Some of these NFL dudes are gonna have a hard time making ends meet because of the lockout...

There's absolutely no excuse for these athletes to go broke. "It happens" isnt an excuse. How do you expect us to feel sorry for athletes that rack up excessive debt, buy 10+ cars, or in extreme cases, have to pay a ton of child support (like Cromartie, Travis Henry, etc).

To the people that say "Even normal people go broke", well, no one feels sorry for them either because most of the time they mis-managed their finances as well.

It's not like these athletes are living check to check or were suddenly laid off. Many of these players are making enough money that should last them a good chunk of their lives, and possibly even their entire lives.

95% of america isn't that financially savvy, and of those, about 70% are fiscally irresponsible. This is no surprise, because it can be related to people outside of athletes, too.

95% of america isn't that financially savvy, and of those, about 70% are fiscally irresponsible. This is no surprise, because it can be related to people outside of athletes, too.

Originally Posted by AG 47

It is what it is. A large part of why so many athletes go broke is because of their entourage, who usually consist of childhood friends and family.

I don't know if that would change if I were a pro-athlete too...I hate to see my people struggling and the way I see it, if I got it...you got it. Especially if you my people.

That mentality gets people caught up in giving out handouts though...word to A.I.

Break this down to me....let's say you got 5 million guaranteed...how much are you giving your boys and what would you EXPECT of them?  Are they gonna be like Team Dime, or are you going to try to give them a position of "somewhat" power like Lebron did.  And I am in no way saying that I agree with either scenario, but rather curious as to what you would do. 

Originally Posted by AG 47

It is what it is. A large part of why so many athletes go broke is because of their entourage, who usually consist of childhood friends and family.

I don't know if that would change if I were a pro-athlete too...I hate to see my people struggling and the way I see it, if I got it...you got it. Especially if you my people.

That mentality gets people caught up in giving out handouts though...word to A.I.

Break this down to me....let's say you got 5 million guaranteed...how much are you giving your boys and what would you EXPECT of them?  Are they gonna be like Team Dime, or are you going to try to give them a position of "somewhat" power like Lebron did.  And I am in no way saying that I agree with either scenario, but rather curious as to what you would do. 

pimp.gif
Michigan

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

The Players KNEW there was a chance this could happen there is NO EXCUSE...that's what a lot of players get for living check to check
30t6p3b.gif

This.

Let them see what the average working man goes through.
im pretty sure theres a decent amout of them that lived that life with their family before they got the pro paycheck

The Players KNEW there was a chance this could happen there is NO EXCUSE...that's what a lot of players get for living check to check
30t6p3b.gif

This.

im pretty sure theres a decent amout of them that lived that life with their family before they got the pro paycheck

Originally Posted by DUMB PIGS

30t6p3b.gif

This.

exactly.
and thats the funny part. they arent from afluent families.

most of these articles are written and stories are told  to fuel resentment. and fools eat it up. and it all comes out...

these athletes stories are no different from the common everyday average joe.

when Mark Brunell went Broke there wasnt any over dramatized stories or reports. you didnt  see none of the same   "these pro athletes should be ashamed of themselves" attitudes . wonder why....  
nerd.gif

thankfully, someone like Aepps can come in here and actually spread a little "wealth" cus this is  not just an pro athlete problem.

30t6p3b.gif

This.

exactly.
and thats the funny part. they arent from afluent families.

most of these articles are written and stories are told  to fuel resentment. and fools eat it up. and it all comes out...

these athletes stories are no different from the common everyday average joe.

when Mark Brunell went Broke there wasnt any over dramatized stories or reports. you didnt  see none of the same   "these pro athletes should be ashamed of themselves" attitudes . wonder why....  
nerd.gif

thankfully, someone like Aepps can come in here and actually spread a little "wealth" cus this is  not just an pro athlete problem.

It's easy to criticize the rich and famous. Under the same microscope I can't say I'd be the purest of citizens nor would I be 100% frugal.

We'd all like to imagine making millions and then having these lifestyles while at the same time thinking we're smarter and we'd save our money under any circumstance. Can't have it both ways.

It is what it is...

It's easy to criticize the rich and famous. Under the same microscope I can't say I'd be the purest of citizens nor would I be 100% frugal.

We'd all like to imagine making millions and then having these lifestyles while at the same time thinking we're smarter and we'd save our money under any circumstance. Can't have it both ways.

It is what it is...

It's not as easy as you think to turn off the faucet – pro athlete or not...

It's not as easy as you think to turn off the faucet – pro athlete or not...

30t6p3b.gif

This.

that makes it even worse imo
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

This.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

isnt there some sort of mandatory financial planning seminar they attend before their rookie season?
laugh.gif

you would think so
laugh.gif
my school made every single incoming freshmen take a financial planning/student aid class before being admitted.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

isnt there some sort of mandatory financial planning seminar they attend before their rookie season?
laugh.gif

you would think so
laugh.gif
my school made every single incoming freshmen take a financial planning/student aid class before being admitted.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

cmoneymontana wrote:

bigtomgetsgwap wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

This.

laugh.gif

In the sense that you shouldn't want to go back, yes. In the idea that you have been properly educated on managing money and are surrounded by family/friends that is educated on being able to manage this type of money. No.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

cmoneymontana wrote:

bigtomgetsgwap wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

This.

laugh.gif

In the sense that you shouldn't want to go back, yes. In the idea that you have been properly educated on managing money and are surrounded by family/friends that is educated on being able to manage this type of money. No.

People are right, its not only a pro athlete issue, but who cares? Its not an excuse for not managing your finances. If anything, these athletes have less excuses. Joe Blow out on the street is trying to support a family on $40,000. Sometimes that isnt going to be enough. Sometimes Joe Blow will have to use the credit card. Most of these athletes have plenty of money. They are making more than the average American can only dream of. When you are making over $500,000 a year, there is no excuse to go broke. Its just poor money managment.

People are right, its not only a pro athlete issue, but who cares? Its not an excuse for not managing your finances. If anything, these athletes have less excuses. Joe Blow out on the street is trying to support a family on $40,000. Sometimes that isnt going to be enough. Sometimes Joe Blow will have to use the credit card. Most of these athletes have plenty of money. They are making more than the average American can only dream of. When you are making over $500,000 a year, there is no excuse to go broke. Its just poor money managment.

NT is so funny. One minute people are condemning pro athletes for living the lifestyle that all stars want to live, but then clown Tim Duncan for being...well...Tim Duncan.

Kanye-Shrug.jpg

NT is so funny. One minute people are condemning pro athletes for living the lifestyle that all stars want to live, but then clown Tim Duncan for being...well...Tim Duncan.

Kanye-Shrug.jpg

Back
Top Bottom