Sony Bravia 46" 120hz 1080p TV + PS3 + Blu-ray + Game

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I think I mentioned this in the HDTV thread last week. Hope some of yall already jumped on it.

I got mine with the 52Z5100 last week. Flipped the PS3 already since I got my old 60GB one. The Z is BANGIN. Glad I decided to bump up instead of gettin the 46W.

lilpro4u - hahahaha how you gonna come in here and call Sony's "trashy" when they make arguably the best LCD TV's on the market (them or Samsung). Furthermore you coming in here saying that your X1 is basically the same as the S1? That aint even comparing apples to apples. X1 is not even 1080P. It aint even on the same level. Its like comparing apples to rotten apples.

word.. is that how you feel?
grin.gif

Other than the viera cast capabilities, and the anti-reflective filter.. YOU tell me the differences.. Oh, and thanks for calling out the obvious of1080p.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Plasma > LCD any day of the week, pal.

And Sony being anywhere close to Samsung is reaching.. Put any of their comparable models side x side and Samsung will win every time.

But if there is an AMAZING deal to be had on Sony's i can't hate.

I know that these tv's aren't usually the BEST TVs on the market. More directed for the average consumer of electronics like myself who want a nicesolid tv for a cheap price. I figure after you sell the ps3 if you decide to than it'll be a real good deal. Technology is always advancing so obviouslylast years high end modems will go down considerably but hey, what can you do?

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I think I mentioned this in the HDTV thread last week. Hope some of yall already jumped on it.

I got mine with the 52Z5100 last week. Flipped the PS3 already since I got my old 60GB one. The Z is BANGIN. Glad I decided to bump up instead of gettin the 46W.

lilpro4u - hahahaha how you gonna come in here and call Sony's "trashy" when they make arguably the best LCD TV's on the market (them or Samsung). Furthermore you coming in here saying that your X1 is basically the same as the S1? That aint even comparing apples to apples. X1 is not even 1080P. It aint even on the same level. Its like comparing apples to rotten apples.

grin.gif

Other than the viera cast capabilities, and the anti-reflective filter.. YOU tell me the differences.. Oh, and thanks for calling out the obvious of 1080p.
smh.gif
smh.gif

And Sony being anywhere close to Samsung is reaching.. Put any of their comparable models side x side and Samsung will win every time.

The thing is, he took exception of you calling sony trash. Which is your opinion but incorrect. Sony is far from trash. It's all about what you prefer whenit comes to LCD & Plasmas.

TheeQuickness wrote:
I know that these tv's aren't usually the BEST TVs on the market. More directed for the average consumer of electronics like myself who want a nice solid tv for a cheap price. I figure after you sell the ps3 if you decide to than it'll be a real good deal. Technology is always advancing so obviously last years high end modems will go down considerably but hey, what can you do?

Actually, these are pretty good Tvs. I would recommend you skip the V and start with the W (example 46W5100)

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

grin.gif

Other than the viera cast capabilities, and the anti-reflective filter.. YOU tell me the differences.. Oh, and thanks for calling out the obvious of 1080p.
smh.gif
smh.gif

hahaha you make it sound like the 1080P v. 720P aint no thang, when in today's comparison shopping market, that is one of the most common cpmparison specthat TV buyers are looking at (that and refresh rates of 60hz v. 120hz v. 240hz in LCD's). Thats like if I said that 2 cars are virtually the same becausethey both have power windows and doors, both have GPS, both have leather interior, but one is a 4 banger and the other is a V8. It would be ignorant to saythat Car #1 and Car #2 are the same except when it comes to one of the most important characteristic.

The whole plasma v. lcd is a completely different topic and irrelevant to any of the points you made. For what its worth, I was leaning towards going plasmabecause I could care less about energy consumption and I just wanted excellent picture quality. If money and timing were not an option I would probably go outand find last years model Pioneer Kuro Elite and call it a day, cause that TV is still untouchable in terms of picture quality. I only went LCD cause thisdeal came up, I was getting impatient about gettin a new TV for the house, and I thought it was too good a deal to pass up.

As far as comparative side to side between Sony and Samsung.
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-...6482_7-33060615.html?tag=mncol;lst#cnetReview

That is the CNET review of theSony XBR8 (which is Sony's top of the line LED-backlit LCD set).

In case you're too lazy to read the full review, here is an excerpt of what they said.

"In that corner is the Samsung LN46A950. In case you don't have time to readthe complete blow-by-blow, we'll cut to the chase: the Sony XBR8 won. It delivered deeper black levels than the Samsung, along with less blooming andoff-angle fade, two issues you'll have to read about below."

But hell... what do the reviewers at CNET know. Its not like they do that kinda stuff for a living right. They don't have the expertise that you do whenit comes to HDTV's.

Lastly... this is an AMAZING deal on a Sony and you ARE hating. The argument can always be made that there are better deals to be had if you wait, buteventually you have to pull the trigger sometime or be stuck watching your 27" CRT TV while waiting for the deal of the century. Not really sure whatmore you can want in terms of price for performance

eh, I'm one of those dudes who need a new 46"+ TV in my room..

but looking thru AVS forums, I'm just gonna ditch the LCD/LED TV endeavors and save up for a giant screen and a projector. Those dudes over there don'tplay around

Originally Posted by RawSheed

eh, I'm one of those dudes who need a new 46"+ TV in my room..

but looking thru AVS forums, I'm just gonna ditch the LCD/LED TV endeavors and save up for a giant screen and a projector. Those dudes over there don't play around
If you put up a screen and projector in your bedroom...
eek.gif

Never thought I'd meet someone who loves TV more than me, but you win man. Gettin the 42 in my bedroom was a small battle with my girl. If I brought in aprojector and a 80+" screen she will probably divorce my %*+ and throw my stuff out hahaha.

my friend and her husband just bought a home and they each have their separate "play rooms". he has a room with a projector and its connected to allof his game systems. It is really neat. I would like that for my husband as well.

LCD's are garbagio. Sorry.

Lastly... this is an AMAZING deal on a Sony and you ARE hating. The argument can always be made that there are better deals to be had if you wait, but eventually you have to pull the trigger sometime or be stuck watching your 27" CRT TV while waiting for the deal of the century. Not really sure what more you can want in terms of price for performance
I'd rather keep the CRT
grin.gif

i have the same exact sony in this deal ... ive never seen a better picture in person ... everyone comes to my house to watch football games ... everyonealways says this is amazing when they walk in ... maybe its just the fios HD i have ... but i love this tv had it since it first came out hot off the market...

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

my friend and her husband just bought a home and they each have their separate "play rooms". he has a room with a projector and its connected to all of his game systems. It is really neat. I would like that for my husband as well.

you think it's possible if you can get a pic of this? I'm curious how this looks like
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i have the same exact sony in this deal ... ive never seen a better picture in person ... everyone comes to my house to watch football games ... everyone always says this is amazing when they walk in ... maybe its just the fios HD i have ... but i love this tv had it since it first came out hot off the market ...

I would love for you to see what a decent plasma would do hooked up in your house. It would blow you away. I swear.

I just hit this deal up, got the 52", the ps3, uncharted 2, taking of pelpham, 2 Monster HDMI cables, and a 4 year warranty from best buy. My total cameout to about $2000. Not bad IMO.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

my friend and her husband just bought a home and they each have their separate "play rooms". he has a room with a projector and its connected to all of his game systems. It is really neat. I would like that for my husband as well.

you think it's possible if you can get a pic of this? I'm curious how this looks like
glasses.gif

mmm. i can ask. we live in seperate states.

You might be a plasma head but to say lcd's are "garbagio" , come on now
smh.gif
. And yeah, I know what you're gonna say about why you think aplasma's better (blacks etc). Don't get me wrong, I love my plasma.

I have both a plasma (panny P50G10) & LCD (sony 52Z5100) but I personally like my lcd a tad bit more. And that's why I jumped on that 46W bundle.It's just my opinion at the end of the day

I just hit this deal up, got the 52", the ps3, uncharted 2, taking of pelpham, 2 Monster HDMI cables, and a 4 year warranty from best buy. My total came out to about $2000. Not bad IMO.

Ahhh, they got you. HDMI's at monoprice.com are just as good for about 90% cheaper. The warranty might be useful but most of the time if your tvdoesn't fail you within the 1st year or so, your good to go. I guess peace of mind is worth it though

Honestly I don't even watch TV in my room but I'm thinking about taking my 42" out the living room and putting one of these in there.

Originally Posted by h3at23

I just hit this deal up, got the 52", the ps3, uncharted 2, taking of pelpham, 2 Monster HDMI cables, and a 4 year warranty from best buy. My total came out to about $2000. Not bad IMO.

Ahhh, they got you. HDMI's at monoprice.com are just as good for about 90% cheaper. The warranty might be useful but most of the time if your tv doesn't fail you within the 1st year or so, your good to go. I guess peace of mind is worth it though

Having the peace of mind to know that my TV is covered for 4 years is worth it. If im going to drop 1000< on a tv, might as well drop another 200$ to makesure its good to go for 4 years. And the reason I went with the monster cables, is that they are guaranteed for life. And if they come out with a better cable,just call them, and they will upgrade your cable for free. Sounds like a hell of a deal to me.

Originally Posted by nnarum

I would love for you to see what a decent plasma would do hooked up in your house. It would blow you away. I swear.

lets not get it twisted, a plasma tv has THE BEST picture out, by far bar none case closed end of story /debate ...
laugh.gif
... but when you take into account the possible burn issues, price tag andindividual needs ... my tv > plasma ...

Back
Top Bottom