SoCal NTers: Fill us in.. how crazy is LA right now?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

shoulda went

some decent kicks
I can't lie.. I know it sucks, but they had some size 13's I wouldn't mind having...
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gregory House

eek.gif
People have no morals at all. How the #%%$ you going to break everything you see because your team just won a damn championship.

A championship is not that serious.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

REALTALKAZ wrote:

The main reason why black people are looked at the way we are....over doing it always really not even funny in the least bit................since when is stealing whats up ...atleast the white homie is smart enough to cover his face
indifferent.gif

Man I know you see all them Mexicans in that 1st picture

They look salvadorian to me
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Civilization is a thin veil easily torn to shreds when people are given an excuse to behave like the animals they really are.

QFT !!

I am not even sure if we (NYC) would riot over a championship .... Well maybe so, there would be some crime, but not a riot.

Nope, the city was fine when the Giants won the Superbowl. I don't know what it'd be like it the Knicks or Mets won though.

only the knicks winning the title can bring this out in ny....nothing else

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

The main reason why black people are looked at the way we are....over doing it always really not even funny in the least bit................since when is stealing whats up ...atleast the white homie is smart enough to cover his face

Exactly...youre talking about LA

Trying to pin this on us black folk
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Absolutely inexcusable! These idiots that riot and procalim to be Laker fans don't even know crap about the sport.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I never understood why people rioted and +*@* when there's a win. I could understand partying in the streets, but rioting makes no sense. Especially breaking into stores and +*@*
This is why I didn't go to L.A. Live. Same thing as from the 3peat Dynasty...drunk dudes can't act, word to rap concerts.

Originally Posted by reeeem0

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

Exactly...youre talking about LA

Trying to pin this on us black folk
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
Yeah. The 'homies' were the reason why they stopped showing away games during the Finals at Staples last year. Fights broke out insidebetween some of them so they just canceled it.

I don't approve of all that nonsense - if anything destroy all them cop cars and bikes
devil.gif

Anyways, it feels good to be champs
pimp.gif

^ Real mature there
indifferent.gif

http://latimesblogs.latim...09/06/sneaker-store.html
[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/sneaker-store.html[/h1]
[h1]Owner of looted sneaker store surveys post-Lakers-victory damage[/h1]
12:12 PM | June 15, 2009

At the Holy Grail, a vintage sneakers store around the block from Staples Center, owner Richard Torres appeared exhausted from staying up all night after revelers ransacked his shop after the Lakers' victory.

Torres was watching the Lakers' game Sunday night at his father's house in Corona when he saw images of the civil unrest on the TV news. He recognized the intersection of Pico Boulevard and Flower Street, where his store is located. Torres and his girlfriend, who works as the manager, jumped into their car and headed downtown.

About fifteen minutes later, their security company called, saying the store alarm had been triggered. When they arrived less than an hour after the game had ended, shoe boxes were scattered all over the block. Some shoes had been lit on fire and thrown down the street.

Torres and his girlfriend entered through the back door and saw the storage room all but empty. Fewer than 20 pairs of shoes were left out of 800 pairs they had in stock. The floor was littered with receipts, price tags, tissue paper and crumpled-up shoe boxes.

Torres' eyes grew teary at the sight. Neighbors told them the revelers had gone to the back of the store, and pulled and pulled at the white metal door until it broke open, all the while chanting: "We want shoes, we want shoes." Glass display cases had been shattered. Two computers, cash, sunglasses and hats were also looted.

"It makes me not want to be a basketball fan," Torres said, adding that he opened the store near the Staples Center in November 2007 because he was a fan and thought the post-game crowd would be the right clientele for his consignment sneakers.

He hand-picked a dark gray for the interior, lined the walls with plastic replicas of Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis House design and put up lighting so his shoes would be visible even when the store was closed. He tried to be at the shop after Lakers' games and had employees spin records on DJ equipment in the back.

Torres said he regrets not having been at the store Sunday night but knows he could have been hurt if he had been there.

"I thought it would be a whole different reaction" to the Lakers' victory, he said. "Usually after the games we get a real positive response."

Torres estimated his loss at $140,000. He expected his insurance would cover it but noted that some of the vintage sneakers were irreplaceable. He said he hopes to reopen The Holy Grail by the end of the week.

This morning, police arrested a man and a woman who live in a loft in the building after finding six boxes of shoes in their apartment.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

holy-grail-looted-2.jpg

indifferent.gif
Who took the pix? News crew? Mad kicks going to be on ISS and eBay now. I feel the for business owners, smh.

It's sad that this is the only time when Hispanisc, and Black people can coexist with each other.
smh.gif

To cause chaos.

I saw a few white people in there, but they are not the main ones in the pictures.

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

i woulda got that shoe store man. i would have had about 5 g's in shoes.
laugh.gif

And yet you go in the Laker threads to hate Kobe because he's what? A criminal?

Back
Top Bottom