So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

"the game is the game...just got more fierce" 
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

that whole camp out phase lasted only bout 2 years for me thank god 
laugh.gif

From a business standpoint Nike is keeping their demand HIGH! From a moral standpoint it's wrong to make shoes so limited knowing that the demand is high. Business and morality is like oil and water. This is definitely a test to see how willing consumers are to buy sneakers. I guarantee we will see premium Jordans release the 1-6 with Nike Air on the back and with premium materials that will retail at 225.00 and be limited! If you really want a change stop lining and camping!

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

In what world does your story make any kind of sense? You, the goober standing there empty handed demanding to be sold his pair of shoes at retail instead of taking that size 11 to the next highest bidder. Sure buddy, that's exactly how it happened.

serious question,  why would i lie on a sneaker messageboard about something pointless like this?

a store sells a high demand sneaker  1 pair per customer,    one person who knows the manager buys 6 pairs when everyone else is only allowed to get 1 pair and he has the nerve to walk past the line flaunting trying to sell the shoes for double the price.   maybe it's just me but im not letting that ride out and if im with a few people it's in his best interest to sell my pair to me for retail. 

You willing to put your life and/or your friends lives at risk over this??...not worth it.

but your already doing it by sleeping days in the street arent you? also just getting one pair it putting your life at risk depending on where you live. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

serious question,  why would i lie on a sneaker messageboard about something pointless like this?

a store sells a high demand sneaker  1 pair per customer,    one person who knows the manager buys 6 pairs when everyone else is only allowed to get 1 pair and he has the nerve to walk past the line flaunting trying to sell the shoes for double the price.   maybe it's just me but im not letting that ride out and if im with a few people it's in his best interest to sell my pair to me for retail. 

You willing to put your life and/or your friends lives at risk over this??...not worth it.

but your already doing it by sleeping days in the street arent you? also just getting one pair it putting your life at risk depending on where you live. 

most i ever waited was 4 hours and that was back in 2001 for the columbia xi release and i did the method i mentioned on here and got my pair that wednesday and wore em to school sucessfully

again personally im not the type of dude to cry about a messed up situation like most niketalkers are but im not a sore loser either.

if the person in front of me picked up a pair and wanted to resell em thats his right to,  i have a problem when a person buys numerous pairs to resell at the expense of others, in that situation i will do something about it.

bottom line is they are freakin sneakers; NOT THAT SERIOUS
If you can't get the Galaxy Foams will it really kill you to settle for a pair of the red ones or yellow ones recently released?

Originally Posted by StillIn729

If you can't get the Galaxy Foams will it really kill you to settle for a pair of the red ones or yellow ones recently released?
Yes. I'm an aspiring astronomer.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

This.  I still think reselling by buying up like 10-20 pairs to create an artificial shortage of the product is wrong though. 

I'm out of this so-called "game" anyways because of the price hikes. 

Rex Ryan
laugh.gif
I'm sure he picks people carefully. Big or small anyone can pull a trigger. Just remember that. Yea shoes aren't that serious but approaching someone like that you just made it that serious.

it is getting really crazy
the Nike Flight Ones sold out?!?! 
laugh.gif

you can't get anything anymore w/o lines or hype; 5 years ago they would sit on store shelves and probably go on sale 

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Damn, the Flight Ones sold out too? Those were the only shoe I kinda wanted.
they weren't even that popular of a shoe they were 2nd and 3rd fiddle to the Penny's and Foams
hype is at an all time high; I liked those Galaxy All Star Flight Ones but hell if I pay $300+ for a $120 shoe

is it really gonna hirt nike to have pre orders like 1 month in advance to everyone can get their pairs and stop trsellers. people getting hurt over shoes... cmon nike really?!?!

Well yeah things are getting wild. Ive just about chosen to make my own shoes on NIKE ID. Miss a shoe, oh well. Money for something else.

Nike needs to take notice of this craziness though.

I'm really surprised nobody has posted the chain letter (which isn't true, and if you believe it you are an idiot) about the CEO of Nike speaking and saying they are ending campouts and no longer going to allow people to sell shoes online (because that is possible)
**edit here it is**

NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS I AM JUST POSTING IT, YOU SHOULD SEE THE CLOWNS WHO REALLY BELIEVE IT 
laugh.gif

[h6]
For all of you who haven’t heard, the CEO of Nike just went public on Fox News. He stated he is sorry for all of the problems that were caused by the release of the galaxy shoe pack. Because of the problems all of you hypes caused, all camp outs will be banned starting monday. Nike is no longer releasing shoes in the morning. They are releasing them a time during the day, and there will be no camping during the day. They are making a system to work that out. If you are caught camping at the mall the first time, you will be asked to leave. If you are caught camping out the second time you will be detained. Also they are banning sneaker sales on Ebay.com, Amazon.com, Facebook.com, and many more websites. They are working with all of these companies to stop the classic buy and sell of sneakers. It is happening in almost every city in America. Orlando is even thinking about banning the sales of nike sneakers. So Thank you, all of the hypes that hyped up the galaxy pack, The shoe game is basically over and will change forever as soon as Nike makes these changes.
[/h6]

Welcome to Marketing 101. This limited shoe is driving sales across all Nike divisions. And it will continue to drive sales for the rest of 2012. I wish that I was on the corporate side of the ago business.

Originally Posted by BOOMshipit

is it really gonna hirt nike to have pre orders like 1 month in advance to everyone can get their pairs and stop trsellers. people getting hurt over shoes... cmon nike really?!?!

then there will just be a big line/campout for the preorder

Back
Top Bottom