Solestop need to quit their nonsense

What's up NT,
SOLESTOP NEEDS TO QUIT THEIR NONSENSE, and I know a lot of y'all share the same sentiment. Although I purchase 90% of my sneakers in the states, once ina while I do find a decent deal at one of "our" stores. However, when I proceed to ask the salesperson for my size, I soon find out they are allsold out (arrrrrrgggggghhhhh). Coincidentally, the same sneakers just happen to appear on Solestop's website in a good sized supply. I understand thatthey are trying to conduct a business, but don't they have their own sneaker connects across the border? Why do they have to clean out our limitedsupplies and resell them at outrageous prices? Has anyone seen or heard of them at our stores buying out a particular sneaker? Let me know what's goody'all.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

What's up NT,
SOLESTOP NEEDS TO QUIT THEIR NONSENSE, and I know a lot of y'all share the same sentiment. Although I purchase 90% of my sneakers in the states, once in a while I do find a decent deal at one of "our" stores. However, when I proceed to ask the salesperson for my size, I soon find out they are all sold out (arrrrrrgggggghhhhh). Coincidentally, the same sneakers just happen to appear on Solestop's website in a good sized supply. I understand that they are trying to conduct a business, but don't they have their own sneaker connects across the border? Why do they have to clean out our limited supplies and resell them at outrageous prices? Has anyone seen or heard of them at our stores buying out a particular sneaker? Let me know what's good y'all.
a lot of shoes that are available there are not available at "your" stores. maybe you're just unlucky......
laugh.gif

maybe you should increase that 10 percent so maybe you get a higher chance
like you said they are running a business. i dont know which specific shoes you're talking about but instead of getting shoes from their connects in thestates (they prolly do have) some might be asia/canada exclusives that they are selling back to the states

Didnt they buy out the stock of Takashi 2's at Vaughn Mills Nike Outlet couple months ago then re-sell it for $140 ?

They're not really running a business if they just clean out outlets and resell at inflated prices...because they cleared out the outlets of the same shoeat a discount which no one can get anymore.

Its as much of a business as the kids that sell lemonade on the corner.

Bought a few shoes from them not gonna lie but yea i noticed it too whenever outlets have something good solestop always cleans it out

It is a somewhat cutthroat business practice that goes on in every business/industry - e.g., when Costco/Real Cdn Superstore knocks down the price of Nestea incans to $5.00/case of 24, some convenience store/restaurant owner will swoop in, buy up a few dozen cases, then RESELL them in his store for $1.50 a can - thisIMO is relatively the same thing. Not to say I condone it, but it happens.

Crazy that some of their prices on kicks are so out of whack, especially their ebay prices (
roll.gif
) - but hey, can't knock the hustle - some goof off the street not having anyconnects will be willing to pay any price to get their "heat".

W/regards to them buying up all the stock no clue as to HOW they do it but if I was the seller & could get rid of stock in one fell swoop - @ the end ofthe day = money in his pocket & time to reorder other stuff to keep the rent paid. They must have people watching the Canada forum. (That means 2 peopleare on here... joke)

Granted, it's a major pain in the for the average buyer off the street but like everything else in life = time & chance. The retailer probably does notcare a FSR is being cleared out, it just means revenue.
pimp.gif

Good thing there is still SVP - if they go all greedy, jack up their prices, THEN it is over for good deals in Toronto for shoe heads outside of say, the otherplayers (GDFT, The Vault, etc.)

Business is business & in the end if it really ticks you off, speak with your wallet & don't support them. After seeing their opportunistic pricingon ebay, I know I won't.
eyes.gif

^ Jay, they been buying up everything at SVP and The Vault as well. Peep this post dude left on page 49 of the retro outlet thread.

i need 2 pairs of those air force max black/grey in sz 9.5/10
can anyone hook me up?

emal me at [email protected]

So if anybody is both kind and willing to hook this dude up, you can bet those $27 Barkleys are gonna be on their website for $150 or so. Eff outta here.

lol,

I mean, it sucks that homie goes through and grabs everything but he's well within his rights to do so. Luckily I grabbed a pair of takashi's at theoutlet before solestop came through. He's obviously getting the shoes sold so I guess the prices aren't that bad to his buyers.

I'd personally never buy from dude though, but I can't knock what he's doing.

^ Jay, they been buying up everything at SVP and The Vault as well. Peep this post dude left on page 49 of the retro outlet thread.

i need 2 pairs of those air force max black/grey in sz 9.5/10
can anyone hook me up?

emal me at [email protected]

So if anybody is both kind and willing to hook this dude up, you can bet those $27 Barkleys are gonna be on their website for $150 or so. Eff outta here.
roll.gif
so he's trying to make friends - whatever man,he's doing his thing - rampant mad money-making capitalism at it's finest
eyes.gif
. But like other people have stated, other educated shoeheads in the know about deals & real street prices know better than to buy from him. Ican't support a guy that jacks the prices that high. Can't all be going to rent.
ohwell.gif

He's just hawking on the moneyed ignorant dove shoe buyers that have the bread to lay out for his inflated prices.
sick.gif

There might be the slimmest margin of a chance that he actually wants them for himself, one to rock, one to stock but that's just a guess.

Think about it from their point of view... Nike doesn't wholesale kicks for as cheap as they can get them at the outlet, so why not? It's the same asyou going to an outlet to buy kicks and getting them for a crazy deal, only difference is, they're not re-selling one pair, it's 50 pairs and thatturns into money. I'm pretty sure if anyone here had the means to do it themselves, NT would be flooded with outlet joints.. So just don't sleep andcop that heat before they get to it.. isn't that part of the sneaker game anyway? BE UP ON IT!!

902kicks wrote:
.. isn't that part of the sneaker game anyway? BE UP ON IT!!
No dude. No it isn't. This is part of the reason I have virtually stopped participating. The line-up shenanigans for Kanye's shoe is aprime example. I would have purchased this shoe (likely the pink/blacks) regardless of the production run or name on the heel pull. Other's, not so much.

This board, at its roots, is to put people on to the deals. Unfortunately, there is a person who ruins it for everyone. Comparing solestop to awholesaler/buyer is just incorrect. People can't get wholesale prices on single shoes...unless its at an outlet.

The comparison isn't as bad, but it would be like me buying all the milk and break on sale at the only grocery store in town, and then selling it on mydriveway for double the price.

...but whatever, dude can do what he likes...they're just shoes.

What's up NT,
SOLESTOP NEEDS TO QUIT THEIR NONSENSE, and I know a lot of y'all share the same sentiment. Although I purchase 90% of my sneakers in the states, once in a while I do find a decent deal at one of "our" stores. However, when I proceed to ask the salesperson for my size, I soon find out they are all sold out (arrrrrrgggggghhhhh). Coincidentally, the same sneakers just happen to appear on Solestop's website in a good sized supply. I understand that they are trying to conduct a business, but don't they have their own sneaker connects across the border? Why do they have to clean out our limited supplies and resell them at outrageous prices? Has anyone seen or heard of them at our stores buying out a particular sneaker? Let me know what's good y'all.
im pretty sure the owner is chinese and hes just doing things what ppl in hong kong do. Take Air Yeezy for example it was releasesd on 4/6 whichis 4/5 night time for us.... kix-files grabbed every single pair that made it to hong kong and now they are just reselling em in a much higher price...

u shud feel lucky that ur in toronto and this wont hapepn to every good release.. and kix-files onli one of many resellers that do that in hong kong in torontoso far i onli know solestop dose that.. just suck it up and move on

they are a business, and using basic economic theories such as supply and demand to strategize how to make money...

This happens in every facet of life from shoes to real estate.

Can't knock the hustle... It's either hustle or be hustled.

What's the infatuation with "hustlin'"? Like, if this guy is working hard to resell its some how noble and deserves a level of respect? And,if you can't circumvent his system, you're some how getting "hustled"?

This childish hierarchy of respect is ridiculous.

Keepin' it real...real dumb.

Noble and respect belong to those that make an outstanding contribution in life. Shoe reseller hardly fits that category atleast to me it doesn't.

If he buys for 80 CDN minus special discount plus tax and you buy for 140 USD plus tax plus delivery fee... that's getting hustled (big time rip off) on asmall scale to me.

solestop isn't a businessman...he's a BUSINESS, MAN!!!! let him handle his business, damn!!

just playing. i'm not a fan of what the man does. ocassionally, if i find a cheap pair or two at an outlet and think i can flip for some extra food money,i'll do it. that's one or two pairs. but i won't buy out full size runs..and i especially won't jack up the price that much.

i heard that nike vmills started marking the size tags of the takashi SB's with sharpie markers to discourage resellers. not sure if solestop got 'embefore they marked the tags or after...but i would be mad if i bought a pair of kicks from someone's ebay store, only to find out the size tags werescribbled out with a sharpie when i received them.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

What's the infatuation with "hustlin'"? Like, if this guy is working hard to resell its some how noble and deserves a level of respect? And, if you can't circumvent his system, you're some how getting "hustled"?

Would you say someone that flips houses or buys them at auctions and then re-sells them is a dishonest person? It's the same principle.

Originally Posted by 902kicks

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

What's the infatuation with "hustlin'"? Like, if this guy is working hard to resell its some how noble and deserves a level of respect? And, if you can't circumvent his system, you're some how getting "hustled"?

Would you say someone that flips houses or buys them at auctions and then re-sells them is a dishonest person? It's the same principle.
If I'm being honest, I don't think real estate agents are particularly honest...which seems to be part of their job (dishonesty).

I wasn't talking about honesty though. It was trying to figure out how someone can be given this level of respect ("well, he's hustlin' andgettin' that paper so I can't knock it) or admiration for essentially getting to the outlet faster than anyone else.

i wouldn't go so far to say real estate agents are dishonest. thats like saying every trade and every occupation is full of liars. the dude at the beerstore who told you to buy stella because it tasted good could be considered a liar if it turns out that you don't enjoy stella artois, when its just hispersonal preference.. the dude at footlocker could be considered a liar for telling you that a shoe has zoom air in the forefoot when it doesn't actually,even though it could be a result of his lack of product knowledge. or the chick at the jewelry store told you that a necklace was nice and would look nice onyour girl, but when u gave it to your girl she didn't like it. was the chick a liar?

you can't knock the hustle, but u can dislike and not approve of it simplly by not buying from him. just be thankful the dude isn't on the streetshustling drugs and or filling our world with harmful ingredients. if a kid has to hustle sneakers to stay away from the drugs and weapons, then by all means,so be it.

i'm not a fan of what the man does. but at the same time i can't be hypocritical and say i wouldn't resell a pair of shoes for profit because ihave in the past, as i'm sure we all have. the issue is clearing out full size runs of a shoe, which results in the real sneaker heads not getting theirdeserved piece of the pie.

which forces me to question management at the outlets.

1) how is it that whenever outlets get some "heat" and a very good price, solestop is on top of it?
2) why aren't there any limits by management on what solestop purchases?

just speculating...not accusing, but for all we know, solestop could be in good with management. they could be friends and they just call him up to let himknow about new shipments of inventory. who knows.

Originally Posted by dimsum1

the dude at footlocker could be considered a liar for telling you that a shoe has zoom air in the forefoot when it doesn't actually
lol i would definitely call that lying. thats not a matter of opinion like your other examples, thats dude just not knowing and sayin falseinformation aka lying

I don't think all real estate agents are dishonest, I'm just saying that the job could lend itself to dishonesty.

I've never bought anything from solestop and never will, and I think knocking the hustle is just fine.

I Agree with c0nf0cal.
Yall Can miss me with that cant knock the hustle, its a business, this how they do it hong kong +%$. If the hustle negatively effects a large population ofpeople than of course im gonna hate on it.
Buying one or 2 pairs 2 resell is nothing compared 2 buying FULL SIZE RUNS to take advantage of less knowledgable people.
Cant remember how many nike outlet releases i was gonna buy before this bastard stepped in and took everything.
Outlet management needs to step in..

Back
Top Bottom