Soooooo BFA, lets get them album sales.....i see wu tang @ 68,478 *update!..1st page*

laugh.gif
Hell naw . . . they'd go undefeated in the NBA, but if they came back outta retirement they'd be as sluggish as Wu is now . . . But I'msaying, you know how Wu was this dominant group in the 90s, now there just old geezers trying to rap . . . It pains me to say this, but they suck now . . .They're washed up

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

laugh.gif
Hell naw . . . they'd go undefeated in the NBA, but if they came back outta retirement they'd be as sluggish as Wu is now . . . But I'm saying, you know how Wu was this dominant group in the 90s, now there just old geezers trying to rap . . . It pains me to say this, but they suck now . . . They're washed up
And it has been this way for awhile now. Listen, I loved Wu-Tang as much as anyone else. I was Wu to the death--you could catch me drawing the"W" anywhere and everywhere whilst draped up in some Wu-Wear for many, many years. And I still love that time and era. But that era is FINISHED. The Wu of those times is GONE. Let's be honest with ourselves here folks. Nobody is saying you can't still like the Wu--hell, I still do. Butyou'll never catch me defending these dudes in this day and age. Why? They suck now. I'll defend the 90's $%## all damn day, no questions asked. That music DESERVES to be defended. But the newer stuff is just "meh". Are there some good cuts? Sure. But they're far and few between.

I think people equate the Wu with their classic material, and with good reason. But I also think people forget that all those classic albums don't giveyou a pass to put out subpar material. I'm not gonna automatically jock anything Wu-related just because they used to be ill. I will ALWAYS automaticallylisten to a Wu/solo album...that's not even a damn question. But some of you dudes just bob on the applehead just because, word to RZA.

But you'll never catch me defending these dudes in this day and age. Why? They suck now.
Who was defending their newer I SH???? Their last 2 albums were not up to par. I'm talking about The W.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

But you'll never catch me defending these dudes in this day and age. Why? They suck now.
Who was defending their newer I SH???? Their last 2 albums were not up to par. I'm talking about The W.
What was so good about The W?? . . . I Must've missed somethin

i wanna see him hit the 500k mark cause every week bfa posting the gross face next to his sales. i really wanna see the expression now

damn, didnt know this post grew like this

The wu did fall off. we are witnessing Curtis and g-unit in the process of fallin off themselves.

Curtis has taken an L from Kiss, Cam and Kanye the last few years. damn

he usually is number one with anything he releases. but i only seen his vid with akon about two times

The dip>g-unit

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

The wu did fall off. we are witnessing Curtis and g-unit in the process of fallin off themselves.

he usually is number one with anything he releases. but i only seen his vid with akon about two times

The dip>g-unit
1st Bold
Even the G Unit "Flops" sold double what Wu is gonna do . . .

2nd Bold
He lost to Cam??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OK . . . How'd he lose to Jadakiss?? Jada ain't done !!!$ since 50dissed him except make a bunch of mixtape tracks that noone heard . . . Its been 4 years since he's had a single, and or video, IF he ever comes out on RocA Fella theres no doubt in my mind that he will FLOP himself.

3rd Bold
Dipset?? Aight . . . Well if Cam EVER has a concert, maybe he can bring his own crew on stage with him . . . DipSet is finished . . . G Unit ain't whatthey used to be, but they're doin much better than the Dips

He lost to Cam??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OK . . . How'd he lose to Jadakiss?? Jada ain't done !!!$ since 50 dissed him except make a bunch of mixtape tracks that noone heard . . . Its been 4 years since he's had a single, and or video, IF he ever comes out on Roc A Fella theres no doubt in my mind that he will FLOP himself.
You're duckin the fact, he's talkin on wax. Curtis took those Ls just like how NaS won. If you think otherwise you're insane. Albumsales dont got nothin to do with it.

smokin.gif

You're duckin the fact, he's talkin on wax. Curtis took those Ls just like how NaS won. If you think otherwise you're insane. Album sales dont got nothin to do with it.
Exactly. You also quickly flipped it up from the quality of the music to record sales. Fif's last 2 albums have sucked also.

How has 50 ever lost a battle when he's never been in one?? I'm sure you guys have been listenin to hip hop long enough to know the differencebetween "diss" records and "battle" records . . . 50 doesn't make "battle" records cause he isn't a "battle" MC(or even a "batle" rapper) . . . I mean son just said it himself, 50 aint built for "battling" . . . no duh, thats why he doesn'tbattle . . . He disses dudes and they somehow fall apart afterwards . . . Probabaly by some odd coincidence, cause lord knows he hold little to noinfluence.
Exactly. You also quickly flipped it up from the quality of the music to record sales. Fif's last 2 albums have sucked also.

He said Wu is goin down like 50, but yet Wu ain't made a good album in 10 years, you see the difference?? As far as if an album is good or bad, That'sall subjective . . . I mean when an artist makes an album, if his fans like it, they like it . . . It may very well suck to everyone else, like for example,Soulja Boy, the 500K or so people who bought his album seem to be satisfied with his album, it may suck to us, but he's HIS satisfying customers, basicallywhat he was asked to do when he signed the contract, but Wu on the other hand, their own fans think the album sucks(me included), thats the difference . . . 50still was the best selling hip hop artist in the world . . .

Scan you were just complaining about Ghostface, the last relevant member of the Wu empire making "regular rap" these days . . . Saying he needs tomake "chamber music" do you consider any of the %@+@ Wu Tang CLAN has made since 97 "Chamber music" (besides the song)?? That %@+@ has beenawful, you know it

Scan you were just complaining about Ghostface, the last relevant member of the Wu empire making "regular rap" these days . . . Saying he needs to make "chamber music" do you consider any of the %@+@ Wu Tang CLAN has made since 97 "Chamber music" (besides the song)?? That %@+@ has been awful, you know it
Some of it. Like we've been arguing about. Wu's The W, Ghost's SC, Mata Killa's No Said Date, Killa Priest has a couple of bangingalbums (is he even Wu anymore??). Other than that, for the most part, NO........... The Wu is on the decline no doubt.

Lets just put it this way . . . If you wanna hear good new music, "Wu Tan Clan Ain't Nuthin To F**k Wit" . . .

Matter of fact . . .

*** Goes to make a "When Wu Tang Didn't SUCK" thread . . . ***

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

The dip>g-unit
1st Bold

2nd Bold
He lost to Cam??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OK . . . How'd he lose to Jadakiss?? Jada ain't done !!!$ since 50 dissed him except make a bunch of mixtape tracks that noone heard . . . Its been 4 years since he's had a single, and or video, IF he ever comes out on Roc A Fella theres no doubt in my mind that he will FLOP himself.

3rd Bold
Dipset?? Aight . . . Well if Cam EVER has a concert, maybe he can bring his own crew on stage with him . . . DipSet is finished . . . G Unit ain't what they used to be, but they're doin much better than the Dips

CURTIIIS!!>>>Funeral music

whether anyone heard it or not Jada ripped him. How u gonna expect him to flop on a bigger label such as the Roc
and he already went plat without them.

btw. 50 is about 500k behind Ye and probably wont reach 2x plat.

How has 50 ever lost a battle when he's never been in one?? I'm sure you guys have been listenin to hip hop long enough to know the difference between "diss" records and "battle" records . . . 50 doesn't make "battle" records cause he isn't a "battle" MC (or even a "batle" rapper) . . . I mean son just said it himself, 50 aint built for "battling" . . . no duh, thats why he doesn't battle . . . He disses dudes and they somehow fall apart afterwards . . . Probabaly by some odd coincidence, cause lord knows he hold little to no influence.
Whether it was a battle or rounds of diss songs he still lost. Thats actually even worse cuz he let dudes disrespect him on wax and had nothin tosay about it take the L man...
He said Wu is goin down like 50, but yet Wu ain't made a good album in 10 years, you see the difference??
Ya boy Curtis wasn't relevant in the rap game 10 years ago. What he is saying is just like the Wu fell off curtis is now falling off withalbums like the Massacre and Curtis. I dont see how you cant understand that it was a very simple comparison. Wu has fallen off and Curtis is in the process offallin off now. Also Id take ghost's regular raps over that garbage Curtis be spittin, dude use to kno how to make good music but it all disappeared withthe hype behind him. It wont be soon till dudes start he should fall back from hip hop too.

smokin.gif

i was jamming the massacre, was listening to im supposed to die tonight this morning on way to work

whether anyone heard it or not Jada ripped him. How u gonna expect him to flop on a bigger label such as the Roc
and he already went plat without them.

Jada went plat?

Regardless, this thread represents the 5th death of the music forum. R.I.P. I'll see you when you rise again in April '08.

So I guess 2Pac was a battle rapper too . . . So we can put 50 Cent, 2Pac, Canibus, and Eminem in the same category . . . They're ALL Batle Rappers . . .You learn somethin new in the music forum everyday . . .

And Bhudda . . . 50 was on Shut Em Down 98, and "How To Rob" dropped in 99, you can say he wasn't on, but the almighty Wu Tang Clan's owntook the time out to diss him . . . He was relveant enuff to be mentioned on what may be Ghostface's BEST peice of work. (and also mentioned on BigPun's last album)

He may be 500K behind Ye, but he's a MILLION ahead of Cam'ron . . .

^You know exactly what Im saying when I say irrelevant and thats again is not the topic at hand nut if you wanna compare being mentioned on a couple of tracksto where he's at now thats you I know those 2 are not the same. I aint groupin Curtis with rap battlers all Im sayin is he took numerous Ls. On wax thosediss songs were better than the ones he did simple as that.

smokin.gif

xBuddha Blessx wrote:
He said Wu is goin down like 50, but yet Wu ain't made a good album in 10 years, you see the difference??
Ya boy Curtis wasn't relevant in the rap game 10 years ago. What he is saying is just like the Wu fell off curtis is now falling off with albums like the Massacre and Curtis. I dont see how you cant understand that it was a very simple comparison. Wu has fallen off and Curtis is in the process of fallin off now. Also Id take ghost's regular raps over that garbage Curtis be spittin, dude use to kno how to make good music but it all disappeared with the hype behind him. It wont be soon till dudes start he should fall back from hip hop too.

smokin.gif

co-sign!
I don't understand how ppl like curtis? Like who listen's to that and say is dope.
eyes.gif
Or maybe my mind isn't open enough to know, whatever is just my opinion.
Lloyd Banks goes hard tho Ill give you that.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom