Spanish People Are From Spain Vol. 6

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

If somebody is "Spanish", they are from Spain. Spain is in Europe.

Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Chile, Bolivia, Argentina, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Costa Rica are NOT in Europe therefore anybody from any of these countries are NOT Spanish.

Thank you.
 A person doesn't necessarily need to be "from" Spain to be "Spanish."
Spanish is what you are, not where you're from.
Te gustan los?

Eh.. considering the Spanish conquistadors raped all your ancestors, this is merely nitpicking..

Eh.. considering the Spanish conquistadors raped all your ancestors, this is merely nitpicking..

"Latino is the correct terminology used to refer to people whose background is a mixture of European, African, and Indigenous cultures"

"Latino is the correct terminology used to refer to people whose background is a mixture of European, African, and Indigenous cultures"

hispanic come from hispanola rite? 
map-hispaniola-physical.jpg

so technically people from south america and central america aren't hispanic either? 
nerd.gif

hispanic come from hispanola rite? 
map-hispaniola-physical.jpg

so technically people from south america and central america aren't hispanic either? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 Believe Me I'm Portuguese (I deal with the Brazilian/Portuguese dilemma) I have been to Spain various amounts, believe me Spaniards are NOT and will NEVER be thrilled about Mexicans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, etc being labeled as "Spanish" or "Espanoles", honestly tho I'm from the Tri-State area and many Hispanic born Americans refer to themselves first as being Spanish when asked, they need to realize it as well. 

laugh.gif
 Believe Me I'm Portuguese (I deal with the Brazilian/Portuguese dilemma) I have been to Spain various amounts, believe me Spaniards are NOT and will NEVER be thrilled about Mexicans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, etc being labeled as "Spanish" or "Espanoles", honestly tho I'm from the Tri-State area and many Hispanic born Americans refer to themselves first as being Spanish when asked, they need to realize it as well. 

I agree with OP here. It kind of bothers me when people I know whom originate from South American countries claim to be "Spanish".

I agree with OP here. It kind of bothers me when people I know whom originate from South American countries claim to be "Spanish".

Fun fact but before I started traveling I always thought Spain was in South America. When I moved to Italy and realized Spain was across the way and that Spaniards were white, my mind = blown.

Fun fact but before I started traveling I always thought Spain was in South America. When I moved to Italy and realized Spain was across the way and that Spaniards were white, my mind = blown.

how about Portugese =/= Mexican 
laugh.gif
I guess being part Indian/many Portugese being "darker" has something to do with me looking Mexican/Latino though

how about Portugese =/= Mexican 
laugh.gif
I guess being part Indian/many Portugese being "darker" has something to do with me looking Mexican/Latino though

Back
Top Bottom