Sony Bravia 46" 120hz 1080p TV + PS3 + Blu-ray + Game

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by nnarum

I would love for you to see what a decent plasma would do hooked up in your house. It would blow you away. I swear.

lets not get it twisted, a plasma tv has THE BEST picture out, by far bar none case closed end of story /debate ...
laugh.gif
... but when you take into account the possible burn issues, price tag and individual needs ... my tv > plasma ...
Come on you're just kidding yourself... Just try to take it back and exchange it before it's too late!

For real though, why aren't there any images of burned TVs if this is such a common problem? I hear about it from so many people on internet forums, butI've never experienced it myself... I game daily for sometimes up to 4 hours. Including Halo, Madden, NCAA, and MW2...
pimp.gif

Some info on burn in myths, as well as other plasma myths...

Case for Plasmas

[h3]Plasma's propensity for burn-in is overblown.[/h3]
Burn-in happens when a fixed image remains on screen for too long and leaves a ghost of itself when removed. The ghost is actually a line of phosphors that has burned bright for so long they have dimmed compared to surrounding pixels. It's not an issue on LCDs, whose different system of generating images doesn't use phosphors which can dim with overuse (although a memory effect on liquid crystals can retain an impression for a period of time). But today's plasmas may be suffering from the sins of their forebears. We even left a fixed image on a Panasonic plasma for about eight hours (sorry Panasonic!) to see whether we could detect a faint burn or ghost, but no such luck. A Panasonic engineer who was not aware of our experiment then told us it would take about four days or more for a static image to burn its ghost onto a modern plasma screen. Improvements in the phosphor material used and 'pixel orbiting' technology - which shifts pixels around if they don't move - has diminished the burn-in problem. It's highly unlikely that any plasma would be stuck on the same image four days in a row. The myth that plasmas can suffer burn-in overshadows the fact that LCD HDTVs can suffer from something else just as bad: dead pixels. These are more likely on LCD screens and are a known problem with LCDs in the computer industry. While makers will generally replace screens with dead pixels, it pays to check when you first fire up the HDTV.

Plasma Burn in Fact orMyth?
Bottom Line

"Burn-in" is for all practical purposes a non-issue with current plasma HDTVs. Simply set the TV to the "home" mode and enjoy all the benefits of plasma: wide angle image for excellent off-axis viewing, high contrast, deep blacks and perfect motion resolution, along with the bargain big screen prices (42″ and larger) available this holiday season.

For credibility sake, these are two unbiased sites. Neither has anything to gain from one tech over another...

Overall, I don't mind LCD, but after owning a plasma there is no comparision IMO. The features of LCD like motion plus just mask the LCD flaws. LED is justa different way of lighting the crystals of LCD, not a "revolutionary" tech...

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

Originally Posted by h3at23

I just hit this deal up, got the 52", the ps3, uncharted 2, taking of pelpham, 2 Monster HDMI cables, and a 4 year warranty from best buy. My total came out to about $2000. Not bad IMO.

Ahhh, they got you. HDMI's at monoprice.com are just as good for about 90% cheaper. The warranty might be useful but most of the time if your tv doesn't fail you within the 1st year or so, your good to go. I guess peace of mind is worth it though

Having the peace of mind to know that my TV is covered for 4 years is worth it. If im going to drop 1000< on a tv, might as well drop another 200$ to make sure its good to go for 4 years. And the reason I went with the monster cables, is that they are guaranteed for life. And if they come out with a better cable, just call them, and they will upgrade your cable for free. Sounds like a hell of a deal to me.
trust for the price you paid for the name brand monster... you could have bought some from monoprice.com that are the exact same thing justwithout a name stamped on it... and if another cable that comes out that is better.. you can just buy more of those from monoprice and still be under for whatyou paid for the monster cables...
are your cables 1.3 category 2???

anyways... gonna cop the 52inch z series ps3 movie and game for 1700....

Does dell.com have a similar bundle? Or what about Walmart.com? Because those sites both have 20% cashback right now. They got tons of hd tvs on dell.com.I'm in the market for a bluray player right now though, need Youtube and Netflix at the least, and preferably wifi capabilities. I'm probably lookingat the LG BD390 or maybe the 370 as some people have gotten that to work with usb dongles

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Does dell.com have a similar bundle? Or what about Walmart.com? Because those sites both have 20% cashback right now. They got tons of hd tvs on dell.com. I'm in the market for a bluray player right now though, need Youtube and Netflix at the least, and preferably wifi capabilities. I'm probably looking at the LG BD390 or maybe the 370 as some people have gotten that to work with usb dongles

Wal-mart will have one this Sat but I'm not sure what model it is. It will be a sony 46 in + ps3 for $988 I believe but it might be an in-store only sale.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

I just hit this deal up, got the 52", the ps3, uncharted 2, taking of pelpham, 2 Monster HDMI cables, and a 4 year warranty from best buy. My total came out to about $2000. Not bad IMO.

Ahhh, they got you. HDMI's at monoprice.com are just as good for about 90% cheaper. The warranty might be useful but most of the time if your tv doesn't fail you within the 1st year or so, your good to go. I guess peace of mind is worth it though

Having the peace of mind to know that my TV is covered for 4 years is worth it. If im going to drop 1000< on a tv, might as well drop another 200$ to make sure its good to go for 4 years. And the reason I went with the monster cables, is that they are guaranteed for life. And if they come out with a better cable, just call them, and they will upgrade your cable for free. Sounds like a hell of a deal to me.
trust for the price you paid for the name brand monster... you could have bought some from monoprice.com that are the exact same thing just without a name stamped on it... and if another cable that comes out that is better.. you can just buy more of those from monoprice and still be under for what you paid for the monster cables...
are your cables 1.3 category 2???

Bingo!

seen it first hand ... my fiances dad fell asleep at the main menu of saving private ryan ... tv ruined ...

^^ what kind brand and model is the TV???? year it came out? did he follow steps for the break in period?

seen it first hand ... my fiances dad fell asleep at the main menu of saving private ryan ... tv ruined ...

No Bs, before I got my panny I bought the sammy PN50B550T2F which was in a bundle w/ a sammy blu ray 3600 . The +%% had a burn in 5 days in(fox nfl scoreboard). I call BB w/the quickness and got a sweet deal on my panny. I think I still remember the score, it was TB 13 - WAS 16 or something likethat
laugh.gif

I have yet to have any problem w/ my panny but will NEVER play my ps3/xbox on it. EVER

^^ heat... have you seen the samsung PN58B860.... i really want this TV for my living room... my boy has one and i was amazed with how it looks... but i dontthink he watches any espn, or plays any video games on it...

^^ heat... have you seen the samsung PN58B860.... i really want this TV for my living room... my boy has one and i was amazed with how it looks... but i dont think he watches any espn, or plays any video games on it...

A beauty......they had it in magnolia hooked up w/Bose lifestyle surround sound and I was ready to max out my CC but my girl gave me the it's either her orme look so I almost broke up with her
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
... im gonna try and cop and the end of the year... but im def gonna jump on the sony 52inch z series... i really want the samsung B750.. but for thepackage with the ps3 this is the best bang for your buck

laugh.gif
... im gonna try and cop and the end of the year... but im def gonna jump on the sony 52inch z series... i really want the samsung B750.. but for the package with the ps3 this is the best bang for your buck

I'm in Cleveland right now so that's what I'm watching as we speak. AMAZING
pimp.gif

The Panny is at my place in tampa and so will the 46W this friday
pimp.gif

I doubt it was permanent burn in though... You would seriously have to try to burn something in to ruin it. What year was the set made? Are wetalking like year 2000?

No Bs, before I got my panny I bought the sammy PN50B550T2F which was in a bundle w/ a sammy blu ray 3600 . The +%% had a burn in 5 days in (fox nfl scoreboard). I call BB w/the quickness and got a sweet deal on my panny. I think I still remember the score, it was TB 13 - WAS 16 or something like that
laugh.gif

I have yet to have any problem w/ my panny but will NEVER play my ps3/xbox on it. EVER

I'm calling ducktales on this too... I leave my plasma on the games ALL DAY on Sundays... How you going to get a permanent burn in on a 3 hour game? Plus Idoubt the score was 13-16 for the ENTIRE time... You guys kill me. Did you watch anything after the game to help refresh the pixels? Chances are it was builtup electricity. That's why when you set it to a full white screen after seeing a little retention, it goes away.

You got raped...

SquareTrade.com warranty your TV for 3 years for $69.99 code HOLIDAYMAIL

Just chiming in with some input

Black Friday 2009

1.Mom - Copped a samsung LED 46" 240hz
2.Bro - Copped Sony XBR9 46" 240hz
3.Me - Panasonic g15 46" 600hz (Not like LCD hz)

Anyways my Plasma, to me personally looked the best. Out the box it had THX mode which was almost the colors I wanted, with tweaking I got it to look betterthan my mom LED, but the Sony XBR9 does too in reality.

LEDS = Overhyped

Why? Because they are too bright to look at, well atleast for me. I get a headache from looking at that bright screen. A good example is when the TV is on buthas no input signal the black is so bright it will light up the room. The black levels on the Panasonic and Sony are so dark it doesn't even look like theTV is on.

and do your research on AVSforums

Seems like most sonys get slammed, except for the XBR9 and the XBR10 is getting high praises

Good deal though if you are looking for a DECENT tv

nnarum wrote:

nnarum wrote:

I doubt it was permanent burn in though... You would seriously have to try to burn something in to ruin it. What year was the set made? Are we talking like year 2000?

nnarum wrote:

No Bs, before I got my panny I bought the sammy PN50B550T2F which was in a bundle w/ a sammy blu ray 3600 . The +%% had a burn in 5 days in (fox nfl scoreboard). I call BB w/the quickness and got a sweet deal on my panny. I think I still remember the score, it was TB 13 - WAS 16 or something like that
laugh.gif

I'm calling ducktales on this too... I leave my plasma on the games ALL DAY on Sundays... How you going to get a permanent burn in on a 3 hour game? Plus I doubt the score was 13-16 for the ENTIRE time... You guys kill me. Did you watch anything after the game to help refresh the pixels? Chances are it was built up electricity. That's why when you set it to a full white screen after seeing a little retention, it goes away.

laugh.gif
I'm not sure what the score was but one thing I do know,I'm to old for ducktales. My thinking is, I paused the game because I had to go somewhere (I was gone maybe 2-4 hrs) and that had to contribute to theburn-in. When they came to pick up the sammy and drop off the panny, the geek squad guy that come with the delivery guys was shocked but said it's rare butburn-ins still happen

^^ what model is your moms LED???

It's a 46b8500 model, aesthetics of the TV are
pimp.gif
Pic quality IMHO isnot too great though, the brightness I mentioned earlier is giving the colors a white shade to them.

I know some people like bright tvs though, but me personally it doesn't have to be super bright as long as the colors and black levels are good. I guessdifferent strokes for different folks (No ayyo)

What are the odds of best buy refunding me back the money for the purchase of the ps3, blue ray and game. If i had a gift receipt ? I'd much rather havethe 250 gig ps3 instead of 120 gig with a game i would never play or a blue ray id probably never watch.. plus i have a ps3 lol. Why not just return italtogether and just keep the T.v . Now that would be a SWEEEET DEAL.

Koudie From BroOklyn wrote:
What are the odds of best buy refunding me back the money for the purchase of the ps3, blue ray and game. If i had a gift receipt ? I'd much rather have the 250 gig ps3 instead of 120 gig with a game i would never play or a blue ray id probably never watch.. plus i have a ps3 lol. Why not just return it altogether and just keep the T.v . Now that would be a SWEEEET DEAL.

That's a good question. SoleWoman works @ BB and she's amazing in finding out for you if she doesn't know (She goes out of her way to find out). Iwould say watch out because they most likely will charge you full price on the tv if you disrupt the bundle. But since you have a gift receipt, it'stricky.

Damn yall balling. Spending a G, 2 Gs on TV and @$#%. Wish i had money to blow like that
smh.gif
I'm still stuck with my 24 in CRT monitor from the 20 century

Back
Top Bottom