SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

IIRC, a few people in either this thread or the general Footy discussion thread were looking for size comparisons between Kappa authentic shirts and Nike authentic shirts.

Here, I have a Chelsea Authentic kit from last season, purchased in England (which I’ve found runs slightly smaller than the US vaporknit versions), compared against a kappa Authentic Villa kit.

Chelsea = XL
Villa = 3XL

2E442ED5-2517-408F-994B-71A1DA4D905F.jpeg
17504CEA-1B84-4739-9FE4-A04E9DA9521F.jpeg
FD7B0F5B-0B29-4A82-9CAA-E0642EF45B79.jpeg
7AC5E424-2CC6-4503-9745-9F56AD0C2520.jpeg

Key details when considering the two sizes against each other are as follows: the Kappa shirt is a few centimeters longer. It is also cut dramatically more narrow through the mid- chest, waist, and hips. However, the material is significantly more stretchy than even the Vaporknit to accommodate for this. Additionally, the sleeves on the Kappa will run comparatively longer. The chest and shoulders work out to about the same between the two cuts. This is assisted by the raglan sleeve construction. If the Kappa had a dedicated shoulder seam like the Nike shirt, I may have a different opinion. But for this design, it works.

I hope this visualization helps when considering sizes in the future. Ain’t no shame in sizing up for Kappa; the proKombat fit a great, technically-detailed model.

5A6CD3DB-565E-46CE-942A-BC1B1481803F.jpeg

“Bus seat” 3rd authentic copped. Interestingly, the material is completely different from home n away kits.

size wise I went medium but could probs pull off a small

Few games in the Phantom GT’s, aside from a blister on my right heel I really like these. They feel very close to the Vapor 13, just a little wider. If the next gen is a little tighter fitting, I’ll be a GT man going forward

The new GT 2s are so good looking from a colorbolocking standpoint. Wan those white/red/yellow ones just on visual appeal alone.

My vapor 14s have been slightly better than i expected. As much as i loved the touch of the flyknit they could get sloppy. Mid game on hot turf i would notice they fit looser at half time and the toe box would be way looser. I haven't experienced that yet with these new vapors.

I will say i should have got the superfly's though...first time i have had a low cut boot in years and the pebbles from the AG pitch get in there way more then they ever did with superflys. Prob would have been worth the extra few bucks

My vapor 14s have been slightly better than i
expected. As much as i loved the touch of the flyknit they could get sloppy. Mid game on hot turf i would notice they fit looser at half time and the toe box would be way looser. I haven't experienced that yet with these new vapors.

Just waiting for them to go on sale before I grab them, hopefully in that same black/blue color way you got

1632146055940.png
Any reason why the ADV of this in a medium is impossible to find ?

Last season's 4th kit; didn't come in an ADV version. Search for Vaporknit Authentic or similar key terms on ebay. Most retailers will have already flushed them out their stock in favor of the current season's kits coming in through the spring.

Just waiting for them to go on sale before I grab them, hopefully in that same black/blue color way you got

The new UV colorway looks awesome; just can't sell myself on the boot. Off-center lacing system has never appealed to me, and the extra 1/4 size in the length appears to have transitioned to the new gen too.

The new UV colorway looks awesome; just can't sell myself on the boot. Off-center lacing system has never appealed to me, and the extra 1/4 size in the length appears to have transitioned to the new gen too.

For what it’s worth, they fit me the same as the Vapor 13’s. Completely agree about the lacing though, they would so much better with them down the middle

Last season's 4th kit; didn't come in an ADV version. Search for Vaporknit Authentic or similar key terms on ebay. Most retailers will have already flushed them out their stock in favor of the current season's kits coming in through the spring.
I've tried different iterations for weeks and still nothing. Do you know any sellers or places that would have it ?

I've tried different iterations for weeks and still nothing. Do you know any sellers or places that would have it ?

PUMP IT IN MY VEINS

EDIT:

See also -

Thx. Definitely want the vapor version and not the fan version. I saw stocks had it but I was hoping to avoid resale. thx tho

Got asked to play in an indoor league. Its on turf i guess? the website says no cleats allowed. So i assume i can just wear indoors or turfs but not like AG boots.

Any suggestions on indoor/turf boots? I know Josh at SR4U says the React Gato are the ones to get...but they are just pricey at $140

I could never play in IC shoes on turf again, too much PTSD from eating **** a couple of times years ago, but the Lunar Gatos are amazing.

jking0821 jking0821 I would just get turf shoes. It's no fun feeling like your in your bag and all of a sudden feet randomly slide out from underneath you plus the potential for injury.

Got asked to play in an indoor league. Its on turf i guess? the website says no cleats allowed. So i assume i can just wear indoors or turfs but not like AG boots.

Any suggestions on indoor/turf boots? I know Josh at SR4U says the React Gato are the ones to get...but they are just pricey at $140
Nike premier II comes in turf and indoor. Check ebay

Back
Top Bottom