Sources: Hornets fire Scott

Originally Posted by CP1708

\
If he had good management, and good players, I think Scott could do some things. Maybe we'll find out.
what head coach cant win like that tho?

and nobody thinks that bum Doc rivers is a great head coach

tired.gif

best of luck to you Byron. You already know he's gonna be a candidate to coach the Lakers when PJ's time is up

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Scott didn't have the guns on his teams. Plain and simple.
Same core.

56 wins (plus 7 in the playoffs)
49 wins (1)
3-6 start

You could coach the Celtics.

Same core two years older.

No Pargo, their most important player after CP3 two years ago.

No Chandler

Not the same Peja

And.......apparently I was wrong about Posey, he likes his money, he's not the same since he left the Celts.

It's not the same team as 2 years ago. Maybe that goes on Scott for not improving them, but it can't all be his fault. Peja used to know how toshoot. That lob play to Chandler over and over and over was unstoppable. Pargo off the bench was instant buckets one after the other. That's a lot tochange. And all that while other teams improve. LA, Dallas, Port, Phoenix etc etc

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

laugh.gif

Coaches are always blamed for the games they lose... Players are always given credit for the W's...

This move does nothing to help this Hornets squad.

Exactly

byron scot is not a bad coach. i think it was pointless to fire him and the team didn't have anybody worth calling home about outside of CP3. with talent,scott could still do damage. i would much rather have him than hollins. isn't his overall record is like 3 games under .500?

Chandler was worthless last season. Okafor easily matches his best production from 2007.

Peja is fine. He's the same player he's been for years.

This season's bench is better than any of the past few years. Bobby Brown is Janeero Pargo.

^
Pargo was their Vinnie Johnson. They never shoulda let him go. And I'm not much of a West guy.

And Peja is not even close to his final days in Sac. Come on.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Scott didn't have the guns on his teams. Plain and simple.
Same core.

56 wins (plus 7 in the playoffs)
49 wins (1)
3-6 start

You could coach the Celtics.

Same core two years older.

No Chandler

Not the same Peja

And.......apparently I was wrong about Posey, he likes his money, he's not the same since he left the Celts.

It's not the same team as 2 years ago. Maybe that goes on Scott for not improving them, but it can't all be his fault. Peja used to know how to shoot. That lob play to Chandler over and over and over was unstoppable. Pargo off the bench was instant buckets one after the other. That's a lot to change. And all that while other teams improve. LA, Dallas, Port, Phoenix etc etc

Oh and you can't forget about Mike James and Bonzi Wells
eyes.gif

Chandler isn't the same as he was 2 yrs ago. Pargo is not the same as he was 2 yrs ago. Pargo would've been the old/new Posey. Overpaid and worthlesscause he sure is doing wonders for the Bulls right now

I meant since he's been in New Orleans. He does his job just fine.

Ok, got ya.

They moved him back into the starting lineup.....you good with that? To me, I think he needs to be out there to stretch D away from West and Emeka. Idon't think him shooting off the bench helps. Isn't that esentially what Posey does? I know Pose doesn't play the same D he was, but he stillknocks down open 3's.

I meant since he's been in New Orleans. He does his job just fine.

Is this serious?

He was 0-8 last night. He's shooting 35% from the field.

HE IS THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER ON THE TEAM. He is not doing "his job" anywhere close to fine. He is the biggest part of the problem there.

They moved him back into the starting lineup.....you good with that?
I was a huge supporter of Julian Wright starting.

People say it didn't work out, but I completely disagree. He wasn't out there to score. He was out there to add defense, athleticism and hustle, and topick up the pace. He did all that, and even though he started those first seven games, he hardly ever saw the floor in the second half. Having Peja andPosey/Peterson on the floor at the same time in the fourth quarter really hurt the team. Why would you not have your best on-ball defender on the floor downthe stretch? Now, Wright isn't starting, and he isn't playing... at all. Byron Scott has always had problems with him, for whatever reason.
Is this serious?

He was 0-8 last night. He's shooting 35% from the field.

HE IS THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER ON THE TEAM. He is not doing "his job" anywhere close to fine. He is the biggest part of the problem there.
I don't disagree with that at all, but you can't really let the contract dictate him; everybody knew it was a mistake.

He's a streak shooter. The percentages go up and come down.

He's old and slow. His job has changed. Whether the production shows or not, his presence is very important to the offense.

It would be great to rid the organization of his contract, but it probably isn't going to happen.

Peja is done. CP3 needs some young, athletic bodies to drop dimes to. I don't even think Steve Nash can turn that Hornet team into a playoff contender....

Hornets fans better pray that Sam Mitchell isn't the long term replacement for Scott.

Byron Scott has always been an under-rated coach in the NBA. He'll have no trouble landing another job in 2010.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Hornets fans better pray that Sam Mitchell isn't the long term replacement for Scott.

Byron Scott has always been an under-rated coach in the NBA. He'll have no trouble landing another job in 2010.

I came into this thread to say EXACTLY this. If Smitch becomes head coach... well lets not go there
laugh.gif

Byron had no players besides CP3. I wish the dude best of luck. He wont have any trouble landing a job in the near future.

Notes from the Hornets press conference:

1:54 p.m.: Bower does not have an interim tag on his title. He is the Hornets coach, and there will be no search for a replacement. He has no experience as a head coach at any level.

1:52 p.m.: Bower will retain his position as general manager.

1:50 p.m.: Jeff Bower has been named the Hornets' head coach and Tim Floyd the lead assistant coach.

1:57 p.m.: Weber: "We're not in a rebuilding mode."

laugh.gif

2:18 p.m.: West says having played for Floyd before, the team will not be as "predictable" as it had been.

2:14 p.m.: West describes "philosophical differences" between Scott and some players on the team. He describes the team as often "stagnant."

2:12 p.m.: West: "I think we got to the point to where things we were doing just weren't effective."

2:10 p.m.: Forward David West will meet the media.

ohwell.gif
Yeah they gave up on Scott...emphasizing defense and having aboring offense equals a recipe for disaster.
2:20 p.m.: Team officials say Chris Paul had a previous commitment, and will not be available for comment until Friday.
tired.gif
See what had happened was...

How many times are people going to say that Chris Paul is the only good player on this team before they realize that it isn't true at all?

Byron Scott lost his team. Byron Scott ran the slowest offense in basketball. There were six new players brought in. Hilton Armstrong, James Posey and MorrisPeterson play for the Hornets.

Those are the problems (basketball problems, at least) facing this team. It is all very salvageable.

How many times are people going to say that Chris Paul is the only good player on this team before they realize that it isn't true at all?

Byron Scott lost his team. Byron Scott ran the slowest offense in basketball. There were six new players brought in. Hilton Armstrong, James Posey and Morris Peterson play for the Hornets.

Those are the problems (basketball problems, at least) facing this team. It is all very salvageable.
But do you think those problems are primarily coaching/philosophy related, or roster related?

It's tough for me to say because I don't watch the team enough, but from what I have seen, I wholeheartedly agree that the players quit on Scott. Butis that a problem with Byron Scott or with his players? Byron Scott is a proven winner in this league, after all.

I said earlier in this thread that the Hornets don't really have a lot of talent, and I stick by that statement.

[table][tr][td]NAME[/td] [td]GP[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]A/TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]TECH[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34.3[/td] [td]26.1[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]1.56[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]4.20[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]David West[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34.4[/td] [td]15.4[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]1.33[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.46[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Emeka Okafor[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]30.2[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Peja Stojakovic[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]25.3[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.22[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.57[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Devin Brown[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]17.6[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.80[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bobby Brown[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]17.6[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.11[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.44[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Morris Peterson[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]18.5[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]0.17[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marcus Thornton[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]0.75[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.33[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Darius Songaila[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]14.3[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.22[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.25[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Darren Collison[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8.8[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.40[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.33[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James Posey[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]18.4[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.56[/td] [td]0.11[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Julian Wright[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]0.22[/td] [td]0.33[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.62[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hilton Armstrong[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]17.7[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.89[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.86[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
I don't even care about the stats...who else is any good on this team besides CP3 and West?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I said earlier in this thread that the Hornets don't really have a lot of talent, and I stick by that statement.

[table][tr][td]NAME[/td] [td]GP[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]A/TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]TECH[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34.3[/td] [td]26.1[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]1.56[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]4.20[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]David West[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34.4[/td] [td]15.4[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]1.33[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.46[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Emeka Okafor[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]30.2[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Peja Stojakovic[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]25.3[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.22[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.57[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Devin Brown[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]17.6[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.80[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bobby Brown[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]17.6[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.11[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.44[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Morris Peterson[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]18.5[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]0.17[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marcus Thornton[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]0.75[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.33[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Darius Songaila[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]14.3[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.22[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.25[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Darren Collison[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8.8[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.40[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.33[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James Posey[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]18.4[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.56[/td] [td]0.11[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Julian Wright[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]0.22[/td] [td]0.33[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.62[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hilton Armstrong[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]17.7[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.89[/td] [td]0.44[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.86[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
I don't even care about the stats...who else is any good on this team besides CP3 and West?
They have the worst players at the 2/3 positions in the NBA.

LOL @ the hornets having a good team.

they suck..no talent outside of CP3.

david west is a jump shooting big man that cant bang down low (nh)

Back
Top Bottom