Space Jam XI '09 Yellowing

Just bought a DS pair here in the buy/sell forum, shout to joe kwan btw, but unworn fresh pair had the yellowing. I aint mad tho, i know its gonna happen, and seller made sure i was aware of the slight yellowing around the blue pods. 
But i had a quick question... i know its oxidation and caused by moisture as well, so how do yall clean the soles? i have shoe cleaners, but would feel hesitant to spray the clear sole. I wear my shoes but still try my best to keep em lookin fresh, so i clean all mine up after wear.

Just bought a DS pair here in the buy/sell forum, shout to joe kwan btw, but unworn fresh pair had the yellowing. I aint mad tho, i know its gonna happen, and seller made sure i was aware of the slight yellowing around the blue pods. 
But i had a quick question... i know its oxidation and caused by moisture as well, so how do yall clean the soles? i have shoe cleaners, but would feel hesitant to spray the clear sole. I wear my shoes but still try my best to keep em lookin fresh, so i clean all mine up after wear.

Yellowing gives them character... I did not wait in line all day in the freezing cold for my space jams to just sit in the box... ROCK EM DONT STOCK EM
laugh.gif

Yellowing gives them character... I did not wait in line all day in the freezing cold for my space jams to just sit in the box... ROCK EM DONT STOCK EM
laugh.gif

^ na man, nothing to be mad about. My pair is SLIGHTLY yellow, just around the blue pods on the bottom of the shoe. A lot slighter than the pics i see on this thread, so i aint mad. Dude made me aware too. Shoes were unworn, still crispy and laced up when i opened the box. Had the brand new smell after a year too
pimp.gif
 was surprised about that
So can anyone tell me the BEST way to clean the clear soles... without aiding the yellowing process with moisture cleaners.

^ na man, nothing to be mad about. My pair is SLIGHTLY yellow, just around the blue pods on the bottom of the shoe. A lot slighter than the pics i see on this thread, so i aint mad. Dude made me aware too. Shoes were unworn, still crispy and laced up when i opened the box. Had the brand new smell after a year too
pimp.gif
 was surprised about that
So can anyone tell me the BEST way to clean the clear soles... without aiding the yellowing process with moisture cleaners.

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

laugh.gif
word. They're made to be worn indeed. Already sold my size 12 pair online which have a slight yellowing and still ds, and a ds size 13 pair I got from a friend is also on it's way here.
I'll be rocking it this summer! Same with my CG11's, that's also on its way too. You guys should wear yours. If it yellows, then it shouldn't be a problem. It happens, so yeah.
There's seaglow to the rescue anyways, lol.

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

laugh.gif
word. They're made to be worn indeed. Already sold my size 12 pair online which have a slight yellowing and still ds, and a ds size 13 pair I got from a friend is also on it's way here.
I'll be rocking it this summer! Same with my CG11's, that's also on its way too. You guys should wear yours. If it yellows, then it shouldn't be a problem. It happens, so yeah.
There's seaglow to the rescue anyways, lol.

Originally Posted by dimsum1

i'm not hating on the yellowing of icy soles. it's gonna happen inevitably. what i'm hating on is the quality of JB these days.
after one year of it's release, wrapped in plastic, silica packs in the box, un-touched and un-worn, stored in a dark closet...

vdfg1y.jpg

25in050.jpg

this is my friend's pair after a year, deadstock as well, but didn't use plastic bags or silica

35jc5xd.jpg

Mine are like that after wearing the maybe twice
30t6p3b.gif
. They started to yellow almost a year after release.

My DMP's are over 5 years old and have been worn almost 10 times and are still icey but these yellowed ridiculously fast
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dimsum1

i'm not hating on the yellowing of icy soles. it's gonna happen inevitably. what i'm hating on is the quality of JB these days.
after one year of it's release, wrapped in plastic, silica packs in the box, un-touched and un-worn, stored in a dark closet...

vdfg1y.jpg

25in050.jpg

this is my friend's pair after a year, deadstock as well, but didn't use plastic bags or silica

35jc5xd.jpg

Mine are like that after wearing the maybe twice
30t6p3b.gif
. They started to yellow almost a year after release.

My DMP's are over 5 years old and have been worn almost 10 times and are still icey but these yellowed ridiculously fast
indifferent.gif

My space jams had showed no signs of yellowing until this past summer (August or so). I live in the Phoenix area and it gets damn hot in the summer. I just thought it was the extreme heat coming off the concrete that excellerated the yellowing.

My space jams had showed no signs of yellowing until this past summer (August or so). I live in the Phoenix area and it gets damn hot in the summer. I just thought it was the extreme heat coming off the concrete that excellerated the yellowing.

my two ds pairs are yellowing like the ones above, i should smack jb next time i see him

Back
Top Bottom