** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

Originally Posted by riphamilton

but this appears to literally be a new colorway under the guise of a new boot! weak effort at best.

When I saw teaser pics or snippets of the upcoming boot, I got a hard on and then saw the pre-orders on WSS and saw all the pics and was "what in the hell is this from Nike?!". I guess Nike thinks we're as stupid as the Jordan heads!

That black Mexico kit looks like a Germany away jersey without the green.

And even though we'd seen the new Superfly images for a while now, I thought Nike would actually have made some changes. As it stands now, the Superfly III is less different from the SFII than the SFII World Cup colorway.

That black Mexico kit looks like a Germany away jersey without the green.

And even though we'd seen the new Superfly images for a while now, I thought Nike would actually have made some changes. As it stands now, the Superfly III is less different from the SFII than the SFII World Cup colorway.

I am highly disappointed with the new Mexico kits
indifferent.gif
 .............But i will most likely get both, dont know how much longer Adidas is going to stick with these black Mexican jerseys.Now a brown jersey with the gold accents would have been way better instead of the black and gold....
grin.gif
 just saying.

I am highly disappointed with the new Mexico kits
indifferent.gif
 .............But i will most likely get both, dont know how much longer Adidas is going to stick with these black Mexican jerseys.Now a brown jersey with the gold accents would have been way better instead of the black and gold....
grin.gif
 just saying.

^couldn't agree with you more. the adizero is killing the lightweight market right now.... a player on my team literally gave away his CR7 superflys to another kid and switched to the adizeros (he had used the older F50 tunits before switching to the superfly).

i didn't think that there could be a "new" model released by nike that had fewer changes than the maestri I to the maestri II (the instep control pad design changed slightly and a swoosh was added to the toebox).... but this appears to literally be a new colorway under the guise of a new boot! weak effort at best.
Can't deny that Adidas is winning when it comes to speed boots right now but imo the Superfly II (SFI too) is still a great boot just overpriced.

I'm in the process of switching from Adizero's to Superfly II's and I actually prefer them so far. Definitely one of the better boots I've owned performance wise.

But yea, shame on Nike for the SFIII, I thought they would have at least dropped the price a little bit like they did with the Vapor VII.
30t6p3b.gif

^couldn't agree with you more. the adizero is killing the lightweight market right now.... a player on my team literally gave away his CR7 superflys to another kid and switched to the adizeros (he had used the older F50 tunits before switching to the superfly).

i didn't think that there could be a "new" model released by nike that had fewer changes than the maestri I to the maestri II (the instep control pad design changed slightly and a swoosh was added to the toebox).... but this appears to literally be a new colorway under the guise of a new boot! weak effort at best.
Can't deny that Adidas is winning when it comes to speed boots right now but imo the Superfly II (SFI too) is still a great boot just overpriced.

I'm in the process of switching from Adizero's to Superfly II's and I actually prefer them so far. Definitely one of the better boots I've owned performance wise.

But yea, shame on Nike for the SFIII, I thought they would have at least dropped the price a little bit like they did with the Vapor VII.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

30t6p3b.gif
I am hoping that when the SFIII's are offically released maybe i can get a sick discount on SFII's since it is basically the same boot (and by sick discount i mean maybe around 200-250).  To this day i regret not scooping SFI's in the white pink colorway.  One of the best looking boots ive seen in a while.

But why do you like the SF's better then the adizero's.  I just made the switch to adizero and ive been a loyal nike vapor wearer forever but the price of the new SF steered me away, and the weight of the adizero pulled me in. 

30t6p3b.gif
I am hoping that when the SFIII's are offically released maybe i can get a sick discount on SFII's since it is basically the same boot (and by sick discount i mean maybe around 200-250).  To this day i regret not scooping SFI's in the white pink colorway.  One of the best looking boots ive seen in a while.

But why do you like the SF's better then the adizero's.  I just made the switch to adizero and ive been a loyal nike vapor wearer forever but the price of the new SF steered me away, and the weight of the adizero pulled me in. 

Originally Posted by engoi

http://www.southamericanfootball.co.uk/files/articles.php?article_id=1200

Brazil star Robinho today filed a lawsuit at a Civil Court in Sao Paulo
attempting to break his multi-million pound contract with Nike.

Same was the case with Diego who now wears adidas.

hahah great find! "no PR is bad PR", but when you have a top endorser taking you to court because your boots are so bad and he doesn't want to wear them anymore, that's not a good thing.

it's nice in CT today, so i figured i'd do a little digging in order to get a group picture....

ba51676641189023d5e9637724b2f61858e3d8d4_r.jpg

L-R, top: zoom t-7 FS, elastico finale, T90 laser, CTR360 maestri (projectRED laces, which are terrible because they come untied easy), air zoom italia SG (c. 2000, full-length zoom insole!), T90 III (probably my least favorite)
bottom: T90 laser III WC elite (just copped last week!), CTR360 maestri WC elite (my current starter), tiempo legend elite, adipure III SG, AZT90 iD (my favorite of all time!), and alpha project (the 5 dots on the tongue) zooms

Brazil star Robinho today filed a lawsuit at a Civil Court in Sao Paulo
attempting to break his multi-million pound contract with Nike.

Same was the case with Diego who now wears adidas.

hahah great find! "no PR is bad PR", but when you have a top endorser taking you to court because your boots are so bad and he doesn't want to wear them anymore, that's not a good thing.

it's nice in CT today, so i figured i'd do a little digging in order to get a group picture....

ba51676641189023d5e9637724b2f61858e3d8d4_r.jpg

L-R, top: zoom t-7 FS, elastico finale, T90 laser, CTR360 maestri (projectRED laces, which are terrible because they come untied easy), air zoom italia SG (c. 2000, full-length zoom insole!), T90 III (probably my least favorite)
bottom: T90 laser III WC elite (just copped last week!), CTR360 maestri WC elite (my current starter), tiempo legend elite, adipure III SG, AZT90 iD (my favorite of all time!), and alpha project (the 5 dots on the tongue) zooms

Come on now that bit about Robinho is pure projection.

As for SFII vs Adizero, while I love my pair, I don't find the Adizero as suitable for everday wear and training as other boots. That 5.8 oz in weight is amazing but you pay for it in other areas. SFII provide better traction, stability and protection imo. Once they were broken in they felt better on my feet than any other boot I've owned except Maestris and the Air Zoom Total 90 (I see you have both *salute*).

They're tied with the original K-Leather's as my all time favorite Vapors and I've had them all except for the V. My Adizero's are definitely still appreciated though and being you can get them for around $100-115 I think they're easily the best value out right now.

As for SFII vs Adizero, while I love my pair, I don't find the Adizero as suitable for everday wear and training as other boots. That 5.8 oz in weight is amazing but you pay for it in other areas. SFII provide better traction, stability and protection imo. Once they were broken in they felt better on my feet than any other boot I've owned except Maestris and the Air Zoom Total 90 (I see you have both *salute*).

They're tied with the original K-Leather's as my all time favorite Vapors and I've had them all except for the V. My Adizero's are definitely still appreciated though and being you can get them for around $100-115 I think they're easily the best value out right now.

do you have the new lasers? there was virtually no break-in period needed with the maestris, but i wore the lasers for the first time monday and the heel part of the upper felt really stiff.... my ankle was moving around a lot, so i'm gonna switch back to the 360s for now. did you notice that.... if so, did it get better?

if there's any moral to this entire thread, it's that the maestri is a great boot.... i don't think i've ever read even a mediocre review of it.

do you have the new lasers? there was virtually no break-in period needed with the maestris, but i wore the lasers for the first time monday and the heel part of the upper felt really stiff.... my ankle was moving around a lot, so i'm gonna switch back to the 360s for now. did you notice that.... if so, did it get better?

if there's any moral to this entire thread, it's that the maestri is a great boot.... i don't think i've ever read even a mediocre review of it.

sometimes watching MLS replays at 3am pays off. rodney wallace of the portland timbers had the flag on his jersey upside down....

a6e36db06aae499e10ba9adf2d1ade534d03704b_r.jpg

sometimes watching MLS replays at 3am pays off. rodney wallace of the portland timbers had the flag on his jersey upside down....

a6e36db06aae499e10ba9adf2d1ade534d03704b_r.jpg

Nah I don't have Lazer III's, I have II's though and I don't remember them giving me many problems.

Nah I don't have Lazer III's, I have II's though and I don't remember them giving me many problems.

Brazil star Robinho today filed a lawsuit at a Civil Court in Sao Paulo attempting to break his multi-million pound contract with Nike.
From that article:

"The judge ruled the 27-year-old will be fined €300,000 each day he fails to endorse Nike's products."

If we assume that Robinho A) plays 160 matches over the next four years of his career (which would span his Nike contract) and B) doesn't wear a Nike boot for any of those matches, he would be fined just below $70,000,000 (USD) total. Holy cow.

Brazil star Robinho today filed a lawsuit at a Civil Court in Sao Paulo attempting to break his multi-million pound contract with Nike.
From that article:

"The judge ruled the 27-year-old will be fined €300,000 each day he fails to endorse Nike's products."

If we assume that Robinho A) plays 160 matches over the next four years of his career (which would span his Nike contract) and B) doesn't wear a Nike boot for any of those matches, he would be fined just below $70,000,000 (USD) total. Holy cow.

Back
Top Bottom