Soooooo BFA, lets get them album sales.....i see wu tang @ 68,478 *update!..1st page*

laugh.gif

plus i wanna see if soulja boy hit gold this week
pimp.gif

There were no monster debuts this week, but a slew of hip-hop and R&B albums made an impression on the charts during the pre-Christmas rush.

Bow Wow & Omarion scored this week's highest debut with their collabo album, Face Off, which landed at No. 11 and moved 107,000 copies in its first week out, according to Billboard. [Check Bow Wow as he explains their collabo and the longest video shoot ever.]

Birdman has been in some legal trouble as of late, but his rap game seems to be on track. The Cash Money CEO's 5 * Stunna debuted at No. 18, selling 86,000 copies with some help from guest artists Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Fat Joe and surrogate son Lil' Wayne .

R&B crooner Mario debuted at No. 21 this week with his sophomore effort Go!, which sold 77,000 copies. The disc features spots from Juelz Santana and Rich Boy. [Peep video of Mario as he speaks on moving beyond Ne-Yo collabos.]

Staten Island collective Wu-Tang Clan aired out their creative differences in the media but managed to debut at No. 25 this week, pushing 68,000 copies of their comeback album, 8 Diagrams.

Def Jam artist The-Dream, best known for penning hits including Rihanna's "Umbrella" and J. Holiday's "Bed," debuted at No. 30 this week with 59,000 copies sold of his solo effort "Love/Hate."

South Philly rapper Beanie Sigel debuted at No. 37 with his fourth album, The Solution, which moved 49,000 units in its first week out. The disc features guest spots from R. Kelly, Scarface, Ghostface and Styles P. [Peep this video where Beans speaks out about the Roc breakdown.]

Gucci Mane's disc Back to the Traphouse, the A-town rapper's major label debut, debuted at No. 64 with 31,700 discs sold. The album features guest spots from Lil' Kim, Ludacris, Rich Boy, Trey Songz, Shawnna and the late Pimp C.

why cats think album sales still hold signifigant meaning in hip-hop other than the shirt and ties who sit in the office trying to cash in on rap anyway?

Originally Posted by skips kicks

why cats think album sales still hold signifigant meaning in hip-hop other than the shirt and ties who sit in the office trying to cash in on rap anyway?

People just wanna see the numbers. Aint that serious..

considering they had the worst promo for an album possible..wu tangs numbers aint surprising

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Damn this is wrong . . . Why yall do the lil homie like that??

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yea I feel you skips kicks but some dudes feel connected to the rapper that they want to do well

smokin.gif

Damn I agree with most of what he says about rap but I can't help laugh everytime that pic gets posted.

Originally Posted by NYVictory45

Damn I agree with most of what he says about rap but I can't help laugh everytime that pic gets posted.
lol

yea BFA a cool dude though.

memphisboi going at Wu to prove a point??? You certified lame son. Their legacy > than anything to come out of your way.

It really kinda amazes me how cats really sit down during their normal lives and think about an internet personality. Mickey Moss in particular must have amiserable life because every post is either in a thread I'm in or talking about my pic.

Btw I coulda sworn I posted Soundscans last week and the week before and so on.... so why would I be shook to post them now I'm not even at home that'swhy they haven't been posted. Some of yall really take this internet sh.. mad serious like foreal its sad

^ What gets me is how ppl depend on you to post them
laugh.gif
When you starteddoin it didnt anybody else ever try doin it to? dudes act like you puttin 4+ hours into those threads when its only copy n paste n then you comment onit
laugh.gif

If yall really wanna see the #s that bad there are sites google N_!

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom