(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

NTNTNTNTNTNNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNTNNTNTNTNT

The wolves have been nonexistent this year. I hope Grey Wind gets to throw down before he's killed. I guess we've traded off seeing the dragons (which look great) for not seeing the wolves.

I hope so too. I think (hope) they'll go into Arya's warging when they do ADWD.

Dudes are sleeping on my dude Victarion ....he' gonna take that targaryan p by force
That dude might get barbecued by dragons. I want to see what his plan is though.

I like the other Greyjoy uncle. The one who has that burnt black arm and has that big booby sea wench in his cabin with no tongue.

I think you're describing Victarion :lol: one of my favorite parts in ADWD is when he first starts raiding after Euron is crowded. He just destroys everyone on the ship :lol:

When he kicked son in the armour of the ship, I howled.

NtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNt

I think we just got another revelation on the show that wasn't in the books.

If I'm not mistaken, stannis never mentioned what he actually saw in the flames after black water. Now we know he saw a great battle in the snow (crushing mance).

I love how the show sprinkles little nuggets to book readers and I've liked most of the changes they've made.

Will we see more of the slave that was with the Second Sons in the future? 
pimp.gif

NtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNtNt

I think we just got another revelation on the show that wasn't in the books.

If I'm not mistaken, stannis never mentioned what he actually saw in the flames after black water. Now we know he saw a great battle in the snow (crushing mance).

I love how the show sprinkles little nuggets to book readers and I've liked most of the changes they've made.
he did mention seeing himself in the flames. but he didn't mention a snow battle...

NTNTNTNTNTNTNRNTNTNNTNTNTNTNTNTBTNTBTNTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTNTNTNTNT

Just wanted to pop in cause I finally read past the RW and didn't have anywhere to vent for the sake of spoiling. Even though I knew it was coming I still felt it. I'm reallllllllly anticipating how it turns out on the show. Damn why did they have to do Grey Wind like that though :'( .

It'll be pretty epic to have the Rains of Castamere playing in the background with the loud drums while the action switches between Catelyn's and Arya's POV.

Now off to finish the rest of the series.

Stay out of this thread until you finish the epilogue of ASOS :lol:

I know a certain someone revives from the dead :lol: (my curiousity spoils everything) but did anyone notice any foreshadowing in last night's episode? Immediately after Stannis throws Joffrey's leech into the flames, it cuts to him drinking wine.

I know a certain someone revives from the dead :lol: (my curiousity spoils everything) but did anyone notice any foreshadowing in last night's episode? Immediately after Stannis throws Joffrey's leech into the flames, it cuts to him drinking wine.

Ah ok! Yeah that episode was really really good. Non-book readers are going to watch it again in a year or two and really appreciate everything that went on and how it was presented.

I've hated daario ever since Dany started showing interest in him. Him looking like a fruity clown pirate helped in hating him since he looked ridiculous. Khal Drogo probably rolled in his grave. The show made him a cross between Fabio and Jaqen :smh: >:. I know the show downplays the extreme looks of characters but at least make him a little odd looking. My friend said he always thought he should look like Captain Jack Sparrow. Moisture was probably dripping from Khaleesi's thighs the moment she met him in yesterday's episode.

Last edited:
they go out of their way to make everyone from Braavos extra swaggy in the show.

not in the books. but i thought last night in the show they said he was braavosi and changed his origin?

they also changed the name of the captains.

or was i just not paying attention during the introduction?

Last edited:
^ Yup. That was the Titan's Bastard.

Anyone notice they switched that whole interaction w/ Dany to being with the Second Sons?

In the books, Daario is leader of the Stormcrows and kills their two other leaders to become the boss and switch their alliance. The Second Sons actually end up being pretty important down the line, and as of the end of the last book, Tyrion was w/ their leader Ben Plumm getting them to finally switch to Dany's side.

I guess they are just really trying to limit the amount of character at the moment?

NTNTNTNTNTNTNRNTNTNNTNTNTNTNTNTBTNTBTNTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTBTNTNTNTNT

Just wanted to pop in cause I finally read past the RW and didn't have anywhere to vent for the sake of spoiling. Even though I knew it was coming I still felt it. I'm reallllllllly anticipating how it turns out on the show. Damn why did they have to do Grey Wind like that though :'( .

It'll be pretty epic to have the Rains of Castamere playing in the background with the loud drums while the action switches between Catelyn's and Arya's POV.

Now off to finish the rest of the series.

Bruh I was so distraught after I finished Catelyn's chapter :lol: and Arya was right there too? I finished the book and just stared into space for a long while reflecting.

ntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntnt

did you guys see the preview for the next episode? there's not even any inclination that the RW is gonna go down. show watchers are gonna be :wow:

i want to watch this episode with my friends who haven't read the books. i'm sure their reactions would be priceless :lol:

I was hoping they'd give Selmy the chance to kill the Titan's Bastard but I guess not :smh:

I knew that was not going to happen as soon as Selmy was revealed so soon. Icing on the cake was when the Titan's Bastard's head was rollin' on the ground.

Last edited:
ntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntntnt

did you guys see the preview for the next episode? there's not even any inclination that the RW is gonna go down. show watchers are gonna be :wow:

i want to watch this episode with my friends who haven't read the books. i'm sure their reactions would be priceless :lol:
Best part is, coming into it, it will just look like it will be another story based non-action episode. Oh so we get another wedding this week? Oh joy. Little do they know....

I watched the "Ned gets executed" episode with friends and they were taking bets on how he'd be saved.

lulz ensued.

"Whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?! But he's the main character!!"

I remember one of the NT threads nearly burned to the ground that day
laugh.gif

I also find it amusing how many of us post both in this thread and the weekly TV thread.  And post like we genuinely don't know what's coming (though with the storyline tweaks and changes they've been making like Gendry and Melisandre I guess we don't.)

Very much different from The Walking Dead thread and how there's a weekly civil war in there.

I was hoping they'd give Selmy the chance to kill the Titan's Bastard but I guess not :smh:

I knew that was not going to happen as soon as Selmy was revealed so soon. Icing on the cake was when the Titan's Bastard's head was rollin' on the ground.

Oh yea I figured that :lol: but it was just a hope that I was holding out. Especially with the line Dany threw at him.

bruh I can't wait for this :lol:

yall think the other one will be the last ep of this season?

bruh I can't wait for this :lol:

yall think the other one will be the last ep of this season?

obligatory space adder**********************************************************************************************

nah, theres too much to add for the PW. don't they still need to introduce the martells? they should probably save that for the middle of season 4.

but damn, i've been reading that the RW is the main reason the show creators wanted to make this show. this episode is going to be EPIC.

as much as i want to see it, the feels will hurt again :frown: :lol: these next 12 days of waiting are going to be longggg. GoT is a big reason i look forward to my weekends :lol:

but as for the last episode of the season, i expect LS to be the cliff hanger. i don't know if they can incorporate Arya's wolf dream, but i envision that a group of people will pull her body from a river. some ceremony will go down and its revealed that it was beric and the BWOB. thoros and berric do some ritual, beric collapses and *BAM* LS eye's open.

/creditsroll

Last edited:
i do it so it doesn't show up on the "last post" column of the topics page.

show watchers could glance over the column quickly and see a spoiler unintentionally.

Back
Top Bottom