Sorry, but I think Ralph Lauren Polos are TOO COMMON these days...

co sign completely. I wish they could seperate the hood from the rest of us with their foolishness

Why because the "hood" is doing it, its gotta be foolish? maybe the "hood" things wearing khaki's n boat shoes is foolish. If anythingyou sound ignorant for generalizing a entire group of people.

*And if it matters i'm black, and was raised in the 'burbs.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

You want to know what I think?

indifferent.gif

polo is classic and timeless. it will never be played out. also, u can find almost anything name brand at tj maxx, ross or marshalls on a good day sothat's not saying much.

i mean, what should everyone wear?? 10deep?? the hundreds??

Originally Posted by JKickz1334

I'm not hating on them, or the next man ha, just the people who wear then every single day like they owe the company money. I'm not talking the news
ones, Im referring to the solid ones you can scoop at Ross and Marshalls.

i'm one of those ppl u speak of.
laugh.gif

my closet only consists of polo as far as shirts are concerned, but i'm 30 and i been doing this since high school. and i don't "think i'mdoin it," i'm just doin me. that's all.

i can say that i only have like 2 or 3 solid polos tho, if that matters
laugh.gif

i have copped a few shirts from marshalls, but the vast majority is from lord & taylor and macy's.

but again, what would YOU suggest i wear??

im going to stop wearing jordans because i saw a white dude with some on

you know once the burbs gets a hold of something it goes down the drain

white dudes never rocked jordans before why they wanna start now

i cant wait til they stop wearing jordans and leave it to us black people

what do people expect hood dudes to wear? people made fun of hood dudes for wearing @#$% like fubu and when they went and get good brands people dont want tobe associated with those brands no more either...i dont see the sense in that.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Gordon Gekko 979 wrote:

I want hood dudes to never touch this brand again, it's being tainted

Agreed.

smh.gif
yall lames actin like YALL invented the the brand or somethin. what give u more right to wear it then the next man. i swear, kids these days...

TheeQuickness

One, you're an idiot.

The first thing statement you quoted, yes that was me, the second one, not me. Nice try attempting to compare two statements you thought were by the same person, but actually were not. Instead, you look like the incompetent fool, but I already knew that just by looking at your avatar.

Second, when the hell did I ever say I was flossing in my G35? I never once had any undertone that hinted that I was showboating or boasting. I was simply posting about my recent purchase. If you wanna hate, bring it in that thread where I will gladly school you on whips, and how you most likely do not have your license yet. Yet, if you do, you're probably pushing a whip that has rims that are worth more than your car ,with some green hidden in the lining, riding around with your trunk bumping because your car is a old school piece of plastic with a muffler that is about to hit the asphalt. Fall back bro

I said it once, Ill say it again, Played out was the wrong phrase, too common is a better one. People can wear what they wish, I really have bigger things to worry about. I was making a simple observation about how trendy Polos have become.

You guys just love to not read and assume everything by the title. For the record, I never once made a racial suggestion.
laugh.gif

I don't know how to quote two people at the same time without a name. I clearly know that the second person was not you, and that person hasn't evenshown up in the thread again to defend himself.

And you're judging me by my avatar? I'm a pre-med major, and its even more plain to see that you have racial undertones in all of your posts. I loveall the judgements you made based on the CLEARLY SOLID evidence of my avatar because absolutely none of them are true
laugh.gif

and about your G35. In your post, you start getting all defensive when people started talking about it. "76k miles?" or "you're just buyingthe car to say you got it", and then you come with the whole "holier than thou" attitude against MR MONDAY NIGHT if I can recall. Ol "Iwork valet so I know a bunch of celebs".
eyes.gif

%@#@ outta here with that bs.

Excuse the miscomunication on the quotes though btw.

laugh.gif
@ you guys still arguing about this...of course everyone is gonna comein and say "its timeless i'm just doin me" the people OP is talking about aren't gonna come in and raise their hand...

Originally Posted by solefood229

i know right.. stick to wearin flip flops and etnies
grin.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solefood229

QFT!!! there are a lot of dumb !** post in this thread, who the hell give some of you the right to say "o I don't think hood dudes shouldwear polo" you think just because you're dressed in polo you're cured from being dumb as hell
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

..Alright, let me first state that I do in fact own a few of them, and I do wear them on occasion...but I honestly am getting sick of these people who wear it on a daily basis like they own stock in it.

Now, I'm not exactly hating on Ralph Lauren, just the Polos. They make very nice suits, button ups, etc, but I mean c'mon, to wear a polo or Ralph Lauren Solid T-shirt everyday? Sorry, but your not "flossin" when you wear stuff you can buy at TJ Maxx or Ross. This is mainly directed at all the "rich" high school kids around my way who consistently wear this stuff and think they're nice
roll.gif

Step the game up a little or at least switch it up every now and then. I miss with Tommy Bahahma, INC, Buckle, Lucky Brand/ Seven, etc....what ya'll think?
I think that you should have your mind on the ladies instead of young teenage boys.

Look,

There is no problem shopping at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc. Hell I do. I have bought Polo cologne from there, as well as many other things. I know for a factthough I DON'T attempt to boast in any of the clothing I buy or cars I drive.

Speaking of which..

TheeQuickness,

I owe you and apology for the quick assumption, just not many pre-med students are bumping Wayne at Emory around my way, but more power to you. I hope myfuture Dr. listens to some Wayne...

As for my job, I do know many celebs and athletes. I am not one to brag, it's just as aspect of my job. Ive had drinks with Ron White, hit on the drivingrange with Michael Jordan himself, know Mark DeRosa, Michael Turner, Mike Smith, and lots of others. So yes, I do know them and I have pictures if you REALLYdon't believe me

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

..Alright, let me first state that I do in fact own a few of them, and I do wear them on occasion...but I honestly am getting sick of these people who wear it on a daily basis like they own stock in it.

Now, I'm not exactly hating on Ralph Lauren, just the Polos. They make very nice suits, button ups, etc, but I mean c'mon, to wear a polo or Ralph Lauren Solid T-shirt everyday? Sorry, but your not "flossin" when you wear stuff you can buy at TJ Maxx or Ross. This is mainly directed at all the "rich" high school kids around my way who consistently wear this stuff and think they're nice
roll.gif

Step the game up a little or at least switch it up every now and then. I miss with Tommy Bahahma, INC, Buckle, Lucky Brand/ Seven, etc....what ya'll think?
I think that you should have your mind on the ladies instead of young teenage boys.

laugh.gif
this dude talking about step your game up.. and brings up seven/lucky brand.

Yes, they do need to step their game up. Seven jeans are pretty nice if you ask me, but if you're wearing something more expensive than those, props to youmy friend.

you dudes need to stop checking out other dudes and open your damn eyes...and your minds for that matter.

a) why the hell do you care what other dudes have on
b) i dunno about OP or whoever agrees with OP, but my preference is for the female gender...id rather check them out instead of worrying about some random dude

Man,

You guys really think Im "checking" other men out. Please...but I do notice what other people wear, I think we all do bro.

Man,

You guys really think Im "checking" other men out. Please...but I do notice what other people wear, I think we all do bro.

don't listen to these clowns on nt bro. The majority of people on nt are the same clowns you are discussing

Yes, they do need to step their game up. Seven jeans are pretty nice if you ask me, but if you're wearing something more expensive than those, props to you my friend.

buying expensive clothing != stepping your game up.

and i have a pair of lucky jeans, actually i have 2 (one was a gift) and the one i bought is easily my favorite pair of jeans i own... but there is nothingspecial about them to say that you are "stepping your game up" by buying them. and to say RL polos are too common? seriously?

I kinda agree with him, dudes out here rocking RL like its the new "fad"...nah son.

All of a sudden it's Polo everything...drawls, belt, jock strap (pause), hat, eyeglasses, house paint.

Back
Top Bottom