** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

Completely disagree with the black boots arguement.

As dumb as it sounds colorful cleats give you more confidence. I remember being a kid getting my first pair of Mercurial Match Vapor's in silver. I thought i was a soccer god lol.

Let the kids wear what they want. It may be a different story with the academy's because they are chosen to play there and kept there, not sure if it's under contract or not, but if they are then they can be made to wear black cleats. But I still think they should have a choice.

Completely disagree with the black boots arguement.

As dumb as it sounds colorful cleats give you more confidence. I remember being a kid getting my first pair of Mercurial Match Vapor's in silver. I thought i was a soccer god lol.

Let the kids wear what they want. It may be a different story with the academy's because they are chosen to play there and kept there, not sure if it's under contract or not, but if they are then they can be made to wear black cleats. But I still think they should have a choice.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Brah I don't care what anybody says, WE WERE soccer God's in them original chrome vapors.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Brah I don't care what anybody says, WE WERE soccer God's in them original chrome vapors.

When i played in my ronaldo mercurials back in the day, i KNEW i was Ronaldo and thought i could do anything. Same goes for Jordans...

When i played in my ronaldo mercurials back in the day, i KNEW i was Ronaldo and thought i could do anything. Same goes for Jordans...

New adipower Predator

adidas_Predator_2011_640.jpg

^disappointed that kaka switched back from the adipure to the predator. the debut colorway looks particularly bad with the los blancos kit. i wonder if/when adidas will release a beckham PE for sale to the general public as they have for so long.
a3226d06224561d1984231dc0751a3c3d9d45f30_r.jpg

i finally got my adipure IV SG's in from the UK this past week - it's a beautiful boot that has great feel, although it's on the heavy side (i felt like i put slippers on when i switched back to my CTR elites at halftime). we're getting rain all this week in the northeast, so it'll be nice to see how they perform on a soggy field.

also, chelsea wore their 2011/12 jerseys yesterday for their final game at stamford bridge. i definitely don't hate chelsea, but i thought it was a pretty tasteless PR gimmick to sell more shirts. not sure if a team's ever done that before.
f8626fc6f5404162916271d375b98d9e16afbe09_r.jpg

(lampard continues to wear the adipure)

^disappointed that kaka switched back from the adipure to the predator. the debut colorway looks particularly bad with the los blancos kit. i wonder if/when adidas will release a beckham PE for sale to the general public as they have for so long.
a3226d06224561d1984231dc0751a3c3d9d45f30_r.jpg

i finally got my adipure IV SG's in from the UK this past week - it's a beautiful boot that has great feel, although it's on the heavy side (i felt like i put slippers on when i switched back to my CTR elites at halftime). we're getting rain all this week in the northeast, so it'll be nice to see how they perform on a soggy field.

also, chelsea wore their 2011/12 jerseys yesterday for their final game at stamford bridge. i definitely don't hate chelsea, but i thought it was a pretty tasteless PR gimmick to sell more shirts. not sure if a team's ever done that before.

Originally Posted by riphamilton

Thats not unusual.

Dortmund wore their new kit already too.

da-silva_caio-1305383593.jpg

Thats not unusual.

Dortmund wore their new kit already too.

da-silva_caio-1305383593.jpg

I know we've seen pictures for a while, but it looks like these are officially the new Barcelona 2011-12 Home Kit. Qatar Foundation on the front, UNICEF on the lower back
FC-Barcelona-2011-2012-Nike-Home-Shirt.jpg

FC-Barcelona-2011-2012-Nike-Home-Shirt-back.jpg

FC-Barcelona-2012-Home-Shirt-colar.jpg

FC-Barcelona-2012-Home-Shirt-colar-back.jpg

I think the black/red adiPower is quite nice
adidas_2D00_adipower_2D00_Predator_2D00_BlackRed_2D00_Tech3.jpg

They look great when Berbatov wears them.
Dimitar+Berbatov+Blackburn+Rovers+v+Manchester+Xvw7D_-kkeKl.jpg

It's not Chelsea who's being tasteless, it's Adidas. They had Milan wear their new kit as well.
Robinho+AC+Milan+v+Cagliari+Calcio+Serie+snyS1gUV8sTl.jpg

I know we've seen pictures for a while, but it looks like these are officially the new Barcelona 2011-12 Home Kit. Qatar Foundation on the front, UNICEF on the lower back
FC-Barcelona-2011-2012-Nike-Home-Shirt.jpg

FC-Barcelona-2011-2012-Nike-Home-Shirt-back.jpg

FC-Barcelona-2012-Home-Shirt-colar.jpg

FC-Barcelona-2012-Home-Shirt-colar-back.jpg

I think the black/red adiPower is quite nice
adidas_2D00_adipower_2D00_Predator_2D00_BlackRed_2D00_Tech3.jpg

They look great when Berbatov wears them.
Dimitar+Berbatov+Blackburn+Rovers+v+Manchester+Xvw7D_-kkeKl.jpg

It's not Chelsea who's being tasteless, it's Adidas. They had Milan wear their new kit as well.

riphamilton wrote:It's not Chelsea who's being tasteless, it's Adidas. They had Milan wear their new kit as well.

No.Some clubs are doing it.It's at least in the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga not unusual.
Bayern adidas
Dortmund Kappa
Karlsruhe Nike

riphamilton wrote:It's not Chelsea who's being tasteless, it's Adidas. They had Milan wear their new kit as well.

No.Some clubs are doing it.It's at least in the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga not unusual.
Bayern adidas
Dortmund Kappa
Karlsruhe Nike

Interesting, I don't really understand the strategy. Won't it leave them with excess 2010-2011 kits that won't be sold?

And I just remembered, isn't Arsenal supposed to wear their new kit in one of their upcoming matches?

Interesting, I don't really understand the strategy. Won't it leave them with excess 2010-2011 kits that won't be sold?

And I just remembered, isn't Arsenal supposed to wear their new kit in one of their upcoming matches?

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

But how is it tasteless? I don't get it I swear sometimes people get on these clubs and corporations for no reason at all. 

But how is it tasteless? I don't get it I swear sometimes people get on these clubs and corporations for no reason at all. 

I would assume they made the experience , such an "appetizer" would boost sales.
The 2010/2011 kits are already sold.If the new kits are available next week in the fanshops, they will fly off shelves.
I don't know about the Premier-League but the Bundesliga ist at least different to La Liga.
We'll get every two years a new jersey but ech in different years.
We (Schalke) in 2010 the home jersey for 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 and this year the away shirt for 2011/2012 and 2012/2013.

I would assume they made the experience , such an "appetizer" would boost sales.
The 2010/2011 kits are already sold.If the new kits are available next week in the fanshops, they will fly off shelves.
I don't know about the Premier-League but the Bundesliga ist at least different to La Liga.
We'll get every two years a new jersey but ech in different years.
We (Schalke) in 2010 the home jersey for 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 and this year the away shirt for 2011/2012 and 2012/2013.

I was under the impression Man U was unveiling the new kit at Wembley, But apparently Barca gets to wear there home? Meh, I like the CL aways though. gives me an excuse to really buy one now lol.

I was under the impression Man U was unveiling the new kit at Wembley, But apparently Barca gets to wear there home? Meh, I like the CL aways though. gives me an excuse to really buy one now lol.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

hmmm i'd bet against nike unveiling the new kits in such a big fixture, although you would have a couple billion people looking at the new kit and saying "i need that!" (if they did it for the blackpool match i wouldn't be shocked).... UEFA lists the final as 'barcelona v man united', so the unis should be identical to the 2009 final (barcelona in their home strip, united in the white top and white shorts).

the new barca jersey has been on ebay forever, but the name/number font isn't out yet, so i've held off on buying it. i hated the mint away kit at the start of the season, but i've grown to love it - especially with the mint shorts that they wore at levante when they clinched la liga.... i need those shorts!

c0b36d716c544b2c13599bf721bcd3da9a843b44_r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom