Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

I guess I'd be the only one to do the Harris + Stack deal.

IMO, this is the chance for the Mavs to win it and that can help a great deal

You'd still have Howard and Dirk to pair with Kidd....still have Terry, Diop, etc.

It would hurt depth, but I would do it.

I don't see that current roster getting a title.

I dont think people around the country realize Harris is actually pretty good.

And while I would trade stack, Dallas would prefer someone else. Stack, I believe is their team leader, not Dirk. Trading away your team leader midway thru theseason could be problematic and cause chemistry issues.

If it means the Mavs giving up Harris + JET/Stack, I wouldn't do it.

The Mavs can win with their current lineup, as is.

Getting Kidd would be nice no doubt, but they'd be losing a key member off the bench.

LeBron's pretty vocal in the paper today about wanting Kidd. He says that Kidd = NBA title.

Its in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. I'll post the article later.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

LeBron's pretty vocal in the paper today about wanting Kidd. He says that Kidd = NBA title.

There is no way that Kidd stays in the East. (At least i hope not)
eyes.gif

Harris has such nice potential. Plus he is really moving into the third scorer spot. Not so sure trading him is an awesome idea. Of course it is Kidd we aretalking about.

Too bad the Cavs have absolutely 0 tradeable assets that the Nets would want.

Or anybody would really want for that matter.

We have expiring contracts and young talent like Gibson and Shannon Brown. Heck throw in Dru and the Nets find the scoring big man they need. The Cavs are justas much a player in the talks as the Mavs or Lakers

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Mavs fan? Please.....

I could care less what you have to say because it doesn't matter. You didn't win the chip last year and neither did we. We had a 3 peat and yall won one chip this decade so we both did somethings. We all just trying to get back to the promise land.
Well if you're not a mavs fan then you should not have responded because I was referring to the dallas guy that said the original comment

But you were just itching to respond, so now i will respond to you. Have fun with your "Return to the :tongue:romise Land" AKA another quick playoff exit, while i enjoy my lottery balls in peace

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
Have fun with that.

OK, I've finally figured out this Keith Van Horn contract scenario... Since Van Horn never officially retired or signed with another team, the Mavericksstill own his bird rights or rights to use him as a sign and trade asset. Since he made 15 million in the last year of his previous deal, he can be signed forthat amount of money, with a 3 year deal where only the first is guaranteed. Making him essentially a $15 million expiring contract... That'seasily the best asset a team like New Jersey could hope for at this point, assuming they've got brains and realize they need to commit to afull-blown rebuilding project.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

to all you fans saying "We dont need Kidd" or "dont mess with the chemistry of the team." Its JASON KIDD. The Mavs would be better with him. The Blazers would be better with him. You fans are out of your mind. Oh and please use the ESPN TRADE MACHINE if you are planning on proposing a trade in this thread. The Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar for Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson is not only laughable, its 14 MILLION dollars off.......Laker and Cavalier fans are always the best when it comes to proposing trades. Such unrealistic fans (for the most part).
I am NOT reaching my friend. Every single time there is a big player who might be on the move, Cavs fans post ridiculous trade offers that try tobring that player to Cleveland. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Its just as bad, if not worse than Laker fans. At least Laker fans have Lamar Odom to include. What dothe Cavs have? Larry Hughes?
laugh.gif
Come on now. Im not reaching to try to bash Cav fans. And I know, regardless of whether or not people cosign this onthis thread, they agree with me.

^^ you make no sense at all my friend.

You can't even provide an example of these alleged Cavs fans. Some people ( probably you included) just hate the Cavs just because. It truly is saddening.

^^ you make no sense at all my friend.

You can't even provide an example of these alleged Cavs fans. Some people ( probably you included) just hate the Cavs just because. It truly is saddening.

Why would I hate the Cavs? I hate the fact that any team has management that cant put a good team around one of the best players in the NBA, but I donthate the Cavs at all. I just think the team is trash, aside from LBJ. As far as not being able to come up with an example? Come on now. Are you going tosit there and tell me that you havent seen BS trade proposals by Cavs fans?

hopefully the lakers give some of there young talent kidd....i think it could win us a championship....a legit chance

[h3]LeBron: Get Kidd, get Cavs NBA title[/h3] [h4]Posted by Mary Schmitt Boyer January 30, 2008 00:07AM[/h4]
Categories: Cavaliers

Portland, Ore. -- LeBron James said he hadn't talked to his good friend Jason Kidd on Tuesday, a day after the New Jersey Nets point guard asked to be traded.

James said he hadn't talked to Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry either. He didn't think that was necessary.

"When it gets to a point like that, where you see Jason Kidd wants to be traded, you shouldn't have to go to the front office and tell them to get on it," James said after the Cavs practiced at the Nike headquarters in preparation for tonight's game against the Trail Blazers. "It's Jason Kidd. It's not someone else asking for a trade. It's Jason Kidd. You shouldn't have to go to anybody in the front office for them to be ready to try to jump on it."

James and Kidd have gotten to know each other through practices for the U.S. Olympic team, and the idea of playing together during the regular season is more than a little appealing.

"Like I've been quoted before, I would love to have a guy like Jason Kidd be a part of this franchise," James said. "It would make us that much better of a team if you get a guy like that. Everyone knows how much I love Jason Kidd. . . . It's not hard to see how much I would love to have him play for this team."

James made it perfectly clear where he stood on the matter.

Asked if getting Kidd would mean an NBA championship for the Cavs, James said emphatically: "Yeah. . . . It's that easy."

Kidd's availability became an issue Monday night, when he told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher on ESPN.com: "We tried to make this work. We've found out it doesn't. It's time for us all to move on."

Reporters descended on the Nets' practice facility for Tuesday's shootaround before the Nets' home game against the Milwaukee Bucks, but Kidd did not address the media at that time. He also did not talk to reporters during the open locker room period before the game.

Nets General Manager Rod Thorn admitted Kidd's request, after the point guard repeatedly denied that he wanted to be traded, probably would hinder the Nets' ability to make a deal.

Thorn did indicate a willingness to try and accommodate Kidd, but it won't be easy to trade the soon-to-be-35-year-old who makes $19.7 million this season and $21.3 million next season. Thorn also said he wouldn't make a deal that wasn't advantageous to his team. The Nets likely are seeking young players and veterans with expiring contracts.

The Cavs have the former but not the latter. Although Ferry declined to comment on the trade rumors as is his custom, he is well aware that his team's name will be mentioned every time a prominent point guard becomes available. It was well known the Cavs tried to acquire Sacramento's Mike Bibby last summer, when they also pursued a number of other free-agent point guards. So it only makes sense they'd be mentioned in talks about Kidd and/or Damon Stoudamire, waived Monday by Memphis. There's still unsigned free agent Earl Boykins as well.

So could the Cavs acquire Kidd? The deal certainly would have to appeal to owner Dan Gilbert, who pledged after last year's appearance in the NBA Finals to do whatever was necessary to improve. The Cavs could offer a package including the improving Larry Hughes, with two years left on the five-year, $60 million he signed before the 2005-06 season, plus Drew Gooden, scheduled to make about $6.4 million this year, and Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, who makes less than $700,000.

The injured Sasha Pavlovic, who re-signed with the Cavs on Nov. 1, could be available, but the injured Anderson Varejao would not be available for trade purposes because he will not have been with the Cavs for 90 days before the Feb. 21 trading deadline. In fact, because of Varejao's injury, it's possible the Cavs might have to look to acquire a forward or center before the trading deadline instead of a guard.
No matter what the circumstances, giving away young talent is never easy. However, chances to get players like Kidd don't come along very often either. Whether Thorn would be willing to trade Kidd to an Eastern Conference team is another question, although it's unlikely the rebuilt Nets would be ready to challenge the Cavs before Kidd's contract was up after next season.

What deal does Cleveland make though? They're another team that may not have the pieces to make this deal without a third deal.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What deal does Cleveland make though? They're another team that may not have the pieces to make this deal without a third deal.
sad but true.

The Cavs haven't pulled off a mid season blockbuster since Larry Nance 150 years ago.

Discussions on a possible 3 way trade:

[h3]The Three Way[/h3]
The Nets are involved in discussions on a three-way trade with the Dallas Mavericks and Portland Trail Blazers, as we first reported on the print side today.

The deal, which would send Jason Kidd to Dallas, includes at least 12 players, draft picks and some cash, and yes, it could happen.
http://
League sources tell us that, the Nets would get point guard Jarrett Jack, swingman Travis Outlaw, forward Channing Frye, a No. 1 pick and cash from Portland and forward Devean George, center DeSagana Diop, swingman Jerry Stackhouse, a No. 1 cash from the Mavericks.

In the proposed trade, Malik Allen and either Darrell Armstrong or Jamaal Magloire also would go from the Nets to Dallas, the sources said.

The Nets likely would buy out Stackhouse with some of the money they're getting back, but they still would need to make another move before doing this deal. They essentially are trading three-for-six and with 13 players on the roster before the deal, they would have one too many after.

So the Nets would have to move someone else for a pick or trade exception in order to have roster room to make this deal work. Unless, some names will be added or subtracted, but now you see why these deals are so hard to pull off.

The way I'm hearing it is Devin Harris is involved, but he would be going to Portland.

Why aren't the Nets getting him? My first thought exactly.

Maybe the Blazers insisted they get him or they want no part of the deal or it's that Harris, who signed a five-year, $50 million extension last summer, is too rich for the Nets' blood.

They're trying to get younger, but also have some cap flexibility and draft picks to make other moves now, this summer and beyond.

This isn't imminent, from what we understand, but it's in discussion. The Nets have to clear roster room and also surely are getting inundated with phone calls with other offers that they have to sift through in case something comes up that is better.

The Nets continue to say they're in no rush to do something. They have three weeks and one day until the trade deadline and Kidd just publicly requested a trade two days ago, even though the Nets have been listening to offers for him and everyone else for some time.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/01/the-three-way.html

Why would the Blazers break up there stable of young players in a deal that doesn't get them Kidd? If I'm the Nets, I love that deal getting cash, acouple players and two picks to go with my own. Not to mention letting go of Kidd's contract.

Harris at point would slide Roy over to the two......I still don't see why they break off Jack, Outlaw, and Frye plus the pick and cash. That's a lot.

to all you fans saying "We dont need Kidd" or "dont mess with the chemistry of the team." Its JASON KIDD. The Mavs would be better with him. The Blazers would be better with him. You fans are out of your mind. Oh and please use the ESPN TRADE MACHINE if you are planning on proposing a trade in this thread. The Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar for Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson is not only laughable, its 14 MILLION dollars off.......Laker and Cavalier fans are always the best when it comes to proposing trades. Such unrealistic fans (for the most part).

I am NOT reaching my friend. Every single time there is a big player who might be on the move, Cavs fans post ridiculous trade offers that try to bring that player to Cleveland. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Its just as bad, if not worse than Laker fans. At least Laker fans have Lamar Odom to include. What do the Cavs have? Larry Hughes?
laugh.gif
Come on now. Im not reaching to try to bash Cav fans. And I know, regardless of whether or not people cosign this on this thread, they agree with me.
Yes, you are. There's 4 consistent Cavs posters on here and I can attest none of us posted those. Then you get into bashing Hughes and saying we have no tradeable assets, probably because you've gone through the thread and realize I'm right. And what is this 'EVERY SINGLE TIME'? I don't normally do this but:

indifferent.gif

Oh, and we have tradeable assets. We're in this just as any other team is...

Dallas fans are foolish as hell to not want Kidd for Harris and Stack.

Actually, not really. Although I probably would, Harris for Kidd STRAIGHT UP would be hard to pull the trigger on. Why? Kidd cannot score for his life. Harriscan score, he's learning how to pass the ball efficiently, he won't grab 9 rebounds because the Mavericks don't need him to. Give up Stackhouse aswell, and then we have hard time filling in the void for scoring. Stackhouse can give up 20 in a game if we need him to and everyone else is off, could Kidd dothat? Hell no!

Well, if you look at players who somewhat demanded for a trade and what that team got in return, just look at the past. Allen Iverson, probably the second bestscorer (if not first) in the past 7-8 years was traded for Andre Miller and Joe Smith, and a couple picks. Great deal for the Sixers? Not really, nope. AndreMiller wasn't bad in Denver, but he was expendable. It may be just a single occasion, and the KG trade wasn't a HORRENDOUS deal, but for a team likethe Mavericks who are already an elite caliber team, they're not going to trade KEY pieces to their team for a projected upgrade.

The return the Nets are getting back on that proposed 3-teamer seems a bit steep for a guy that no longer want's to be there and has gone public with hisdesires... Sorry, I'm not trading a young, developing PG, our best player off the bench, and our best defender inside for Kidd and a bunch of crap.Especially when you figure we're sending picks either way as well... Yeah, we're upgrading at PG, but it kills our depth and makes us even weakerinside...

The return the Nets are getting back on that proposed 3-teamer seems a bit steep for a guy that no longer want's to be there and has gone public with his desires... Sorry, I'm not trading a young, developing PG, our best player off the bench, and our best defender inside for Kidd and a bunch of crap. Especially when you figure we're sending picks either way as well... Yeah, we're upgrading at PG, but it kills our depth and makes us even weaker inside...

that's exactly what I was thinking. Jkidd is a great PG, but Outlaw, Jack, Frye, Stackhouse, and Diop in return for him would be insane. I highly doubt Dallas would do this deal

Yes, you are. There's 4 consistent Cavs posters on here and I can attest none of us posted those. Then you get into bashing Hughes and saying we have no tradeable assets, probably because you've gone through the thread and realize I'm right. And what is this 'EVERY SINGLE TIME'? I don't normally do this but:

indifferent.gif

Oh, and we have tradeable assets. We're in this just as any other team is...

Id love to know what tradeable assets you think you have. The Nets are looking for veterans with expiring contracts (which you have none), and goodyoung talent (which you have minimal). And as far as my Hughes "bashing" is concerned, its reasonable. The Cavs have been trying to unload him fora while now, with ZERO takers. He is not very good and has a HUGE, nonexpiring contract. So what does that leave you with as far as tradeable assets?Remember you HAVE to match salaries in NBA trades. Kidd makes nearly 20 million dollars a year. What trade can you put together that matches the salary ofKidd close enough that the trade will go through. Please inform me.

And btw, all you need to do is look at the other Lebron-kidd thread to know that you are not right. Even one of your fellow Cavs fans admitted I was right.

Back
Top Bottom