So who is out there today hustling those legend blue 11 tickets while we got teens making 72 mil?

He’s the teen wolf of Wall Street.

A kid from Queens has made tens of millions of dollars — by trading stocks on his lunch breaks at Stuyvesant High School, New York magazine reports in its Monday issue.

Mohammed Islam is only 17 and still months away from graduating — but worth a rumored $72 million. “The high eight figures,” is as specific as the shy and modest teen would get when asked his net worth.

Islam bought himself a BMW but doesn’t have a license to drive it. And he rented a Manhattan apartment, though his parents, immigrants from the Bengal region of South Asia, won’t let him move out of the house yet.

Still, the cherubic prodigy is living, and dreaming, large.

“What makes the world go round?” Islam asked in the interview, explaining his preference for trading and investment over startups. “Money. If money is not flowing, if businesses don’t keep going, there’s no innovation, no products, no investments, no growth, no jobs.”

Islam and a pair of other young, Wall Street wolf-cub buddies eat regularly at hot spot Morimoto, where they enjoy $400 caviar and fresh-squeezed apple juice.

They hope to start a hedge fund in June, after Islam turns 18 and can get his broker-dealer license.

“Mo’s our maestro,” one of the kids explained.

The three pals intend to make a billion dollars by next year. All while attending college. “But it’s not just about the money,” Islam told the mag, which ranked his spectacular success story as No. 12 in its 10th annual “Reasons to Love New York” issue.

“We want to create a brotherhood. Like, all of us who are connected, who are in something together, who have influence.

‘We want to create a brotherhood… who are connected, who are in something together, who have influence.’
- Mohammed Islam

“Like the Koch brothers,” he added, referring to sibling oil magnates Charles and David, worth $40 billion each.

Islam’s biggest inspiration, though, is Paul Tudor Jones, a billionaire hedge-funder and private asset manager from Connecticut who ranks as 108th-richest American, according to Forbes.

Battered by losses, Jones would jump back in the game again and again. It was a lesson Islam found instructive when, while dabbling in penny stocks at age 9, he lost a chunk of the money he’d made tutoring. Islam swore off trading, realizing, “I didn’t have the balls for it,” he said.

Fortunately, he turned to studying modern finance, reading up on the titans of trading and ultimately finding inspiration in Jones. “I had been paralyzed by my loss,” Islam remembered of his 9-year-old self.

“But [Jones] was able to go back to it, even after losing thousands of dollars over and over,” he said.

And while Islam still needs to rely on dad to chauffeur him on inspirational drives past the magnate’s Greenwich mansion, he’s quick to quote from the guru whom he credits with getting him back in the game and making him “who I am today.”

“Paul Tudor Jones says, ‘You learn more from your losses than from your gains.’ ”

http://nypost.com/2014/12/14/stuyvesant-hs-student-nets-72m-on-the-stock-market/

Yeah I'm doing something wrong.

Dudes were waiting outside the mall since 10pm lastnight for a ticket for next wks shoes. **** that.

I question the legitimacy of this. What is he trading? Where is his p&l to prove this? Is he manipulating the OTC market with his friends? Is he trading options? Article was written very lazily. Someone making that much money in the market would've been a big figurehead on Twitter or in a chat room. Btw it seems illogical he's making money on his lunch break when on average that's the slowest time for the market.

Last edited:
I question the legitimacy of this. What is he trading? Where is his p&l to prove this? Is he manipulating the OTC market with his friends? Is he trading options? Article was written very lazily. Someone making that much money in the market would've been a big figurehead on Twitter or in a chat room.

Yea, I had some questions while reading it earlier today. For a teen, supposedly worth 72m, banking off of stocks...I would have thought the article would have been a little more in-depth. But it's the post....so, who knows about the legitimacy of all of this :lol:

I question the legitimacy of this. What is he trading? Where is his p&l to prove this? Is he manipulating the OTC market with his friends? Is he trading options? Article was written very lazily. Someone making that much money in the market would've been a big figurehead on Twitter or in a chat room. Btw it seems illogical he's making money on his lunch break when on average that's the slowest time for the market.

http://www.businessinsider.com/20-u...es-to-trade-oil-and-gold-futures-these-days-4

I question the legitimacy of this. What is he trading? Where is his p&l to prove this? Is he manipulating the OTC market with his friends? Is he trading options? Article was written very lazily. Someone making that much money in the market would've been a big figurehead on Twitter or in a chat room.

Yea, I had some questions while reading it earlier today. For a teen, supposedly worth 72m, banking off of stocks...I would have thought the article would have been a little more in-depth. But it's the post....so, who knows about the legitimacy of all of this :lol:
Post is a special publication. I'm not doubting someone his age could make a killing since I see kids 18-23 doing really well but even the best traders in the world don't make up to that much money in as short a span as this kid apparently does. I know a 23 year old high school dropout that makes on average 10-20 grand a day, so it isn't impossible to say a youngin is crushing it but how is he making this much? What's he trading? He's really going on his lunch break during the lull and crushing a market that's barely moving? Is he piggybacking off institutional order flow? Very poorly written article that has me very weary.

http://www.businessinsider.com/20-u...es-to-trade-oil-and-gold-futures-these-days-4
You could make some serious bank on futures no denying that but im still weary. Someone making that much dough wouldn't be this quiet. And you can't go in there out of nowhere on your lunch break and make crazy bank. Let's say he sets a bracket order in that short time period he's likely to risk 2-4 points to make that same amount. He's either trading stupid size w insane leverage or this isn't a very legitimate story.

You could make some serious bank on futures no denying that but im still weary. Someone making that much dough wouldn't be this quiet. And you can't go in there out of nowhere on your lunch break and make crazy bank. Let's say he sets a bracket order in that short time period he's likely to risk 2-4 points to make that same amount. He's either trading stupid size w insane leverage or this isn't a very legitimate story.

Article doesn't say much but who's to say he doesn't have investors. He does go to Stuy some rich kids do go to that school so maybe he networked. I don't think he is doing it on his lunch break either. Even if he didn't make 72 mil I'm sure he is doing well.

You legally can't have investors without being licensed.

You legally can't do a lot of things but when did that stop anyone....cmon now lol

You out of all people should know people in finance world don't play fair or legal.
true. I'm not doubting his ability to trade Im sure he's doing well for himself but my beef is with the article and the shoddy journalism/lack of information present. There's no screenshot of his p&l no mention of any killer trades. Like oil's gotten crushed so you would think he's banked on the oil futures dying so where's the mention of that? It just seems like a poorly written story that has me weary and that's where my beef lies.

Last edited:
To get back on topic, this is how people should be hustling instead of sitting outside to make 40 bucks on a pair of shoes. Save your bread, dedicate a year or two to learning how to trade and just make some real money long term. You ain't a hustler homie if you're spending 200 bucks and 20 hours of your life to make 40.

I wish I had this type of knowledge. Or luck. Or both. Guess I should start somewhere.
It legit takes at least a year. The biggest takeaway is risk management and keeping emotions in check. Start on paper or simulator first for at least six months then ease your way slowly with real money. The key is to build up positive habits and learn from your mistakes. Keep your losses small and don't get emotional.

It legit takes at least a year. The biggest takeaway is risk management and keeping emotions in check. Start on paper or simulator first for at least six months then ease your way slowly with real money. The key is to build up positive habits and learn from your mistakes. Keep your losses small and don't get emotional.

Yeah me and a friend invested in penny stocks right out of high school it didn't end well. I broke even he lost good chunk. I don't do penny stocks anymore. I have money invested in other stuff but seriously thinking about getting back into it.

Back
Top Bottom