** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

16k2s87.jpg

ny5lc9.jpg

These grow on me every time I see them. When I see them in person it might be a wrap.

i don't follow soccer so i wanted to ask, do a lot of players wear bright colored cleats that don't match any of their teams colors?
it definitely catches your eye but it looks weird when you see them in their uniform with contrasting colors.

i don't follow soccer so i wanted to ask, do a lot of players wear bright colored cleats that don't match any of their teams colors?
it definitely catches your eye but it looks weird when you see them in their uniform with contrasting colors.

Yes it's not really standard at all to coordinate your cleats with your uniform in pro soccer.

I've always been one to rock loud *!% cleats ever since the early Mercurial Vapor days. If my cleats stick out then I stick out, plus you never know who is watching.

Yes it's not really standard at all to coordinate your cleats with your uniform in pro soccer.

I've always been one to rock loud *!% cleats ever since the early Mercurial Vapor days. If my cleats stick out then I stick out, plus you never know who is watching.

About to buy the new red U.S.A. jersey and I was wondering what the difference between the Authentic and the regular jersey ?

About to buy the new red U.S.A. jersey and I was wondering what the difference between the Authentic and the regular jersey ?

^^^ The authentic will be a more exact cut or sport cut for athletes and would look kind of funny if you are just wearing casually. The best comparison would be the French WC jerseys where they have the authentic parachute vs the replica that is more of a t-shirt fit.You can also compare the new authentic Brazil jerseys as they are both Nike kits.

^^^ The authentic will be a more exact cut or sport cut for athletes and would look kind of funny if you are just wearing casually. The best comparison would be the French WC jerseys where they have the authentic parachute vs the replica that is more of a t-shirt fit.You can also compare the new authentic Brazil jerseys as they are both Nike kits.

Yea, the authentic shirts have a bit of a tighter fit, and they have the ventilation holes along the sides.

Brazil's authentic is a bit different from every other Nike authentic, in that it has waffle mesh along the shoulders and no holes along the side, but the cut is about the same.

Yea, the authentic shirts have a bit of a tighter fit, and they have the ventilation holes along the sides.

Brazil's authentic is a bit different from every other Nike authentic, in that it has waffle mesh along the shoulders and no holes along the side, but the cut is about the same.

anyone here have the carbon fiber mercurials from a few years back??
my friend has a pair of the actual limited ones so i'm curious if theyre as rare as he says, and im' thinking about copping a pair of the "economical" style that's cheaper so pics would be great. thanks

anyone here have the carbon fiber mercurials from a few years back??
my friend has a pair of the actual limited ones so i'm curious if theyre as rare as he says, and im' thinking about copping a pair of the "economical" style that's cheaper so pics would be great. thanks

Chelsea 2011/2012 Home Kit
otdbn8.jpg

w6s61l.jpg

n4dq4h.jpg

29458if.png

15cm2pl.jpg

20ihea.png

13zv9m8.jpg

2ufedc6.png
24q7mns.png

Goalie Shirt
2ilzhxu.jpg

Rumored Third Kit
28gv76d.jpg

Umbro Geometra Pro, think of it as Umbro's CTR360
314du6h.png

10ictwj.png

xb0n49.png

121uz4x.png

21b2ou9.png

Chelsea 2011/2012 Home Kit
otdbn8.jpg

w6s61l.jpg

n4dq4h.jpg

29458if.png

15cm2pl.jpg

20ihea.png

13zv9m8.jpg

2ufedc6.png
24q7mns.png

Goalie Shirt
2ilzhxu.jpg

Rumored Third Kit
28gv76d.jpg

Umbro Geometra Pro, think of it as Umbro's CTR360
314du6h.png

10ictwj.png

xb0n49.png

121uz4x.png

21b2ou9.png

great read in the daily mail (UK) today about how almost nobody wears traditional black boots anymore

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ootball/article-1377003/

a few academies are forcing their kids to wear all black, which imo is a good idea. i can't stand benchwarmers wearing superflys, and we all know that defenders like to headhunt flashy players - wearing flashy boots only makes that worse.

But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce says young players should earn the right to wear coloured boots, and supports the policy adopted by his club's academy directors, Ged McNamee and Kevin Ball, which insists parents buy only black.
Bruce's views are echoed by Sir Alex Ferguson at United, where academy graduates are given black Nike boots with studs and no blades. Middlesbrough have a similar arrangement with adidas and Everton also apply a black boots policy at their academy.

i suppose this means that all united academy kids wear tiempos (the only nike boot without blades, unless they wear metal.... or get custom soleplates haha).

In a national survey of seven-to-12-year-olds, 74 per cent of young players revealed they wore non-black boots to play football.

meanwhile, here's the new edition of the CR7 safari (i doubt cristiano wore the cookies and cream SFIII for even 10 games before switching to the newer colorways, so these will probably be disco'd right after the UCL final if RM beats barca)....

277382176.jpg

great read in the daily mail (UK) today about how almost nobody wears traditional black boots anymore

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ootball/article-1377003/

a few academies are forcing their kids to wear all black, which imo is a good idea. i can't stand benchwarmers wearing superflys, and we all know that defenders like to headhunt flashy players - wearing flashy boots only makes that worse.

But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce says young players should earn the right to wear coloured boots, and supports the policy adopted by his club's academy directors, Ged McNamee and Kevin Ball, which insists parents buy only black.
Bruce's views are echoed by Sir Alex Ferguson at United, where academy graduates are given black Nike boots with studs and no blades. Middlesbrough have a similar arrangement with adidas and Everton also apply a black boots policy at their academy.

i suppose this means that all united academy kids wear tiempos (the only nike boot without blades, unless they wear metal.... or get custom soleplates haha).

In a national survey of seven-to-12-year-olds, 74 per cent of young players revealed they wore non-black boots to play football.

meanwhile, here's the new edition of the CR7 safari (i doubt cristiano wore the cookies and cream SFIII for even 10 games before switching to the newer colorways, so these will probably be disco'd right after the UCL final if RM beats barca)....

277382176.jpg

^^^ interesting insight.

also let's hope they get disco'd quick, need them for my season lol. How are Umbro's boots? those geometra really piqued my interest.

Although as a United fan, I hope Real get through because we have a better shot against them then Barca to get the Champs league silverware.

Anyone going to the United Tour games this summer?

^^^ interesting insight.

also let's hope they get disco'd quick, need them for my season lol. How are Umbro's boots? those geometra really piqued my interest.

Although as a United fan, I hope Real get through because we have a better shot against them then Barca to get the Champs league silverware.

Anyone going to the United Tour games this summer?

Arsenal 2011-2012 Home

Switched the neck/sleeve cuff colors so, and changed the socks to red. The biggest change is the mesh they're using around the shoulders, which is the same material used on the new Brazil kit.
Arsenal_5F00_Home_5F00_img_5F00_Main_5F00_Shirt.jpg

Arsenal_5F00_Home_5F00_img_5F00_Cesc_5F00_Large.jpg

Source: http://www.soccerbible.com/news/foo...anniversary-home-kit-nike-football-shirt.aspx

New Milan 2011-2012 Home
I'm not a fan of the solid red side inserts along the obliques, they should've just striped the whole shirt. Also, the adidas three stripes down the shoulders really kills the look. They need to stop placing their branding there, as I find it makes each shirt feel like they're cookie-cutter designs in addition to breaking up other visual elements. (For instance, it interrupts the black and red striping along the rest of the kit by not only being a different color--white--but also by running perpendicular to them.) It's why I think Nike's kits are always better. If the swoosh on the right breast is good enough for Nike, then the pyramid and text on the right breast should be good enough for adidas.
AC_5F00_Milan_5F00_Home_5F00_12_5F00_Main.jpg

AC_5F00_Milan_5F00_Home_5F00_12_5F00_Players.jpg

Source: http://www.soccerbible.com/news/football-shirts/archive/2011/05/02/ac-milan-home-kit-2011-2012-adidas-football-shirts.aspx

Arsenal 2011-2012 Home

Switched the neck/sleeve cuff colors so, and changed the socks to red. The biggest change is the mesh they're using around the shoulders, which is the same material used on the new Brazil kit.
Arsenal_5F00_Home_5F00_img_5F00_Main_5F00_Shirt.jpg

Arsenal_5F00_Home_5F00_img_5F00_Cesc_5F00_Large.jpg

Source: http://www.soccerbible.com/news/foo...anniversary-home-kit-nike-football-shirt.aspx

New Milan 2011-2012 Home
I'm not a fan of the solid red side inserts along the obliques, they should've just striped the whole shirt. Also, the adidas three stripes down the shoulders really kills the look. They need to stop placing their branding there, as I find it makes each shirt feel like they're cookie-cutter designs in addition to breaking up other visual elements. (For instance, it interrupts the black and red striping along the rest of the kit by not only being a different color--white--but also by running perpendicular to them.) It's why I think Nike's kits are always better. If the swoosh on the right breast is good enough for Nike, then the pyramid and text on the right breast should be good enough for adidas.
AC_5F00_Milan_5F00_Home_5F00_12_5F00_Main.jpg

AC_5F00_Milan_5F00_Home_5F00_12_5F00_Players.jpg

Source: http://www.soccerbible.com/news/football-shirts/archive/2011/05/02/ac-milan-home-kit-2011-2012-adidas-football-shirts.aspx

Arsenal have released a new kit which is made of up to 13 reclaimed plastic water bottles.
The kit has been produced to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the club's foundation.

The new home shirt features a bespoke crest. The 15 laurel leaves to its left correspond to the detail on the reverse side of the six-pence pieces paid by 15 men to establish the club in Woolwich back in 1886.

The 15 oak leaves to the right acknowledge the founders, who met in the local Royal Oak pub.

Underneath is one of the first recorded mottos related to the armament and battle - 'Forward' - with the anniversary dates of 1886 and 2011 on either side.

On the back of the shirt below the neck it says 'Arsenal', while on the inside - the back of the crest - you can read the words 'Victoria Concordia Crescit' ('Victory Through Harmony'), Arsenal's Latin motto which featured on earlier versions of their club crest between 1949 and 2002.

The garments are made from Nike's unique recycled polyester. Each complete kit is made of up to 13 reclaimed plastic water bottles and is 13 per cent lighter than previous kits, which Nike says "helps to quickly evaporate moisture by drawing through the fabric to the surface and keep players dry".

The sportswear giant uses discarded water bottles destined for landfill sites in Japan and Taiwan where they can take up to 500 years to decompose.

The bottles are placed in a large washing machine to clean them and get rid of labels before they are chopped into tiny flakes and melted down into a yarn that is ultimately spun to make the fabric for the jerseys.

Reports that Arsene Wenger personally tests the quality of each water bottle used by angrily kicking them on the sideline have been denied by the club.
roll.gif

Check out pics of the new kit below. Pictures courtesy of Arsenalpics.com and Nike

world_of_sport-761768045-1304422699.jpg

world_of_sport-944978353-1304434116.jpg

world_of_sport-653695260-1304422700.jpg
world_of_sport-23609406-1304422700.jpg
world_of_sport-268722558-1304434116.jpg
world_of_sport-220279096-1304422700.jpg
world_of_sport-75998251-1304434116.jpg

world_of_sport-872151035-1304434116.jpg

Arsenal have released a new kit which is made of up to 13 reclaimed plastic water bottles.
The kit has been produced to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the club's foundation.

The new home shirt features a bespoke crest. The 15 laurel leaves to its left correspond to the detail on the reverse side of the six-pence pieces paid by 15 men to establish the club in Woolwich back in 1886.

The 15 oak leaves to the right acknowledge the founders, who met in the local Royal Oak pub.

Underneath is one of the first recorded mottos related to the armament and battle - 'Forward' - with the anniversary dates of 1886 and 2011 on either side.

On the back of the shirt below the neck it says 'Arsenal', while on the inside - the back of the crest - you can read the words 'Victoria Concordia Crescit' ('Victory Through Harmony'), Arsenal's Latin motto which featured on earlier versions of their club crest between 1949 and 2002.

The garments are made from Nike's unique recycled polyester. Each complete kit is made of up to 13 reclaimed plastic water bottles and is 13 per cent lighter than previous kits, which Nike says "helps to quickly evaporate moisture by drawing through the fabric to the surface and keep players dry".

The sportswear giant uses discarded water bottles destined for landfill sites in Japan and Taiwan where they can take up to 500 years to decompose.

The bottles are placed in a large washing machine to clean them and get rid of labels before they are chopped into tiny flakes and melted down into a yarn that is ultimately spun to make the fabric for the jerseys.

Reports that Arsene Wenger personally tests the quality of each water bottle used by angrily kicking them on the sideline have been denied by the club.
roll.gif

Check out pics of the new kit below. Pictures courtesy of Arsenalpics.com and Nike

world_of_sport-761768045-1304422699.jpg

world_of_sport-944978353-1304434116.jpg

world_of_sport-653695260-1304422700.jpg
world_of_sport-23609406-1304422700.jpg
world_of_sport-268722558-1304434116.jpg
world_of_sport-220279096-1304422700.jpg
world_of_sport-75998251-1304434116.jpg

world_of_sport-872151035-1304434116.jpg

Back
Top Bottom