Sources: Hornets fire Scott

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

dude is so overrated as a HC its not even funny
Explain yourself
grin.gif

I'm not surprised. CP3 is frustrated and the team is tanking you could see the writing on the wall for Scott.

I'm sure he pushed for this. He's a fat egomaniac who has done nothing but be a detriment to the organization.

250_blog_buzz_5july2007.jpg

Work on getting rid of some of these losers you acquired, and the team wouldn't be so bad.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by h3at23

What was the Laker comment?
He said something like, "I'll always bleed purple and gold." In other words, he considers himself a Laker before anything else --basketball wise anyway.

But, since the Lakers are pretty set with coaches, I think his better for option for getting home LA's other team. Do it Mike Dunleavy.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Don't want him with the Lakers.

He doesn't make adjustments and teams quit on him.
this ... why do people back dudes that obviously cant coach? he is a DUD on the sidelines and was fortunate enough to have cp3 on his team or hisrecord would have probably went winless ...

Originally Posted by MJDaLegend

There're other coaches that deserves to be fired than him.

I'll glady have Bryon Scott than Don Nelson on the Warriors.
I'd welcome Byron Scott with open arms.

Byron Scott seems like a great dude. He goes golfing with Chris and Devin Brown all the time. Dope. Whatever.

On the sidelines... well, when one of your players is more authoritative and demanding than the coach, why are any of the other players going to respect him?Scott doesn't even seem to try to take control and motivate.

In years past, his rotations haven't really been an issue, but this season, it has potentially cost the team a win or two. I don't blame him for havingto put some of these fools on the floor, though; he didn't sign them.

I didn't expect him to make it into 2010 as the coach of this team, and honestly, there was a point last night where it crossed my mind that I would wakeup today and see him fired, but it was just a passing thought. Oh well.

There had better be a head coach not named Jeff Bower or Tim Floyd coaching this team at the beginning of next season.

"Attitude reflect leadership."

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Byron Scott seems like a great dude. He goes golfing with Chris and Devin Brown all the time. Dope. Whatever.

On the sidelines... well, when one of your players is more authoritative and demanding than the coach, why are any of the other players going to respect him? Scott doesn't even seem to try to take control and motivate.

In years past, his rotations haven't really been an issue, but this season, it has potentially cost the team a win or two. I don't blame him for having to put some of these fools on the floor, though; he didn't sign them.

I didn't expect him to make it into 2010 as the coach of this team, and honestly, there was a point last night where it crossed my mind that I would wake up today and see him fired, but it was just a passing thought. Oh well.

There had better be a head coach not named Jeff Bower or Tim Floyd coaching this team at the beginning of next season.
Well you should know that. I highly doubt that Bower and Floyd is the long term solution. This was just the first domino. Now it is time too seeif Bower will keep his role as GM or get dismissed. At least with this change we can see some new rotations and maybe the development of the younger guys. If Ihad to guess DX will get traded before the February deadline.

laugh.gif

Coaches are always blamed for the games they lose... Players are always given credit for the W's...

This move does nothing to help this Hornets squad.

Westcoast made a good point, Doc Rivers was a straight up BUM, dudes want him fired ASAP, they get 2 hall of famers, he wins championship and people thinkhe's a great coach now.

Scott didn't have the guns on his teams. Plain and simple.

I can certainly agree that he loses his team after 3 years or so, but they also don' t add players in those years to keep up with the Jones's so tospeak.
\
If he had good management, and good players, I think Scott could do some things. Maybe we'll find out.

This is the same team that lost to Denver by FIFTY-EIGHT points in a playoff game last year.
smh.gif

The Hornets are looking towards 2011 if they want to keep Paul past 2012. The team has pretty much its entire core under contract for 2010-11 already, andtheir salaries total over $73 million.
sick.gif

Does David West have any trade value?

Back
Top Bottom