Sober 2016

You have pdfs or tips that you folks do to help people?
i think the simplest advice that i can give is this: if you're suffering from a chronic drug/alcohol addiction, the first thing to do is to stop using. the key to staying stopped is to continually work on seeking out and trying to reach your true potential in life. if you're actively working on achieving your full potential, the need to drink or drug will fall away.

I used to binge drink in college and right after in my early 20s but have slowed down considerably the last couple years. I only go out drinking twice a month now and I only get tipsy at most. I rarely ever puked from drinking but I used to black out way too easily, thankfully nothing ever happened to me and I smartened up to reduce my drinking intake. My buddy from college who's been a heavy drinker since 16 just got liver cancer at 30 SMH. It was caught in its early stages though and was successfully removed without any complications. Still scary as **** to think about.

Last edited:
I used to binge drink in college and right after in my early 20s but have slowed down considerably the last couple years. I only go out drinking twice a month now and I only get tipsy at most. I rarely ever puked from drinking but I used to black out way too easily, thankfully nothing ever happened to me and I smartened up to reduce my drinking intake. My buddy from college who's been a heavy drinker since 16 just got liver cancer at 30 SMH. It was caught in its early stages though and was successfully removed without any complications. Still scary as **** to think about.

how did they detect?

what do u consider heavy?

Daily drinker/weed smoker with absolutely no desire to quit checking in.

I drink about 2-3 beers a day, on average.  Smoke a bowl or two when I get home from work, maybe a few more on the weekends.  I've had maybe 4 hangovers in the past year, never throw up or black out from drinking, and never let it interfere with my education/professional life/personal life.  There were points in my life where I stopped cold turkey on both for extended periods of time, but it was mostly just to test myself/take a break.  These times were important and they helped me shape my perspective on drug/alcohol use.  

At this point in time I can honestly say I love weed and beer.  I love them so much that I never want to have to give them up. Therefore I make conscious efforts toward moderation. I keep my intake in check, I know when to cut myself off, and never make either a priority in my life.  It's something to do when the day's work is done, and it's something that you treat with respect. 

Last edited:

Daily drinker/weed smoker with absolutely no desire to quit checking in.

I drink about 2-3 beers a day, on average.  Smoke a bowl or two when I get home from work, maybe a few more on the weekends.  I've had maybe 4 hangovers in the past year, never throw up or black out from drinking, and never let it interfere with my education/professional life/personal life.  There were points in my life where I stopped cold turkey on both for extended periods of time, but it was mostly just to test myself/take a break.  These times were important and they helped me shape my perspective on drug/alcohol use.  

At this point in time I can honestly say I love weed and beer.  I love them so much that I never want to have to give them up.  I keep my intake in check, I know when to cut myself off, and never make either a priority in my life.  It's something to do when the day's work is done, and it's something that you treat with respect. 
I feel it.

yesterday was my 4th month being clean. Had to drop out of the kaiser program as I moved and it was a huge hassle to get there, but I still attend meetings 4-5 times a week., and still see my therapist from kaiser monthly, I def appreciate the sessions. Some days are better than others that's for sure. I haven't seen anybody or hung out since I got clean, just not ready or there yet.

yesterday was my 4th month being clean. Had to drop out of the kaiser program as I moved and it was a huge hassle to get there, but I still attend meetings 4-5 times a week., and still see my therapist from kaiser monthly, I def appreciate the sessions. Some days are better than others that's for sure. I haven't seen anybody or hung out since I got clean, just not ready or there yet.
Congrats my dude. 

^Good stuff. +1
A couple days ago was my 8th month being sober
glasses.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll try to go for as long as I can fambs. Went from feb-october last year. Doing lent again this year. All of my bros are too lit tho lol. Had a BBQ last wknd, mad chicks, mad liq, I was the only one not drinking outta like 20+ people there :lol:. Gotta stay strong though :smokin

Man, props to all. I can't seem to stop for a long period of time at all. AT all. Trying again and again, tho. 
I was about to ask what's the longest you're gone? Don't ever stop trying.

I'll try to go for as long as I can fambs. Went from feb-october last year. Doing lent again this year. All of my bros are too lit tho lol. Had a BBQ last wknd, mad chicks, mad liq, I was the only one not drinking outta like 20+ people there :lol:. Gotta stay strong though :smokin
Bruh! That's about 8 months, don't jynx me!!! hahaha.

I stayed sober after Ramadan last year so you remind me of what I'm doing rn.

Last edited:
Congrats my dude. 
Thanks

^Good stuff. +1
A couple days ago was my 8th month being sober 8)
Thanks and congrats to you man

Man, props to all. I can't seem to stop for a long period of time at all. AT all. Trying again and again, tho. 

I can't either, keep on trying though bro. this is my first time doing the whole rehab thing instead of just saying I can stop at anytime, I don't want it to be a trend with this, that's why I just isolate myself from people and other outside influences, until I feel like I can go over someones house and just hangout without being tempted. The people that do know have committed to not drinking or smoking herb when I do decide I want to chill(feel bad because I didn't ask them to do that, and I don;t want them thinking they can't do it because I'm around) I just know I'm the one with the problem and it shouldn't hinder people who don't. I feel bad because my boy of over 10 years(longtime drinking party buddy) said he and his lady are ready to have us over whenever(he lives in LA, I live in norcal) he supports me and texts me to check in regularly, which is coo, but he works for bevmo and pretty much has an endless supply of anything and everything, even stuff thats not out yet. I know he means well, but I have to tell him I can't stay with him anymore, and make it sound less offensive, because it really isn't him at all it's me. He's going to think I'm crazy too because he moved like a 10 minute walk to disneyland :smh: and my wife and I are gonna be in a hotel. Even writing this makes me get a flash of us just walking with tall cans to Disneyland like it's nothing :smh:,
that's when I know I'm making the right decision

bars and parties are def a no no for sure. People sometimes don't really know how to process it either and that requires so much patience, that's more than half the reason I'm isolating myself. I had my wife's old coworker(someone that is def a drinking buddy when we hung out and he threw wild house parties) send me a shirt that basically promoted a brewery, I told my wife I wasn't wearing that and just threw it out. He also said something like "man he's going to meetings and rehab willingly???? more power to him!"
which is dumb because he got me that shirt with the knowledge that I'm getting sober now :smh:. It seems small I know but the whole thing had me heated.

My wife leaving town to go to my sister in laws(her brothers wife) baby shower. I'm not going because my sister in law(her sister) is going, and we always got plastered even when the occassion had nothing to do with drinking(movies, family gatherings etc.) We'd always be the only ones too. She's caused me the most pain as she has known about this since the beginning, she's actually the first to know and saw me at my worst. I considered my closest friend(besides my wife of course) but whenever she sees me she doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I'm in recovery, like it just doesn't exist to her. She's the only one I've told who just doesn't ask me how I'm doing, and I've been there for her countless times, like real friend times. Everyone says(group,therapist, wife) just says she is like that because if we do talk about it she might think I'm going to try to "convert her" or she might realize she has her own problem and I totally get that and I'm not even in the slightest trying to do that...but it still hurts. The last time we talked one on one(in january) she basically told me how she got plastered NYE in the city, then went to her mans house and partied with his mom, told me all the drinks she had, drugs she took, all that :smh: stuff you don't want to hear if you are me right now(holidays were the toughest part) I just straight up told my wife, I can't deal with that right now, I'm taking myself out of everyones equations until I figure stuff out for myself.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I needed to throw my thoughts out there because I always feel better about it and it takes the edge off, instead of turning to a bottle or some herb

Last edited:
Been popping pills for a couple months now. Don't think I'm addicted just think I'm use to it.

Gotta try to stay sober because of my new job. It's crazy that I'm around people and they don't even know I do it. **** I'm on it when I'm with them.

How much alcohol a day and how many years of drinking will cause cirrhosis of the liver

Bruh know cats ouchea drinkin burnetts

And that other new vodka thats cheap as hell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom