Space Jam Sequel, Starring LeBron James

Thought it was a good kids movie. Some funny jokes and interesting references. The random movie references were unexpected.

Knew that MJ was gonna make an appearance and the jokes were funny. Wearing those FOG1s hurt my soul though.

Should have played Hit Em High instead of Ghetto Superstar.

4/5

The thing that made the movie suck is that the entire film was a walking advertisement - Warner Bros tryna flex by showing all the properties that they own. Completely took away from the movie.
Somebody else said that. What properties exactly?

Meh

cool movies for kids for sure. Shocked I watched the whole thing with my girl, she actually enjoyed it and said the same thing it’s mainly for kids. Got a few laughs

need to rewatch the original, haven’t seen it in decades

Really enjoyed the movie, would watch again. The Lebron meme scene after halftime of the game was pretty funny. I actually thought it was creative how they incorporated so much Warner Bros IP and I’m sure of a lot movie references went over my head.

Lebron fans: Ding
Arguing with MJ fans: Ding
About which Space Jam is better: Ding
Collision Course! Ding
Your grown what the Hell Ya'll doing: DING
Speaking of Hell.....Art Briles: Ding

I was 10 and a huge Jordan fan when the original came out so I know my opinion is going to be bias, but A New Legacy was terrible. it's a basketball movie that doesn't want to be a basketball movie. you watch the original and immediately want to pick up a ball. certainly don't feel that way after watching this.

Was your wife raised in the US?
Yep. She knew of a few others but I knew everyone by name. She had no clue who the old lady was. Looney Tunes weren’t on regular tv during her cartoon watching years. The old Looney Tune Cartoons were from the late 60s and were prime time entertainment at the time. My wife grew up on Fox Kids which dominated kids programming.

I was 10 and a huge Jordan fan when the original came out so I know my opinion is going to be bias, but A New Legacy was terrible. it's a basketball movie that doesn't want to be a basketball movie. you watch the original and immediately want to pick up a ball. certainly don't feel that way after watching this.
It not being a “basketball only” movie was the point. It’s more of a sign of the times especially with more kids preferring to play video games these days.

Maybe your were a computer kid this whole time but was never allowed to “do you”? 🤷🏽‍♂️

literally all of them.

Game of Thrones
Harry Potter
Matrix
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
King Kong
LOTR
and much more.

think of Ready Player One but throughout the entire film and not just the ending.
Ah ok. I thought it was so random how they showed all those other films/shows. Didn't know what was going on.

It low key happended ..when bugs stole the ball

34DEA62A-A98C-406C-8660-7DB162C9921B.jpeg

5821FA0B-07EC-4FD8-9065-E3FBE9A14D39.jpeg

Movie was cool, not terrible but the beginning was pretty bad. I feel like if they had funnier actors they could have pulled off a top notch movie. The family and Malik really didn’t work well. Lebron is supposed to be the guy watching his family/friends be funny(he should have minimal lines). Imagine if they had top notch actors playing Malik or the mom. Hate to bag on kid actors but both sons had zero charisma…remember the kids from the original space jam? What about the daughter? She was just there smh. Idk why but the script gave Bron too many lines. When they got to the court the movie was much better tho. The plot actually made sense and would have work but damn they really bombed with the casting and script.

Back
Top Bottom