SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

I have pure grip OG and pure grip pro socks...they have given me blisters as my feet sweat and slide around more in grip socks then regular socks. I think its because the normal socks i wear are just better materials / more absorbant.

All that to say i am off the grip sock band wagon unless something comes out and it gets rave reviews. But always wanted to try tru sox but couldn't pay $40 for a pair of socks.

on another note pulled the trigger on new vapor AG boots.
244013_thumb_0920253.jpg

Nice - I got a pair of AG Superflys this past week at my local Clearance Store in the laser orange "Daybreak" pack from start of last season. No complaints. The Vapor13 can't be replaced for me.

I wore the new Rawdacious Legend9s this week for training and pickup. Like butter. Amazing boot.

It's a no then. Sticking with my regular Nike Dri Fit socks
I have pure grip OG and pure grip pro socks...they have given me blisters as my feet sweat and slide around more in grip socks then regular socks. I think its because the normal socks i wear are just better materials / more absorbant.

All that to say i am off the grip sock band wagon unless something comes out and it gets rave reviews. But always wanted to try tru sox but couldn't pay $40 for a pair of socks.

I've found my favorite sock to play in is by a brand called Stance. I prefer their "light cushion" run socks in a crew length, and then I wear a sleeve over the top to hold my shinnies in place.

There's just enough texture underfoot to prevent slipping ala grip socks w/o going full blown on plastic or rubber attachments. They're seamless and super soft, so little to no friction on the foot.

I've found my favorite sock to play in is by a brand called Stance. I prefer their "light cushion" run socks in a crew length, and then I wear a sleeve over the top to hold my shinnies in place.

There's just enough texture underfoot to prevent slipping ala grip socks w/o going full blown on plastic or rubber attachments. They're seamless and super soft, so little to no friction on the foot.
What sleeve do you wear?

Yeah, grip socks are enough of a gimmick because they barely make any difference at all yet offer up the tiniest bit of additional grip that I fall for the gimmick lol. Trusox aren't worth the cost, but I had to get them since pros wear them lol. I think that the Pure Grip pros are fine for the price, and I'd suggest getting at least 2 so that the shipping cost isn't too bad. I also have Nike and under armour versions, but they're basically just regular socks. I have a pair of Tokyo Soccer grip socks from I think Indonesia coming in based on a review from a youtuber called the "boot wizard" lol that I'm gonna try since they weren't too expensive. I'm fine with the 15-20 range. That 40-50 range is expensive and keeping me from trying Falke 4 grip socks since Trusox don't feel worth it.

Played a few pickup games in the Speedflow.1 , ended up shipping them back today.

Good pair of cleats, but the fit is just sloppier than the Vapor 13’s. I like that tight wrap around my foot, and the X’s just don’t do that to my liking.

Gonna try the Vapor 14’s soon, love that black/blue color way that just came out.

anything like this:

The puregrip sleeves are fine too, and the price is fine if you're getting a pair of the grip socks too so the shipping isn't too bad. My favorite are a pair of storelli sleeves I have with a pocket for a shin guard and some minimal padding on the side. Maybe they were supposed to be worn under football socks, but they work just fine as black sleeves.

right adidas have a 25% off promotion in the UK. May have to get arsenal away long sleeve...

I hate shinguards cuz my leg get fatigued during a game. Ordered some children shin guards. Looks like alot of pros wear baby shin guards like Bastian here

Ordered the small

s-l400.jpg

EXaEz5FWsAEi3q2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom