Sony Bravia 46" 120hz 1080p TV + PS3 + Blu-ray + Game

here's the thread where they don't play: http://www.avsforum.com/a.../showthread.php?t=561280

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

W_1_Mayers_New_HT_07.JPG

red-meadow1.jpg

IMG_52101.jpg

and so on

avs forums dudes put in work on there TV's... i skim through some of there threads to see whats good from what i can understand... but the rest looks likejibberish to me

Originally Posted by h3at23

Koudie From BroOklyn wrote:
What are the odds of best buy refunding me back the money for the purchase of the ps3, blue ray and game. If i had a gift receipt ? I'd much rather have the 250 gig ps3 instead of 120 gig with a game i would never play or a blue ray id probably never watch.. plus i have a ps3 lol. Why not just return it altogether and just keep the T.v . Now that would be a SWEEEET DEAL.

That's a good question. SoleWoman works @ BB and she's amazing in finding out for you if she doesn't know (She goes out of her way to find out). I would say watch out because they most likely will charge you full price on the tv if you disrupt the bundle. But since you have a gift receipt, it's tricky.

The whole gift receipt thing is tricky...however we can pull up the exact transaction and see that it was a bundle deal. Hear is the policy inregards to bundles and returns...

spacer.gif

[table][tr][td]
ttlp_3_details.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bundle Return Policy
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bundle purchases can be returned in accordance with our standard return policy. If you are unsatisfied with an individual item you purchased as part of a bundle package, you may also return that item separately.

Please note: In many bundle packages, a discounted price has been applied to each item in the package. While you will be refunded the discounted price of each bundle item you return, you will be required to pay the difference between each remaining item's bundle price and its non-discounted price on the date of your bundle purchase. Please call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for details about how returning a bundle item will impact your cost.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

avs forums dudes put in work on there TV's... i skim through some of there threads to see whats good from what i can understand... but the rest looks like jibberish to me
Them dudes make the most out of every buck
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

No lie. If I had space on my card, I'd do this deal so fast
eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Around $1500 for a 52 inch, PS3, Blu-Ray, game and a movie.
eek.gif

Yo and Toys r us is having a buy 1 game get the second half off sale
eek.gif
.I'd sale the game from Bestbuy and got to toysrus and do that deal. 2 PS3s
pimp.gif

Let me stop before my head pops
laugh.gif

Damn, I'm too broke for this +%%@
smh.gif
.....I can use another TV. I'd sell the PS3 for like $200 and be sittin'lovely.........................................oh well.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Koudie From BroOklyn wrote:
What are the odds of best buy refunding me back the money for the purchase of the ps3, blue ray and game. If i had a gift receipt ? I'd much rather have the 250 gig ps3 instead of 120 gig with a game i would never play or a blue ray id probably never watch.. plus i have a ps3 lol. Why not just return it altogether and just keep the T.v . Now that would be a SWEEEET DEAL.

That's a good question. SoleWoman works @ BB and she's amazing in finding out for you if she doesn't know (She goes out of her way to find out). I would say watch out because they most likely will charge you full price on the tv if you disrupt the bundle. But since you have a gift receipt, it's tricky.
The whole gift receipt thing is tricky...however we can pull up the exact transaction and see that it was a bundle deal. Hear is the policy in regards to bundles and returns...

spacer.gif

[table][tr][td]
ttlp_3_details.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bundle Return Policy
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bundle purchases can be returned in accordance with our standard return policy. If you are unsatisfied with an individual item you purchased as part of a bundle package, you may also return that item separately.

Please note: In many bundle packages, a discounted price has been applied to each item in the package. While you will be refunded the discounted price of each bundle item you return, you will be required to pay the difference between each remaining item's bundle price and its non-discounted price on the date of your bundle purchase. Please call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for details about how returning a bundle item will impact your cost.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Go in without a reciept and tell them they were gifts. I took the game back to Best Buy and got MW2.

plus the 52inch is the 240hz.... its not the lower model of sony's lcd.... the z series is right before the xbr8/9

plus the 52inch is the 240hz.... its not the lower model of sony's lcd.... the z series is right before the xbr8/9

have you picked up your 52Z5100 yet? Just curious to see how it is.

I was playin some Modern Warfare 2 last night and noticed some clouding in the corners. Such a pain in the +%@, but I think I gotta take it back and ask for anew one. Damn shame.

Originally Posted by Jabawokee

Go in without a reciept and tell them they were gifts. I took the game back to Best Buy and got MW2.
really? dang i didnt know they allowed that

Originally Posted by RKO2004

How does 240Hz look? I can't imagine that.
Just my opinion, but the "fake" look is less noticable on the 240hz than on some 120hz sets I've seen. I was a little disappointedcause I kinda like that fake look, but my girl cant stand it. Watching sitcoms or other shows with slower movement, that "fake" look definitely ismore apparant, but when I watched 8 hours of NFL football on Sunday it wasnt really noticable.

SoleWoman - I hope you can help me out with a BB related question. If I want to take my TV back and exchange it for a new one (some noticable clouding andflashlighting) do I have to bring everything back in (the box, the styrofoam packaging, etc.. etc...)? I don't really feel like luggin all that BS backinto the store. Since my purchase included the free home delivery, would they charge me to have a swapped out set delivered to me if they dont have it instock at the store and they only have it at the warehouse? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Just my opinion, but the "fake" look is less noticable on the 240hz than on some 120hz sets I've seen. I was a little disappointed cause I kinda like that fake look, but my girl cant stand it. Watching sitcoms or other shows with slower movement, that "fake" look definitely is more apparant, but when I watched 8 hours of NFL football on Sunday it wasnt really noticable.

SoleWoman - I hope you can help me out with a BB related question. If I want to take my TV back and exchange it for a new one (some noticable clouding and flashlighting) do I have to bring everything back in (the box, the styrofoam packaging, etc.. etc...)? I don't really feel like luggin all that BS back into the store. Since my purchase included the free home delivery, would they charge me to have a swapped out set delivered to me if they dont have it in stock at the store and they only have it at the warehouse? Thanks.
it depends on the store...my store they are some pricks. they will exchange something for you the way you give it to us. like if you exchange a tvand all you have is the tv...they will send it to us (geek squad) we make sure its not inflicted damage or you didnt drop it or whatever and then they willgive you another tv but just the tv no remote or boxing....i think its kinda funny to see peoples reactions when they do that. also sometimes if you dont haveall the parts that came with whatever you are trying to return or exchange my store will make you go get it. it all depends who is at customer service when yougo in. as far as the delivery option...im not sure i can check how big is your tv?

Just my opinion, but the "fake" look is less noticable on the 240hz than on some 120hz sets I've seen. I was a little disappointed cause I kinda like that fake look, but my girl cant stand it. Watching sitcoms or other shows with slower movement, that "fake" look definitely is more apparant, but when I watched 8 hours of NFL football on Sunday it wasnt really noticable.

SoleWoman - I hope you can help me out with a BB related question. If I want to take my TV back and exchange it for a new one (some noticable clouding and flashlighting) do I have to bring everything back in (the box, the styrofoam packaging, etc.. etc...)? I don't really feel like luggin all that BS back into the store. Since my purchase included the free home delivery, would they charge me to have a swapped out set delivered to me if they dont have it in stock at the store and they only have it at the warehouse? Thanks.
it depends on the store...my store they are some pricks. they will exchange something for you the way you give it to us. like if you exchange a tv and all you have is the tv...they will send it to us (geek squad) we make sure its not inflicted damage or you didnt drop it or whatever and then they will give you another tv but just the tv no remote or boxing....i think its kinda funny to see peoples reactions when they do that. also sometimes if you dont have all the parts that came with whatever you are trying to return or exchange my store will make you go get it. it all depends who is at customer service when you go in. as far as the delivery option...im not sure i can check how big is your tv?

Mojodmonky1, since you got free delivery, all you have to do is call BB and ask to talk to the Mangolia department. Tell mangolia that you would like to set upa pick up for return or exchange. Your pick up is free. Just remind them that you had free delivery. Hope that helps

i picked up the bundle this past tuesday! i got really lucky at that, since all the BB's in NYC were sold out

it depends on the store...my store they are some pricks. they will exchange something for you the way you give it to us. like if you exchange a tv and all you have is the tv...they will send it to us (geek squad) we make sure its not inflicted damage or you didnt drop it or whatever and then they will give you another tv but just the tv no remote or boxing....i think its kinda funny to see peoples reactions when they do that. also sometimes if you dont have all the parts that came with whatever you are trying to return or exchange my store will make you go get it. it all depends who is at customer service when you go in. as far as the delivery option...im not sure i can check how big is your tv?

Mojodmonky1, since you got free delivery, all you have to do is call BB and ask to talk to the Mangolia department. Tell mangolia that you would like to set up a pick up for return or exchange. Your pick up is free. Just remind them that you had free delivery. Hope that helps
Excellent. Thanks for your help. Now the hard part is getting someone to actually pick up the phone.

Mojodmonky1, since you got free delivery, all you have to do is call BB and ask to talk to the Mangolia department. Tell mangolia that you would like to set up a pick up for return or exchange. Your pick up is free. Just remind them that you had free delivery. Hope that helps

i just asked for you. call geek squad 1800 4335378. they will come to your home no charge and replace it. If it is in fact messed up. so you dont have to worryabout bringing it in. if you bring it in they will make you pick it up regardless if its from the warehouse or in store. so best bet is to call the squads ofthe geek.
smile.gif
hope that helps.

i just asked for you. call geek squad 1800 4335378. they will come to your home no charge and replace it. If it is in fact messed up. so you dont have to worry about bringing it in. if you bring it in they will make you pick it up regardless if its from the warehouse or in store. so best bet is to call the squads of the geek.
smile.gif
hope that helps.
Thank you!

I just called but they said that the warehouse is OOS as is every other store in Los Angeles County. BALLS. I guess I either gotta live with it or take acash loss since I already sold the PS3 for less than retail. damn.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

i picked up the bundle this past tuesday! i got really lucky at that, since all the BB's in NYC were sold out

Originally Posted by latinplatinum69

^^^ where'd u get it?
i drove all the way from the Bronx To the Best Buy in Poughkeepsie, NY 12601... they had some left when i was over there. So that was the ONLY place that had some, i called about6 BB's and they also checked for me as well who had some left and the only place that showed up that had some left was that one in that location.all of theones in NYC were gone already by monday.

it was a great deal i could not pass ! TV with the Free PS3, Uncharted 2 & Pelham 123 came out to $1030 something around there
pimp.gif

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

Excellent. Thanks for your help. Now the hard part is getting someone to actually pick up the phone.

I meant Magnolia not Mangolia lol...........that would've been a high long distance bill
laugh.gif

I was playin some Modern Warfare 2 last night and noticed some clouding in the corners. Such a pain in the +%@, but I think I gotta take it back and ask for a new one. Damn shame.
+1 for plasma!
Seriously, I think LCD is ok, but it has way too many faults. And the only issues people have with plasma are burn, which hasn't been as much of a problemas many say, or the other major one is power usage.

There are so many issues with LCD to make it a recommended purchase. That's like recommending a 360 when chances are you know it's going to break. Sureit's nice, but why go through the hassle.

yup.. picked up the 52 inch z series... been busy with my new house... haven played games but BLU RAY IS AMAZING ON THIS TV

Originally Posted by nnarum

I was playin some Modern Warfare 2 last night and noticed some clouding in the corners. Such a pain in the +%@, but I think I gotta take it back and ask for a new one. Damn shame.
+1 for plasma!
Seriously, I think LCD is ok, but it has way too many faults. And the only issues people have with plasma are burn, which hasn't been as much of a problem as many say, or the other major one is power usage.

There are so many issues with LCD to make it a recommended purchase. That's like recommending a 360 when chances are you know it's going to break. Sure it's nice, but why go through the hassle.
i never had issues with my LCD's

Back
Top Bottom