shoes that makes them as sought after as they were.

Believe me, 95% of the people that bought them DEEP INSIDE, think they look like crap.........c`mon, you might as well start making the wolf shirts again and make some wolf foamposites!!!!!!

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

If these were available WIDESPREAD...............NOBODY and i mean NOBODY would buy them. Its the "exclusivity" of the shoes that makes them as sought after as they were.

Believe me, 95% of the people that bought them DEEP INSIDE, think they look like crap.........c`mon, you might as well start making the wolf shirts again and make some wolf foamposites!!!!!!

All this.

People want things others don't have. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N...!$!#&hash=item2ebbcb50cc

roll.gif

Ive done some griney %*@$ in my life..........but ive never dont anything like this.  WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats some dirty %*@$ right there
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
how is that grimey?
reading is fundamental, its not his fault that people saw the image of the sneaker and got trigger happy.

Speak for yourself. I would buy them. 

I don't understand what you did. Are you saying when someone tried to sell you the shoes you basically told them, "No, you just bought it for X, you better sell it to me for that price." Well why didn't they just sell it to someone that would pay what they originally asked for? Why did they sell it to you? You got it like that Rex? 
laugh.gif

_____, please.

Back
Top Bottom