Space Jam Sequel, Starring LeBron James

Looney Tunes even relevant for today's kids besides at Six Flags parks? My nephews (4 yrs) are all about Mickey and Disney or anything on Nickelodeon. They don't watch any of the classic Looney Tunes compared to me as a kid. I didn't really mess with Mickey like that, Bugs was always cooler

Looney Tunes even relevant for today's kids besides at Six Flags parks? My nephews (4 yrs) are all about Mickey and Disney or anything on Nickelodeon. They don't watch any of the classic Looney Tunes compared to me as a kid. I didn't really mess with Mickey like that, Bugs was always cooler
Still remember buying the cd

They should’ve dropped some Iceberg retro gear to coincide with this movie.

Lebron family sucked and Lebron should be Lebron like on the shop opposed to acting. When ge acts he put on a super white girl, animated, voice, which makes it corny.

This my only issue really with the film. Lebron was playing a character they named Lebron as opposed to being himself. We know too much about real life lebron for this story to work and it hurt the acting. I can't picture Lebron pushing bball that hard on his kid(s) or being that out of the loop with their interest given what we see from him. MJ's character in his story was catered a lil bit more to MJ + we didn't really know how he was as a father or off the court/diamond. I wish LBJ's story was more about facing adversity or responding when things aren't ideal (ie: cle/mia/cle stints). Ultimately I'm not mad because the movie did what it needed to do for the kids and provided some nostalgia for folks my age or older.

I agree with the earlier post about having a costar for lebron and spreading the acting load.

The part when he did the dab as the "tryna be a cool dad" moment was hella cringe :smh:

Y'all want the real Lebron in a kids movie? This Lebron?

1626651454715.gif

Horrible way to determine how much someone (you don't even know's temperament at that) likes a movie.
Everyone gonna be the exact same temperament tho b? It was dead silence. Every joke was 😐. Except the MJ one. And the kids didn't even understand the ones roasting bron

Just finished watching this, and I very much enjoyed it. Movie definitely started off slow, but it picked up during and after Bron and Bugs recruitment of the Toons in the various WB properties. Liked the Ready Pkayer One feel of it too, though I wish they'd developed the goon squad players a bit more. I wonder how AD's feels about the fact they made his goon squad character come across as a simpleton...lol.

Stop knockin Lebron, nothing anyone did that required practice was ever perfect. You don’t shoot 100% three pointers without practice. Neither do you get on the big screen that way.

First time Actin ain’t easy with the world’s expectations upon you.

Look at Anthony Mackie, his growth is astronomical in acting, he started with a ton of Non-believers. Look at how Natural Anthony Mackie is today! Lot’s of respect for Mackie’s growth, he ain’t no quitter. Who’s to say Lebron won’t find a passion here in the basketball afterlife.

Last edited:
Just watched Space Jam 2021. For a kids movie, it works. There’s a simple story. A villain. Humor and action.

But I guess the argument would be the quality versus Disney/Pixar. Everything was forced. Jokes. Conflict. Emotion. They could have made a classic.

Give Bron props for making history. He was better in Trainwreck. Whoever said the Looney Tunes looked horrifying in 3D was a little hyperbolic but they did lose some of their charm. There was a lot of lost potential in the recruitment phase as they hopped from Warner Bros planet to planet.

Back
Top Bottom